Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Meter Brands

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Does rain still affect its measurements? The old version had that problem

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

Inquitus wrote: »
    Fair enough, but a power meter that's no better at measuring your power indoors than your already required and acquired turbo and speed sensor strikes me as a very poor investment.

Agree, it'll be a problem for many, not so much for me cause I hate the turbo and can often manage an hour off during the day in winter.
    godtabh wrote: »
    Does rain still affect its measurements? The old version had that problem

One of the first things I wondered too, it'll be interesting to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭TiBoy

Anybody out there using stages ,I'm looking for up to date opinions/experience on reliability etc......... I'm looking to purchase a second/back up powermeter and stages suits me portability wise between different bikes. thanks in advance.

I've had a stages pm since April. Apart from having to replace the battery door it reliably measures just how crap I am.

Very easy setup and trouble free apart from the aforementioned door niggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

With the 4iiii Precision do you have to send them your crank arm and they fit it for you?

Is it $399 all in?

How much does it cost to send the crank arm to them?

thanks
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

mathie wrote: »
    With the 4iiii Precision do you have to send them your crank arm and they fit it for you?

Is it $399 all in?

thanks
    M

Yes you have to send your crank arm to them. A prepaid Fedex PaddedPak to ship it to them is included in the price along with return postage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭BikeRacer

mathie wrote: »

Is it $399 all in?

thanks
    M

You can add about 100 euro tax to that too. No way around it as they ship with FedEx unfortunately.

BikeRacer wrote: »
    You can add about 100 euro tax to that too. No way around it as they ship with FedEx unfortunately.
    4iiii declare it as a warranty return. No import tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭BikeRacer

4iiii declare it as a warranty return. No import tax.

Afraid not. FedEx pays the tax themselves and then sends you a bill 2 weeks later was my experience.

BikeRacer wrote: »
    Afraid not. FedEx pays the tax themselves and then sends you a bill 2 weeks later was my experience.
    Had "Warranty Item" on the declaration of mine. Fingers crossed nothing will show up in the post, at the end of 2 weeks after receiving it so maybe I got away with it?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

big price drop on power2max in the US this week, $780 now for the rotor with rotor cranks, 610 with the gossamer. another $100 for a set of praxis rings

no similar drop in the eu shop yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

mossym wrote: »
    big price drop on power2max in the US this week, $780 now for the rotor with rotor cranks, 610 with the gossamer. another $100 for a set of praxis rings

no similar drop in the eu shop yet though.

Just browser the EU site and noticed

https://www.power2max.de/europe/en/Produkt/bestsellers/fsa-k-force-light-road-2/

It is the old style (not type S) but the PM with these lightweight cranks was retailing for a few hundred more a couple of years ago. Great for anybody looking for a PM/light crankset combo. Would be tempted myself but would want to move on my Rotor 3D first.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

it's the type s that was reduced in the us .

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

I ordered the 4iiii power meter last week. FedEx collected the crank on Tuesday morning. Received an email from FedEx on Thursday morning confirming delivery to 4iiii. Very impressed with service so far.

Took delivery of my crank arm yesterday from 4iiii with the precision power meter installed on it. Installed on bike last night. Paired with garmin head unit no hassle. Hoping to go for a test spin today.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delynet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

any reviews on 4iiii from few guys here on boards with them?

inc21 wrote: »
    any reviews on 4iiii from few guys here on boards with them?

Only received my 4iiii last week so not in a position to offer much of a review. 3 rides so far and no issues to report.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭upthe19th

BePro powermeter anyone any opinion on these seem a good price
    http://buy.bepro-favero.com/

Limited use as yet, but looks good so far. Will report back when I get some more use with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

upthe19th wrote: »
    Limited use as yet, but looks good so far. Will report back when I get some more use with it.

where did you get them? I am on their waiting list and cant seem to find any in stock.

lennymc wrote: »
    where did you get them? I am on their waiting list and cant seem to find any in stock.

Direct from favero. I reserved back in August. Was supposed to have order code about mid September, ended up getting it in mid October.

Initially reserved the 2 pedal but got them to change it to single, which they did no problem.

