Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mocks 2014 ***No Requests, use the Search button! READ FIRST POST before posting!***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 duignom

Madman60 wrote: »
    Thank you !! U know on the
    general vision of viewpoint
    question was there a bit of choice or did u have to do all of it ??

Looking at previous papers, I would say (i) is a 70 mark question about 2 texts and (ii) is a 30 marker on one text and a 40 marker on another two texts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 htdoll

Art History DEB
    1996xx wrote: »
    anyone know if
    cubism or post impressionists
    is on the DEB art history please

my teacher told me a question on
    cubism , picasso
    is coming up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

chelseax wrote: »
    Anybody have more detailed DEBS HL Biology?? please

I would call this post from only a few hours ago pretty detailed:
    BIOLOGY DEB
    Short q
    1.food: know chemical formula for carbohydrates, difference between lipids and phospholipids
    2.ecology nitrogen cycle
    3. DNA
    4.human reproduction
    Can't remember the rest

Experiments
    1effect of ph and temperature on enzymes
    2IAA experiment

Long q
    1 genetics know linkage and sex linkage
    2ecology(didn't do it)
    3 circulatory system and breathing system
    4 viruses bacteria and plant propogation
    5 reproduction the eye and then you had to write a note on three out of four of : water in the body, stomata, plants adaptation for animal dispersion and I can't remember the last one!

I don't know if I did the spoiler tag properly!

Search the thread, please, a lot of the information is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Emma19952014

English DEB
    Whats the question on
    seamus heaney
    and wats the unseen poem

There you go
    Heaney uses evocative language and imagery to lend universal significance to his personal experiences of life and the unseen poem was driving home at disk with Donal,4

• Registered Users Posts: 1 StephenFallout

HL English Paper 2
    Macbeth
    (i) "Lady Macbeth is a complex villain who ultimately fails to bear the torments of her guilt".
    Discuss this view of Lady Macbeth, supporting your answer with suitable reference to Shakespeare's play, Macbeth
    OR
    (ii) "Shakespeare's play, Macbeth, presents the audience with many moments of despair contrasted with few glimpses of hope."
    Discuss this statement, supporting your answer with suitable reference to the text

I think its the DEB paper

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

lcpre14 wrote: »
    Don't have search button on my phone..been through the threads multiple times and it's not there.. only requesting one thing, can someone please post what comes up for the litir and riomhphost etc on Irish paper one OL (Examcraft)

Some info here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=88626327

You could PM people who put up paper 2 and ask them to post paper 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Jahoby

alfie82 wrote: »
    Same as that and history OL 😟
    Belfast
    was the case study for OL examcraft History, there was a question
    on John Hume and Charile Chaplin aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 S.mcdonnell

spurious wrote: »
    For those who seem unable to search:
    picture.php?albumid=309&pictureid=15032

That doesn't come up on phones

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hmunran

English DEB HL
    Can some please tell me the questinon on
    phillip larkin
    HL english DEB please much appreciated mocks are tomoroow
    "larkin uses well-chosen language which helps the reader to relate to his personal insights."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

That doesn't come up on phones
    Here's a thought: DON'T USE YOUR PHONE!!

If you can't be bothered to go to a PC or laptop to search for what YOU want, why should someone else be bothered finding it for you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hungrymonkey

Okay, I had this earlier and it was REALLY hard, everything I hadn't studied came up, which is completely fab :cool:

OKAY
    Short Questions:
    Explain functions & Examples of Riboflavin (B2)
    Maillard Reaction
    Inversion of Sugars
    Basal Metabolic Rate
    Gram +/- Bacteria
    Credit Card Acts
    Notice Accounts & Demand Debit Accounts
    Structure of Wheat

Long Questions:
    1. Chart
    Vitamin C
    Diet of adolsecents
    Food Choices

2. Meat
    Nutritive value of meat
    Effects of cooking
    Processing of meat

5. Characteristics of a family in modern Ireland
    Social & Economic affects on changing roles in family
    Conflict resolution

Elective : Social Studies
    Tax
    Cottage Industries
    IDA

and

Education

or

Movement from rural areas to urban areas

Did this exam have a question on food processing? Like using a microwave/fridge etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Leavingbant14

Anyone who's done ordinary Irish DEBS is the
    Oisin
    question just a summary ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 hmunran

GEOGRAPHY DEB HL
    kfc14 wrote: »
    hi :) what else came up in the q with
    sec activities non european region? and what else came up in the igneous rock q? please
    I'm not sure on the secondary activities one (i didnt do it) but a landform of your choice and short Qs on earthquakes in japan came up with igneous rocks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Taylorgang1

