Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I cannot access my cams from mobile network

Options
  • 11-01-2014 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

Could you help please ?

I cannot access my cams from mobile network, but they work with local WiFi connection. What are the required steps to enable broadcasting?

im using a eyecam by storage options i tried PFPortchecker by portforward.com, i got an external ip address but couldnt get a ping result or port check result,

any clues to what im doing wrong

running windows 8

thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

What router are you using? And what way have you set up the port forwarding?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Don't these storage option systems use the IMSeye app now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭faolteam

the cisco router with upc

well i couldnt set up the port forwading i was just checking it with PFPortchecker by portforward.com

any help appreciated thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭jamesd

You need to get into the cisco menu and do the port fowarding from there, you need to allow the ports throught from outside to the inside ip address of the DVR.

can u explain maybe how thats done please
    jamesd wrote: »
    You need to get into the cisco menu and do the port fowarding from there, you need to allow the ports throught from outside to the inside ip address of the DVR.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Goto your routers IP address via your web browser.
    Login to the router.
    Goto advanced.
    Port Forwarding or Services.
    Forward any ports that are being used camera/dvr to the IP of the machine.

When you log into your Cisco router through 192.168.1.1

Go to the Applications and gaming tab, then go to the port range forwarding tab and enter in your details in there. The IP address you enter in there is the ip that your DVD is using on your internal network and you then enter in the port which your DVD has assigned to use, in my case it's 37777, to I put that port in as my starting port and I have 37778 as my end port, I think you can actually have both the same if I'm not mistaken, but it doesn't make a lot of difference.

user name and password
    KoolKid wrote: »
    Goto your routers IP address via your web browser.
    Login to the router.
    Goto advanced.
    Port Forwarding or Services.
    Forward any ports that are being used camera/dvr to the IP of the machine.

faolteam wrote: »
    user name and password

If you haven't changed them before, and if it's the Cisco 3925, both fields should be blank, the next screen you will then see will ask you to insert your own password.

Local IP Adr Start Port End Port Protocol Enable

192.168.6.999 82 82 tcp yes

• Advertisement

Local IP Adr Start Port End Port Protocol Enable

192.168.6.999 82 82 tcp yes

The IP is not a valid range. Where are you getting that from?

these were the settings in my MJPEG Device settings

the ip address was 192.165.1.24
    the port was 82

""The IP address you enter in there is the ip that your DVD is using on your internal network""

what is this DVD i dont have any dvd ?

What is the IP address of your modem?
    The DVR must be within the same range as that.

Yes. The port 80 is not needed.
    So your DVR IP must be in the same range
    192.168.1.***

but i just cant get it to work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

I just done this tonite im using the app kmeyepro on the settings on your app put in the add of your router in the mobile port put in 15961.

On your port forwarding settings put in the add of your camera dvr in start port put in 15961 finish port 15965 protocol put in both and tick enable.

Thats what i done and it worked so give it a go.

i have the right ip address but its the start port and end port i cant find

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

i have the right ip address but its the start port and end port i cant find

Did you try what i said ?

whatever you put in the mobile port on the app is what you need to put in your start port on your router.

Also you need two ip addresses on for your router and one for your dvr.

• Advertisement

but no look

And have you all the settings correct on the DVR and the app.
    If you could post up everything you have set up on the DVR, the router and the app we should be able to see what's missing.

And have you all the settings correct on the DVR and the app.
    If you could post up everything you have set up on the DVR, the router and the app we should be able to see what's missing.

Advertisement