Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hydraulic pumps recommandations

• 12-01-2014 1:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Couple of questions;

Can anyone recommend a good hydraulic pump for testing heating pipes for the domestic market

Whats a safe pressure to pump too

Anyone have any expierience/ could recommend Leak dection companies for the Dublin/ Greater area.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

How do know you have a leak ?

Quantify by tying up the ball cock and do a drop test on the supply tank.

You'll have a pain in your Bollo-x trying to pressurise it with a a manual hyro-press.

You could use a water pump to pressure it,consider the pressure on the Rads.

Thermal imaging when hot or Stethoscope when cold.

Larsen's Water Management are excellent but too pricey for your project.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

For Dublin, Brian, at leaktec.ie is geared up to do leak finding, he got me out of trouble on a job in Kilbride recently. He has audio and thermal imaging tracking gear, and can pressurise if necessary.

I'm not connected other than as a happy customer

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

I think the company had larsens out before on a mains leak but as suggested can be pricey for the smaller stuff.

Steve: Will check that lad out, thanks as we always need someone to speed the process up

As below can anyone recommend a good hydralic pump or a better way to test pipes and what can they safely be pump up to. Another words if you have a slow leak you might be there all day at 1.5-2bar.

Similar to Shane on here they are considering an infra red camera but at €2K+ for the Flir is there any alternatives.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

SW Carty in Robinhood Insustrial Est. do these I think.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

cubix wrote: »
    As below can anyone recommend a good hydralic pump or a better way to test pipes and what can they safely be pump up to. Another words if you have a slow leak you might be there all day at 1.5-2bar.

Possible option that's easy to set up and do, take an air vent out of a rad and replace it with an air fitting, and use a compressor to push pressure in to the system, it seems to work in conjunction with audio tracking.

OK, the one downside of that is getting the air out again, but it's not a major hassle to do as long as the air doesn't go too far.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Cheers KK
    I wouldnt mind but I have been in there a few times picking up saddles for mains pipe connections and never new they did it.

Steve: Sounds like a cheap alternative

Advertisement