BIOLOGY DEB
    Short q
    1.food: know chemical formula for carbohydrates, difference between lipids and phospholipids
    2.ecology nitrogen cycle
    3. DNA
    4.human reproduction
    Can't remember the rest

Experiments
    1effect of ph and temperature on enzymes
    2IAA experiment

Long q
    1 genetics know linkage and sex linkage
    2ecology(didn't do it)
    3 circulatory system and breathing system
    4 viruses bacteria and plant propogation
    5 reproduction the eye and then you had to write a note on three out of four of : water in the body, stomata, plants adaptation for animal dispersion and I can't remember the last one!

I don't know if I did the spoiler tag properly!

Is this higher or ordinary level

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Emma19952014

English DEB
    Question on
    phillip larkin
    please sorry to bother u
    Larkin uses well chosen language which helps the reader relate to his personal insights

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mystery_who

Irish OL P1 DEB
    I thought listening was extremely hard, know you dates, and you have to write out a telephone number.
    Letter: 1.Write about a new job you got in a local shop ( i choose this )
    2. You won a prize in a competition and you have to write a letter to your principal ( i think this was it im not quite sure )

Story: It gives you the first sentence of a story.

1. You were eating an icecream on the beach but you werent happy (not to sure what else was in the sentence )
    2. You recieved a text of somebody and you got scared. it was your mum. ( I chose this and then decided to write about an accident that happened [timpiste] )

Anymore questions PM me:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭whoopsadaisy

Biology HL Examcraft
    Short Qs: Food (difference between oils and fats, whats a phospholipid), Mitosis (define diploid), The Brain (label diagram), Respiration (anabolic or catabolic, location), Viruses & Immunity (vaccinations, beneficial viruses), can't remember the last one.

Experiment Qs: Starch Agar, Germination, Product of Alcohol from Yeast

Long Qs: Ecology (waste management, pyramid of numbers), Genetics, The Breathing System & The Skin, Human Reproduction & Reproduction of the Flowering Plant, Enzymes/Photosynthesis/Bacteria, Plant Responses/Plant Tissues/Circulatory System

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 142 ✭✭whoopsadaisy

French OL DEB
    Roxyorls wrote: »
    Nobody has posted anything from the French OL! DEB anyone??

It was a really easy paper, not much revising to do at all :)
    The comprehensions where you answer in French were on a ballet school and a girl who went on holiday with her friends.
    The form was on taking part in a French exchange program
    The postcard was on going to Nice with your family for a few days, talk about the weather and the beach
    Can't remember the rest

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

One ban already and numerous warnings and infractions.

DO NOT POST REQUESTS.

Use the search function.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

alfie82 wrote: »
    my mocks are starting tomorow and I was looking for something to go by for all ordinary subject, so far ive got history and maths from here and sorry bout posting looking for geography but I just thought that because the majority of people here are doing higher levels that maybe just the demand isn't there for OL so that's why I posted sorry

Search for the subject name - there are a few OL papers posted. There are two main companies supplying mock papers, so really until you see yours tomorrow you won't know which company your school is using. Using two companies is very complicated and costly for most schools to do, especially those using a central ordering system.

I know there are many papers missing.
    Lots of take, not so much give - as most years, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cutiepie21

Had ordinary level maths paper 2 today. I think our school had Examcraft as the barcode was on the right hand side(top)
    Spoiler:
    -know how to draw a venn diagram, equation of a line, circle, the construction is the circumcircle,complicated question on area and volume, know how to display data (bar charts etc.)

Other than this info most of it was put up earlier, so if anyone has any question feel free to ask me in pm :) Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 LexiElle12

hmunran wrote: »
    DEB GEOGRAPHY HIGHER LEVEL

I only remember some but

physical:
    plate tectonics and how they influence the distribution of fold mts
    human activities on surface processes
    igneous rocks
    formation any coastal/river/glacial landform
    isostatic processes

regional:
    primary activites irish region
    secondary activites subcontinental
    tertiary activities paris
    physical region subcontintenal
    growth of urban centre dublin

elective (economic)
    MNC
    eu policy
    looking at a map, etc
    sustainable development
    conflict of interest

options (geoecology)
    biome - 3 characteristics

was the
    secondary activities in India
    under the same question as
    growth of dublin
    by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 simonebxo

Irish OL P1 DEB
    I thought listening was extremely hard, know you dates, and you have to write out a telephone number.
    Letter: 1.Write about a new job you got in a local shop ( i choose this )
    2. You won a prize in a competition and you have to write a letter to your principal ( i think this was it im not quite sure )

Story: It gives you the first sentence of a story.

