Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some help needed

Options
  • 11-01-2014 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭

Hi guys and gals
    Hope someone can help me i was in a well known electrical retailer earlier today and saw a
    game i wanted to buy with a sticker on it clearly stating the price.

Went up to counter scanned in ,girl says that it was double the price i reply to her what about the sticker on the box she replies oh that must be an old sticker.

Where exactly does a person stand when you come up against this??I thought if you saw a price on something you had to get it for that price or am i completely wrong??
    As i am not very confident just said thats ok did not want any grief or bother over a game
    Really didnt know what i could say didnt want to be looking like a proper dope!!!!

Thanks for any reply boardsies :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

They noticed the error before the sales was completed so you have no legal entitlement to the sticker price

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This is covered under something called "Invitation to Treat". essentially, the shop is under no obligation to sell at the labelled price.

On the flip side, shops do have an obligation to make sure that their advertised pricing is as correct as possible (allowing for the fact that mistakes can, and do, happen).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Well i was at the till with my 11month daughter roaring in the buggy so the girl scanned it in i was not paying attention handed over the money it was when i looked at my change i noticed the price difference then i questioned her

oh well my mistake

Big thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

I have been told the same as what the others have said by a person working in law.

I suppose its more down to store policy whether they honour the price or not.

I can remember when i was younger my mother receiving an item at a lower price because of an incorrect tag thats what made me think today when it happened to me

thanks anyway littlelulu

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

You noticed it was more expensive after you paid? If so I think that is a different story.

This is what happened picked it up went to till my daughter was roaring for a bottle handed the item to girl she scanned it i turned away to give my daughter her bottle
    thought i heard the wrong price from the girl wasnt sure said to myself id check it when i got my receipt and change

Girl handed the receipt to me i questioned price she replied must be old sticker she went to remove the sticker is i said id rather you didnt, i said oh right its grand didnt want the hassle when my baby was roaring her head off

Just wondering who is right for future purchases

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Cork selfbuild

If they are a good retailer more often than not a good manager would honour it... Some stores / chains have a policy on the price you see is the price you pay. Happened to me a few times, and can't remember a store not honouring it...

Advertisement