Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help! moving to dublin

Options
  • 12-01-2014 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

Hello all, Im currently living in West of Ireland and have been offered a work opportunity in Dublin I cannot refuse. I have a 4year old girl who will be starting school in September. I have been enrolling her literally everywhere in the Castleknock / Blanchardstown area and I am really panicking. My main concern is that I will be starting my new job in March / April and will be forced to transfer her ECCE to a Montessori in Dublin. Can anyone recommend a Montessori/daycare in these areas, I understand that it is a bit of a mess having to move her mid term :( Im sick with worry until I get this all sorted. Thanks everyone x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

You may want to try the Dublin 15 forum:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=993

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I would not worry too much about transferring her during the ecce scheme,I would however worry about getting a school place in Dublin 15 at this late stage.
    DO you know what part of Dublin 15 that you will be living in?It is quite big.

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I would not worry too much about transferring her during the ecce scheme,I would however worry about getting a school place in Dublin 15 at this late stage.
    DO you know what part of Dublin 15 that you will be living in?It is quite big.

More than likely castleknock. I have her enrolled for Brigids and the educate together. It'd the only area of Dublin I know. Partner works in airside and ill be working in sandyford so its in between

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is a nice area too:)
    Do you have a place in either school? or the chance of one?

Moonbeam wrote: »
    It is a nice area too:)
    Do you have a place in either school? or the chance of one?

I have her pre enrolled in both, ill know in march. I only got offered this job in last few weeks so things are happening very quickly. I'm trying to make the move as smooth as possible for my daughter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

There's a really nice montessori opposite the educate together on Beechpark Avenue, my nephew goes there. Can't for the life of me think of the name but I'll ask my sister when I see her :)

I'm very lost I'm a duck out of water coming to the big city!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I'm very lost I'm a duck out of water coming to the big city!

You'll be ok :) Blanch/Castleknock is a good area and you'll have Blanch Shopping Centre just up the roads which will cover anything and everything you'll need. You'll also be on the Maynooth rail line which gets you into town in about 25 mins. You'll also be just up the road from the Phoenix Park which is great for walks/running etc

Blanch - Sandyford will take you about 25 mins once you get onto the M50 but that VERY much depends on the time of day (earlier the better really to avoid rush hour and the inevitable idiot who'll cause a traffic jam cause they were tailgating). If you're not driving it's a VERY different proposition so you'll need a car realistically. Also note that you'll have to pay for the M50 toll every day (get a tag from the likes of eflow.ie) and parking may be expensive if your employer doesn't have a car park.

Blanch - Airside takes about the same time but the same thing applies.. earlier is better.

I lived in Blanch for years myself and am now living/working in Sandyford and to be honest I miss Blanch as I really don't see the appeal of this side of the city myself but that's another rant :)

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    You'll be ok :) Blanch/Castleknock is a good area and you'll have Blanch Shopping Centre just up the roads which will cover anything and everything you'll need. You'll also be on the Maynooth rail line which gets you into town in about 25 mins. You'll also be just up the road from the Phoenix Park which is great for walks/running etc

Blanch - Sandyford will take you about 25 mins once you get onto the M50 but that VERY much depends on the time of day (earlier the better really to avoid rush hour and the inevitable idiot who'll cause a traffic jam cause they were tailgating). If you're not driving it's a VERY different proposition so you'll need a car realistically. Also note that you'll have to pay for the M50 toll every day (get a tag from the likes of eflow.ie) and parking may be expensive if your employer doesn't have a car park.

Blanch - Airside takes about the same time but the same thing applies.. earlier is better.

I lived in Blanch for years myself and am now living/working in Sandyford and to be honest I miss Blanch as I really don't see the appeal of this side of the city myself but that's another rant :)

+1 - blanchardstown is a great spot, I'm from the area, and after living all over I've settled back down here. If you are going to be living near the Phoenix park, it's a fabulous place to have on your doorstep. City centre is close by and transport links are good.

Thanks all we have her enrolled and pre enrolled all over the area. Can't decide on where to settle until we get a school place so things are very up in the air. It's all very stressful. The prospect of being close to so many amenities is wonderful I appreciate all the help

• Advertisement

Advertisement