Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Meter Brands

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭pprendeville

godtabh wrote: »
    I'll be in the states with a spare crank arm

Let us know how that goes. Hope it works out for you. You may be the 1st person this side of the water with one.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Let us know how that goes. Hope it works out for you. You may be the 1st person this side of the water with one.

I've been speaking to clever training. I've to give them a couple of weeks notice before traveling and they will have one (hopefully) ready to pick up before I leave the States. Still a few ifs and buts but I am confident.

Could have placed a pre order a long time ago but I wasnt prepared to have a €500 debt for something that may not arrive for months and months

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Powertap P1 Pedal is up on Facebook. Cycle power meter.com says coming soon for £999

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

Rotor looks to have a new option ready to go Inpower meter housed in the bottom bracket prices look very good if you all ready have rotor on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Rotor looks to have a new option ready to go Inpower meter housed in the bottom bracket prices look very good if you all ready have rotor on

Single leg again. Next.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Hi Ho

I'm selling as I want to get a 4iii in the states in a couple of weeks

I'm all interested in this all of a sudden. Im looking for a budget meter for a TT bike - I have a power tap training wheel. I was looking for a secondhand Stages but this 4iii is selling for about 400 euro in States and I know someone coming home in a month. That's probably around the price for a secondhand Stages. Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

I've taken the power meter plunge and have coughed up for a power2max type S. I should receive it in the next couple of weeks. It seems to be the most straightforward of PMs with little-to-no complaints online, in comparison with the others. Fingers crossed!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭markusz

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

markusz wrote: »

There's a half price pre launch offer on this today for folk who sign up to their mailing list, no commitment yet gives you the chance to buy at 130 sterling if you want to take the chance later on.

http://limits.technology/pre-launch-crowdfunding-campaign-offer-for-limits/?hc_location=ufi

Plenty more info on the "product" there too, not sure how it would affect bike fit but seems an elegant solution (especially if it comes with a RHS version soon as well), competition in this sector really is hotting up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MediaMan

Garmin Vector 2 announced: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/04/vector2-announced.html

Only the pods have changed - new way to attach them which is intended to address issues with them being squished while tightening the pedal.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

MediaMan wrote: »
    Garmin Vector 2 announced: http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2015/04/vector2-announced.html

Only the pods have changed - new way to attach them which is intended to address issues with them being squished while tightening the pedal.

You would wonder does it need to be called vector2 for such a small change for what was a design error in the original vector

You would wonder does it need to be called vector2 for such a small change for what was a design error in the original vector

"Marketing". Highly unlikely they'll admit a design flaw but then again some things will only be spotted after initial release.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭BikeRacer

Took delivery of a 4iiii meter this week with my first ride yesterday. I have a feeling that since I ordered a new crank from them to install it on that I shot up the waiting list for install but I'm not complaining!
    I have nothing to compare it to only the calculated power from trainer-road but my initial thoughts are I'm very happy with it and it's definitely a game changer to the way I'm going to train from now on.

nilhg wrote: »
    There's a half price pre launch offer on this today for folk who sign up to their mailing list, no commitment yet gives you the chance to buy at 130 sterling if you want to take the chance later on.

http://limits.technology/pre-launch-crowdfunding-campaign-offer-for-limits/?hc_location=ufi

Plenty more info on the "product" there too, not sure how it would affect bike fit but seems an elegant solution (especially if it comes with a RHS version soon as well), competition in this sector really is hotting up.

Seems to be a great deal on pre-purchasing 4 of these which could come bluetooth enabled if they reach $250k. Anyone taking a punt on them?

Seems to be a great deal on pre-purchasing 4 of these which could come bluetooth enabled if they reach $250k. Anyone taking a punt on them?

I emailed them to get info but they never replied. Also DC Rainmaker has a lot of 'concern' about their roadmap for delivery

I emailed them to get info but they never replied. Also DC Rainmaker has a lot of 'concern' about their roadmap for delivery

Similar story here, contacted them on Facebook and no reply either.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Just placed an order for a 4iiii Precision. Decided it was time to start training with a bit of focus and a target rather than just heading out for an hour or two when I can with no real objective or target.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I e-mailed them to ask to be added to their mailing list. I missed their special offer deadline so I was just looking to be kept informed of their progress. I got a mail response within 2 hours. I wasn't asking for any further info though so it was an easy mail for them to respond to.

As regards taking a punt on them, personally I'm not convinced by power meters that measure one leg only. I know they work, I know that many people are very happy with them, but I'd just prefer the greater info offered by something that measures both legs independently (or at the very least, one that doesn't infer from data from one leg only). in that context, the Limits becomes $500 when you add a second unit (I haven't looked at the 4-pack offer so maybe the prices could be better than that), and I'm not entirely convinced by their arguments that a wider Q-factor is actually a good thing, so I'd be reluctant to take the plunge for the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭dancrowley

dancrowley wrote: »
    I've taken the power meter plunge and have coughed up for a power2max type S. I should receive it in the next couple of weeks. It seems to be the most straightforward of PMs with little-to-no complaints online, in comparison with the others. Fingers crossed!

Almost here...

9ko0l751t

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Raymzor

Thinking of investing in Ultegra 6800 for €899? Any feedback on Stages Power Meters?

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭granda

Just search for the dedicated power meter thread they're all covered there

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭MediaMan

Raymzor wrote: »
    Thinking of investing in Ultegra 6800 for €899? Any feedback on Stages Power Meters?

Not endorsing either Stages or this outfit, but if you are going down the Stages road you could look at investing for less here: http://www.powermetershop.de/en/stages-power-meter-shimano-ultegra-6800

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,418 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

granda wrote: »
    Just search for the dedicated power meter thread they're all covered there
    I've merged the new thread into the generic PM thread

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭BikeRacer

So far so good with my 4iiii. One slight annoyance is that it has to be calibrated at the start of every ride and as it turns itself off after 2 minutes of inactivity, after any stop longer then that you have to re-calibrate it again. They're working on a firmware update to correct it but it's only a small thing. Some people are complaining of fast draining batteries which I have a feeling 4iiii were anticipating when they include 2 batteries with it but perhaps I'm reading too much into that.
    One thing is definite for anyone considering one, since they use Fedex to ship, you will 100% be nailed for import tax and duty which will be roughly an extra €100. Got my invoice from them today.

MediaMan wrote: »
    Not endorsing either Stages or this outfit, but if you are going down the Stages road you could look at investing for less here: http://www.powermetershop.de/en/stages-power-meter-shimano-ultegra-6800

Gone up in price. I got mine for €650

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

All cycling stuff,whether bikes or components have gone up due to the week euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

Anybody any thoughts in the Powertap pedals? DC Rainmaker is yet to do his nth degree testing but they look a better form to the vector with the pods.

Alternatively, I am considering a SL+ hub on DT Swiss Rim for €599. How heavy are these hubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

I still think this is the best current deal , if they still have stock.
    http://www.bikeline.net/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

That's a good deal alright. Though am running Campag, and have 52/36 rings. Not sure I want to go with a whole new set up.

Advertisement