Ordered and paid. It was en route the next morning. Within 48 hours it was in Ireland. Dealings with them so far have been good and prompt.

• Advertisement

I reserved a set and they said current lead time is about 90 days. :(

How do they feel - one of the concerns dcrainmaker had was the durability. Also, how was installation, and how easy/difficult would it be to swap to another bike?

Thanks!

They feel perfect to me. I was using shimano cleats, these are keo. No issues, I wouldn't have noticed any difference in them. I just need to tighten up the tension a bit more.

Installation was very easy I thought. They are not dependent on torque when tightening. You need to be careful with the lock nut but not overly so. Pedal came loose when I did a little bit on the turbo during set up but that was me not tightening it well enough.

I couldn't see any issue with swapping, that's why I choose the pedal system in the first place. If I was to install again, I'd say it would take less than 5 minutes.

Connection to head unit was simple. Static calibration was straight forward, standard issue. Dynamic calibration was very easy also. Dynamic is only required after installations. It needs a bit of time to 'bed down' from what I can gather, so I'm giving it an array of activities during my spins, couple of sprints, spinning, bit of tempo, etc.

As regards durability, I cannot comment as yet. I read DC rainmaker review, it was what made my mind up in the end about getting one. He says they got battered looking, but the whole pod is enclosed in a really hard resin. I don't have an worries as such about cosmetic, within reason, as long as the system continues to perform well.

I'll update as time goes on.

Thanks upthe19th

lennymc wrote: »
    Thanks upthe19th

No problem Lenny. Hope you get sorted quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭viperlogic

anyone know of any PM that will have a "black friday" discount? Weighting up 4iii, bepro-favero, stages, and P2M at the moment. A big discount could sway my decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭Smalltom

viperlogic wrote: »
    anyone know of any PM that will have a "black friday" discount? Weighting up 4iii, bepro-favero, stages, and P2M at the moment. A big discount could sway my decision.

DCRainmaker had something recently about Black Friday discounts. He does great reviews and did a huge powermeter one recently. Also P2M were heavily discounted in the USA there recently. I have one on the go 2years now and zero problems bar a couple of battery changes.

Any bePro favero users here?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Pondering between a pedal system (bePro most likely) and a crank/chainring system (P2M or C1). Price wise they all would come in quite close I think. P2M is around 800 for me, C1 is 700ish (but would need to change to a BCD110 chainset on the training bike) and bePro is also somewhere there in that region.
    For pedals I can use them in road races, TTs and quite importantly also on the track. It would mean to switch to road shoes for the training/commuting bike (not that fond of walking around in road cleats). Can't use them for CX.
    A chainring system would be simpler to manage for racing and training bikes and can use in CX but excludes usage on the track.

While two power meters are the ultimate solution (or even three!) I haven't won the lottery just yet so one will have to do. I'm kind of leaning towards the P2M option but having power data from the track is also quite tempting. I know, first world problems! Anyone has any insights on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Pondering between a pedal system (bePro most likely) and a crank/chainring system (P2M or C1). Price wise they all would come in quite close I think. P2M is around 800 for me, C1 is 700ish (but would need to change to a BCD110 chainset on the training bike) and bePro is also somewhere there in that region.
    For pedals I can use them in road races, TTs and quite importantly also on the track. It would mean to switch to road shoes for the training/commuting bike (not that fond of walking around in road cleats). Can't use them for CX.
    A chainring system would be simpler to manage for racing and training bikes and can use in CX but excludes usage on the track.

While two power meters are the ultimate solution (or even three!) I haven't won the lottery just yet so one will have to do. I'm kind of leaning towards the P2M option but having power data from the track is also quite tempting. I know, first world problems! Anyone has any insights on this?

Stages! ;) and only 500 euro on Evans. just need to have the same length cranks on each bike and also shimano!

• Advertisement

thekooman wrote: »
    Stages! ;) and only 500 euro on Evans. just need to have the same length cranks on each bike and also shimano!

Gen1 units thou, not the current gen2 as I found out yesterday on opening the box :mad:

Advertisement