Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

old hmv returns

Options
  • 11-01-2014 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭

My oh bought me a used Xbox from hmv in June 2012, and bought the extended two year warranty, however over Christmas it developed the rrod.

I brought it up to my local hmv/xtravision but they refused to accept, saying That the company only bought the name over.....

Any ideas about my options?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

None unless the warranty was provided by a separate company. Hmv went bust. Another company bought the name from the liquidator and nothing else. They negotiated totally new leases on some former Hmv locations but they have zero responsibility for anything to do with the previous company.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The new HMV is a completely different legal entity to the old HMV. Perhaps try contacting Microsoft and explaining?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Is the warranty insurance backed? Many are, check your documentation.

Advertisement