Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If I cancel my UPC, do I become a new customer

• 11-01-2014 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭

If I cancel my UPC and they call out and take the equipment, do I become a new customer?

If I cancel then reorder, i'll get it half price for 6 months, a new horizon box and 120mb broadband, any reason not to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

colly10 wrote: »
    If I cancel my UPC and they call out and take the equipment, do I become a new customer?

If I cancel then reorder, i'll get it half price for 6 months, a new horizon box and 120mb broadband, any reason not to do this?

I've seen others suggest you register as another resident of the dwelling i.e. wife/girlfriend etc..

Not sure if it is possible with same account name.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

YOu have to be without service for 2 months to come back as a new customer.
    You could always cancel and open a new account under your partners name, unsure if they will do this!
    but if you've been a customer for a good while why not just ring them up and ask the loyalties department

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pancake12

has any one of you above actually tried to cancel and become a new customer under partner`s name? just wondering... i am thinking about doing this as their prices for new customers are great and they dont appreciate their existing customers at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

pancake12 wrote: »
    has any one of you above actually tried to cancel and become a new customer under partner`s name? just wondering... i am thinking about doing this as their prices for new customers are great and they dont appreciate their existing customers at all.

Surely all companies offer better deals to new customers? Certainly Sky and Eircom do.

Ring them up and tell them you're going to switch, they'll put you through to the loyalty team who might offer you a decent discount to stay. I got a good deal when I did that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭tuch

I called to cancel and was put through to loyalty team who took €6 a month off bill but were unwilling to match great prices available to new customers.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 83 ✭✭kaisersuzy

pancake12 wrote: »

Have you tried just signing up to whichever new package you want on their website? you'll get the new package but will start again on the 12 month contract....I did this with my BB, got the same speed for 6 euro a month less

Advertisement