Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paving slabs & approx how many would I need?

• 12-01-2014 12:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭

I'd appreciate if someone could help me out here, the area I want to pave is 11 foot x 12 foot. The slabs I'll be getting once I figure out which design and price they'll set me back will be 400mm x 400mm.

Also around how much or filler or quarry ash I think it's called would I need for the same area, I'd probably be going down a dept of 3 inches the whole way around.

Cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

TBP wrote: »
    I'd appreciate if someone could help me out here, the area I want to pave is 11 foot x 12 foot. The slabs I'll be getting once I figure out which design and price they'll set me back will be 400mm x 400mm.

Also around how much or filler or quarry ash I think it's called would I need for the same area, I'd probably be going down a dept of 3 inches the whole way around.

Cheers,

You will need close to 1 ton of Hardcore/804 (sub-base) which should be compacted and allowing c10% for a little cutting/waste, order 80 slabs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 494 ✭✭vinnie13

You will need close to 1 ton of Hardcore/804 (sub-base) which should be compacted and allowing c10% for a little cutting/waste, order 80 slabs.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

3 inches is a bit thin, id be thinking 5 min ideally 6 ish.
    2 in. of sub base
    2in. laying course sand
    11/2 - 2 in. of slab thickness.

Advertisement