Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Danger: Infinity

• 11-01-2014 10:08pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭

A sequel to Joe Danger Touch. With a Micro Machines aesthetic. Oh yes!

Really enjoying it so far: I think Joe Danger might translate to touch controls better than any other franchise I've played, and this is a refinement of its predecessor in many ways. Still frantic, exciting and addicting.

It does come with the sadly now prerequisite microtransactions, but on the seventh or eight set of levels and the game seems happy to dish out rewards - predominantly characters and vehicles - at a generous pace without pestering you for more payment. Like the first game, though, the higher tier characters do seem priced restrictively high. There's also a 'pay to win' set of power ups, but they're very much kept in the background and are effectively ignorable.

Still, those quibbles aside - and the same can be applied to far too many mobile games these days - it's already hooked me for a few hours after only downloading it yesterday :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

Just a note on this - It's not on Android.

There's an app on Google play by the same name that's just ads and crap.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The later levels in this game are crazy difficult, so much frantic tapping! Was surprised how easy it was for the first ten or more sets of levels, but it's much more challenging than the last iOS game during the later stretches!

Advertisement