1. You were eating an icecream on the beach but you werent happy (not to sure what else was in the sentence )
    2. You recieved a text of somebody and you got scared. it was your mum. ( I chose this and then decided to write about an accident that happened [timpiste] )

Anymore questions PM me:)

Was this the paper that
    something about john sexton
    came up in the listening?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lcpre14

simonebxo wrote: »
    Was this the paper that something about
    john sexton came up in the listening
    ?

I had the
    listening that Johnny Sexton came up in
    and I have Examcraft papers.. I have the Paper one for this if you want me to pm it to you? I've tried posting it just now but spoilers won't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 VIVA EL PRINGLE

question 1: 3/4 upbeat in e major
    question 5 : major backing chord question.

the two i did

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭booblefoop

English DEB
    simonebxo wrote: »
    Do you know what the pride and prejudice question was?
    I don't remember the exact wording of either but we got a DEB paper and there was a question on the character of Darcy where you basically had to discuss the view that he was a terrible person; there was a Lizzy quote so if you can fit in something about how her view is shaded by prejudice too that might be good. There was also a question about whether romantic love is more important than social class, which was pretty open-ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 IA95

Chemistry DEB Higher level

Ok I'm aware the rough layout DEB Higher level chemistry exam has been posted already, but I'll try to do a slightly more detailed one, excuse the bad structuring.
    Q1 ethanoic acid titration- know the indicator/why its used, colour change and %(w/v) and obviously the normal calculations
    Q2 soap- why do we reflux, stuff on ethanol and brine, drying it, soap reactions with different types of water
    Q3 water - free chlorine and finding/estimating its concentration, suspended and dissolved solids
    Q4 short Qs - heisenberg, radioisotopes, alphe particles, homologous series,tertiary treatment of sewage brown ring test, transition metals, other easy stuff
    Q5 atomic theory- dalton, newland, mendeleev, energy levels/sublevels, ionisation energy, shapes of molecules
    Q6- organic- auto ignition, leaded, heat of reaction and calculation (hcl and naoh)
    Q7- chemical equilibrium- definition, dynamic definition, conditions for so3 production, le chatelies principal, finding kc value of gas reaction
    Q8- ph- limitations, calculate ph given kb value, conjugate pairs,some stuff on what to treat water, more ph calculations
    Q9- organic- families, proving unsaturation, tetrahedral carbons, iupac naming, other basic identifying
    Q10- answer 2 out of 3 parts- (a)empirical/molecular formula, finding which reagent is in excess (what out for different moles of each), percentage yield (b) oxidation, basic electro chemistry (c) rate of reaction, energy profile of exothermic reaction, why rate increases temperature, catalyst converter in cars
    Q11 3 do 2 - (a) another equation find the limiting agent, volume/amount of product etc (b) cl2 and ethane reaction (substitution mechanism) evidence for this mechanism, use of chloroalkanes (c 2 parts do 1) part 1- addition polymerisation, differences between low and high density polyethene. part 2 - atmospheric stuff, mainly c02, 3 chemical species in water as a result of c02, greenhouse factor of gas, benefits of c02 interaction with the ocean.

Hope this helps, I know that people stress out over chemistry
    Now I know I'm not meant to request papers, but I'd like to think ^this^ much info warrants one. Does any body have the DEB higher level spanish or remembers anything about it? I would be very grateful as I have it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭cathalio11

Do you not understand that requesting does little or most likely nothing to speed up the action?

Very few people go into this thread with their exam paper and their lap, waiting for a request for it to come up.

If you don't think I'm being logical, all you have to do is look back at the numerous unanswered requests, even though many have been deleted.

I bet it is annoying having to go through 20 posts by new-reg or re-reg users to find one exam paper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭booblefoop

Some more DEB English Paper 2 info if anyone still needs it
    POETRY

The Dickinson question was about using language and imagery to communicate observations.

The Heaney question was about making personal experience universal

COMPARATIVE

GVV a) Was about constructive/destructive relationships and how they affect the gvv
    b) was a two part one where you discuss one text in the first and the other two in the second, it was a very general question about how key moments show the gvv

CC a) was about gender roles and I can't remember anything about b) sadly :(

Hope this was of some help!

Advertisement