Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heath 10k

Options
  • 12-01-2014 5:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has done this before and if so what the route is like? It will be my first 10k

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Any details on the race?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 krjago

Storming wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone has done this before and if so what the route is like? It will be my first 10k

Its one of the better races in Laois, really well organised and run, nice course ,fast first 5k long inclined back 5k .. Great medal and relaxed atmosphere ....

Great race to pick for first 10k ....

Enjoy and Good Luck. ...

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Am doing this too. Heard it's fast on the way out, and slow on the way back. Hoping for a sub50.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭FITZA

Also running tomorrow, sounds like the second 5k will be tough :( I too am hoping for sub 50 but with a hilly 5k it might not happen....my first 10k of 2014 so will be glad to finish :)

Great run, wore the wrong top and got warm fairly fast. 50:07. So close.

• Advertisement

Agree Beertons...great run and it was warm! Im not sure the first 5k was any less tough than the 2nd 5k...thought it was quite hilly all the way!! Delighted to get home under 50 on this course....48.34:)

beertons wrote: »
    50:07. So close.

my Garmin showed distance today at 10.09k....so there's your 7 secs:D

FITZA wrote: »
    my Garmin showed distance today at 10.09k....so there's your 7 secs:D

Not on paper or the official time. I'll just have to do better for the Rathcoffey 10k.

beertons wrote: »
    Not on paper or the official time. I'll just have to do better for the Rathcoffey 10k.

Good luck with it...hopefully it will be an easier course....next on my agenda too!

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭thewolf_ie

I beat my 5k PB in the first half then PB for the 10k of 38.46. The course had a good few inclines throughout. About 150ft elevation gain and loss. Lot of bad back roads with grass down the middle and loose underfoot.

• Advertisement

thewolf_ie wrote: »
    I beat my 5k PB in the first half then PB for the 10k of 38.46. The course had a good few inclines throughout. About 150ft elevation gain and loss. Lot of bad back roads with grass down the middle and loose underfoot.

Congrats on PB for that course! I had forgotten about the rough roads...thats probably why garmin showed 10.09....the extra running over and back at the grassy bits:rolleyes: there were a few of us bunched together at one stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

Advertisement