Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Run mount Juliet

Options
  • 12-01-2014 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Hi just wondering if anyone has run this was thinking of doing the half marathon thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Yep, I did the half there last year. Run report here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83261139&postcount=375

Tough enough 2 lap course (unless they change it for this year). I think last year was the first year of it.... No major complaints other than those couple of small items in my report.

It would be a good one to do if you are planning on doing a hilly marathon later in spring - eg Tralee or Connemara.

Enjoy it if you decide to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Finnt

That's perfect thanks! I searched before I posted couldn't find that,

I'm going to do the limerick marathon in May, might take the first lap handy enough so and see on the second?

Finnt wrote: »
    That's perfect thanks! I searched before I posted couldn't find that,

I'm going to do the limerick marathon in May, might take the first lap handy enough so and see on the second?

That's probably sensible. Defo start off slow enough anyhow, but do take advantage of the downhills. You'll get a feel for it on the first lap. I assume theyll keep the course the same. There's an animal hill about half way thru each lap, second time round I slowed to a walk. Nice downhill and flat towards end of each lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NoGutsNoGlory

the route is the same this year. 2 loops.. including one large hill.. there is a nice 1.5m downhill section before the steep hill. then down hill into stoneyford village and then a large uphill again .. fast finish ( last mile downhill).. i think its 50euro to enter the half. the roads were closed last year. i presume its the same this year.
    as halfs go it is in the tough bracket..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

the route is the same this year. 2 loops.. including one large hill.. there is a nice 1.5m downhill section before the steep hill. then down hill into stoneyford village and then a large uphill again .. fast finish ( last mile downhill).. i think its 50euro to enter the half. the roads were closed last year. i presume its the same this year.
    as halfs go it is in the tough bracket..

50 euro for a half! :eek: madness

• Advertisement

30 for the ten k........

blockic wrote: »
    50 euro for a half! :eek: madness

Ya I know but she wanted to go away that weekend and it'll kill two birds with the one stone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Ya I know but she wanted to go away that weekend and it'll kill two birds with the one stone!!

I live 5 miles away and wouldn't pay 50 for it. 30 is plenty to pay for a half. But if enough fools pay it it will be 55 nxt year. For me it's a no.

I live 5 miles away and wouldn't pay 50 for it. 30 is plenty to pay for a half. But if enough fools pay it it will be 55 nxt year. For me it's a no.

the spread after the race wasnt up to much either;);) so wouldnt suit u:rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭webpal

50 is ridiculous, wonder if any of it is going towards the car??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

Was there a medal or a tee last year?

Was there a medal or a tee last year?

Technical tee. I actually can't remember if there was a medal!
    Nice soup, tea and sambos after too.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Really overpriced event, Shame as it's local to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 fastmummy

Any body have a number for either half or 10k in mt.juliet they want to sell?

The half is canceled !

from website.. Event Update - 8:00am Sat 15th

The 10Km will proceed as planned at 11:15am, however due to course conditions the Half Marathon is Cancelled
    Any runner registered in the Half Marathon is welcome to participate in the 10km

As was announced on Thursday the 3km has also been postponed.

m j took a hammering during the storm. but cleaned up. part of the half route is now flooded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭donnacha

Wow - for such a ridiculously overpriced event you'd think they'd be able to give some sort of notice considering the weather isn't exactly a surprise. At 11pm last night they were tweeting that the HM would go ahead, then on the morning of the event at just after 8am they cancel the HM. Consolation for those that paid and showed up for the HM - you can run the 10km instead.

I was planning on running the half tbh I've no interest in running the 10k,
    I rang yesterday before heading to Kilkenny to see was it going ahead and was told it was,
    We stayed in Kilkenny last night and it was a grand night I don't see what could have changed?
    The half course is 2 Laps of the 10k course (plus a bit I suppose!) if the 10k is going ahead why not the half?
    Surely they'll have to refund people ?

I was planning on running the half tbh I've no interest in running the 10k,
    I rang yesterday before heading to Kilkenny to see was it going ahead and was told it was,
    We stayed in Kilkenny last night and it was a grand night I don't see what could have changed?
    The half course is 2 Laps of the 10k course (plus a bit I suppose!) if the 10k is going ahead why not the half?
    Surely they'll have to refund people ?

the ten k starts at the far side of the flood. they will ferry runners across the flood to the start.
    the half would have to run through the flood on the second lap. hope that makes sense. i was going to run the half ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Calvin Johnson

Was thinking about running this - glad I didn't go for it.

the ten k starts at the far side of the flood. they will ferry runners across the flood to the start.
    the half would have to run through the flood on the second lap. hope that makes sense. i was going to run the half ..

Did you do the 10k?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Was thinking about running this - glad I didn't go for it.

Congrats on avoiding this scenario

Anyone know who did the timing for this event?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭bewleys berry

Total timing were doing the timing..........there's no results up yet........

Any one do it? What was it like?

Yeah I did it, seriously tough course, km 5 was basically a steep hill, followed by a down hill section and the km 8 was up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

Total timing did the times, the results are up on their website, christ almighty that was tough and that hill was more like a hike!

Did you do the 10k?

no skipped the 10 k ... expensive 10k (€50 for the half)

• Advertisement

Advertisement