Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Religion Essay Tips?

Options
  • 11-01-2014 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Just wondering how can you prepare for the essay in religion and how can you get full marks?

Any other tips for studying religion for the mocks would also help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭S_Hick12

Just wondering how can you prepare for the essay in religion and how can you get full marks?

Wow. I had no idea religion was actually exam subject in some schools lol. All we do is watch movies in religion :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭legocrazy505

Past exam papers and also look over notes if the teacher has given them out (if the teacher hasn't then you can always make your own notes but make sure they are really to the point).

For the essay question at the end, the past exam papers will help a lot. They will help you get an idea as to what you sort of things you will be expected to answer on the day. Some of the stuff might repeat its self but there is no set pattern. Sometimes the long questions you do in the exam will hint at the essay choices you will have though at the end.

To get full marks in a question, just make sure to explain yourself fully and get your points and knowledge across. Be prepared to drag out your points and expand on them a lot in the essay though. For the short questions at the start try and answer more than 10 to just be on the safe side but you shouldn't really try and do 5 long questions unless you have time but you shouldn't really).

It's basically just practice, practice, practice. That's what I did last year and got an A (Higher Level). I think for the mocks I had done the 3 past exams in preparation for them and also wrote out some notes on important areas like each major world religion.

In regards to the mocks, you will never have everything covered for them so don't panic too much and use them more as an opportunity to see what you need to focus your revision on. The mock results aren't that significant as they are more of an opportunity to get a feel for the whole idea of a state exam.

Advertisement