Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ribbon for Cake Decorating

Options
  • 12-01-2014 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭

Hi All,

Does anyone know where I could get some ribbon for decorating a wedding cake? I'm looking for a specific colour, are there any fabric/ribbon shops around?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

You could try Greer's in town or upstairs in Guiney's....

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

There is a fabric shop at the end of the mayors walk (road opposite garda station) and if you turn right at that junction outside that shop, there is a second fabric shop one a little further down that road.

Singer sewing shop is on newgate street (if you turn left at the above junction and go down the hill a little, its on the right). I don't know if they stock ribbon.

Michael Guineys sells fabric so they might have some.

There is a wool shop on the road to the right just before the zipyard/old cinema. They might have some there.

If home focus is still open, they might have some. They were out near superquinn but I'm not sure if they are still there.

Thats all that I can think of :)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭billiejosie

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    You could try Greer's in town or upstairs in Guiney's....

I didnt know Guineys did ribbons, I'll have a look so, cheers Rockman

littlelulu wrote: »
    There is one at the end of the mayors walk (road opposite garda station) and if you turn right at that junction outside that shop, there is a second one a little further down.

Singer sewing shop is on newgate street (if you turn left at the above junction and go down the hill a little, its on the right). I don't know if they stock ribbon.

Michael Guineys sells fabric so they might have some.

There is a wool shop on the road to the right just before the zipyard/old cinema. They might have some there.

If home focus is still open, they might have some. They were out near superquinn but I'm not sure if they are still there.

Thats all that I can think of :)

Thanks brilliant, thanks for that littlelulu! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

Thefavourshop.ie

She's based in a house in Lismore Heights, you can order online and arrange a time to collect them.

• Advertisement

wendydoll wrote: »
    Thefavourshop.ie

She's based in a house in Lismore Heights, you can order online and arrange a time to collect them.

That sounds great, thanks wendydoll :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

If you were only looking for some for one cake the Book Centre have a good selection of colours but lengths would only really go around maybe one 10 or 12 inch cake.
    They're on right just past the tills kind of down low on shelves.

sillysocks wrote: »
    If you were only looking for some for one cake the Book Centre have a good selection of colours but lengths would only really go around maybe one 10 or 12 inch cake.
    They're on right just past the tills kind of down low on shelves.

the book centre sell ribbons? you learn something new everyday! thanks for that sillysocks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Yeah I was actually looking for one for a cake, went in to buy the birthday card for same person and saw them by chance! They've about 10 colours I'd say. Precut in packets, prob not cheap compared to cake suppliers etc but grand if it's only once of twice.

Advertisement