Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters 2014.

Options
  • 12-01-2014 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭

1982%252520B%252526H%252520Masters.jpg

Benson and Hedges Masters starts today from the Alexandria Palace London (hopefully without added Yaya/Kole chants).
    Decent coverage on BBC and Eurosport.

Draw Bracket.

Selby v Davis.
    Bingham vHiggins.

Trump v Fu.
    Junhui v Murphy.

Robertson v Allen.
    Maguire v Perry.

Hawkins v Walden.
    O'Sullivan v Milkins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Spiderpig92

Selby, Ding, Robertson and O'Sullivan favourites to win those Quarters I feel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Selby in real trouble, 4 nill up at the interval, 5all now going to a final frame decider and the bbc stop their coverage... ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

I noticed today watching the Fu/Trump match that the players no longer wear dickie bows but were instead wearing ties. Is this a recent change or have I just not been paying attention before?

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Gumble01

they wear ties during the day and dickie bows at night it was the way years ago bringing it back in

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Spiderpig92

Bad loss for Trump there today, he's had a bit of a shocker this season so far, don't think he has gone past the last 16 of any major tournaments. To be honest, I think his style of play has been sussed out. It was fine in 2011/12 when he burst onto the scene but all of the top players seem to be wise to him now, ie they might leave him an impossible pot that he feels he has to go for and more often than not will stick it up giving his opponent a frame winning chance. I think it's time for him to seek some assistance, a mentor if you will. If I was him, I would have no hesitation in asking the likes of Stephen Hendry, even Steve Davis (although he is still playing for some help) To win the major titles (and to be fair he has won the UK, but should have won 1 or 2 more) he has to acquire a more all round game. He has to become tactically nous like Ronnie has. The likes of Hendry or Davis would be perfect for Trump. We know he can pot balls and make breaks but if he can improve the tactical/safety side, I would have no doubt he would be more regularly in the winners circle

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 poolcues

The Masters Event is a professional snooker tournament. The final is on 19th of this month. You may buy tickets, which are available online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Whats up with the coverage? It's scheduled for today from 13:00 to 18:00 on BBC2 but it's not on :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭readystudypass

something about a power cut. They hope to have coverage from 14:30

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

good win for robertson today, he was not at his best and neither was mark allen, he looked good for the win when he led towards the end and will be kicking himself, hawkins 4-1 atm on walden

• Registered Users Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Hawkins 4-1 atm on walden

And then he turned to sh1te and lost 6-5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

A fun 10th frame in particular there, 25% of the scores must have been fouls. I do prefer a frame like that though rather than a quickfire century break.

Leaves us with a quarter final line of

Selby v Higgins.
    Fu v Murphy.

Robertson v Maguire.
    Walden v O'Sullivan.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Have backed Selby (4/7), Selby to win 6-5 (6/1) and a Selby, Sullivan, Robertson treble (about 17/10). Gonna crack open a few Stella's an settle for in the evening in front of BBC2

Gonna crack open a few Stella's an settle for in the evening in front of BBC2

Are you looking forward to the great sport relief bake off at 8? Then wild Brazil and the weekly wipe at 10?

Most of the match will be on the red button. Don't get too drunk that you won't be able to change channel!

Neeson wrote: »
    Are you looking forward to the great sport relief bake off at 8? Then wild Brazil and the weekly wipe at 10?

Most of the match will be on the red button. Don't get too drunk that you won't be able to change channel!

I know that, I'm well used to us being hidden on the interactive ****e behind such quality tv shows unfortunately.

They could do without their bake off. I'd say the Wild Brazil might be good and I've heard charlie is quite the man although I have never watched him.

Neeson wrote: »
    They could do without their bake off. I'd say the Wild Brazil might be good and I've heard charlie is quite the man although I have never watched him.

I wonder how many of the sportsmen we will have heard of though ? If there's a bit of fanneh on Wild Brazil, I could be tempted to press "back-up" alright !

It's about courtship involving monkeys and otters so there may very well be some of that in it.

Bloody BBC...four dedicated channels & a dedicated news channel...& they bury coverage of a live sport on the red button. Dreadful stuff, showing rubbish on BBC3 & 4 too.

Is it just me or has the standard so far from all players, possibly except O'Sullivan, been a bit hit & miss?

Myrddin wrote: »
    Bloody BBC...four dedicated channels & a dedicated news channel...& they bury coverage of a live sport on the red button. Dreadful stuff, showing rubbish on BBC3 & 4 too.

Is it just me or has the standard so far from all players, possibly except O'Sullivan, been a bit hit & miss?

It's on eurosport too we should really watch it on that **** the beeb! I don't think the standard has been poor. Average at best though.

It's on eurosport too we should really watch it on that **** the beeb! I don't think the standard has been poor. Average at best though.

I'm not overly fond of the Eurosport coverage/commentators. I do enjoy the BBC lads though, not to everyones liking but to me they provide a huge sense of atmosphere. The Europosrt lads are usually just commenting on a video feed, which comes across as cold & disconnected.

Yeah some of the play has struck me as lacking in most of the matches so far, flashes of brilliance as always, but some real killer decisions & misses from a lot of the elite

• Advertisement

Enjoy my money Boylesports. Bollocks. 99% of bets I make public beforehand lose.

Enjoy my money Boylesports. Bollocks. 99% of bets I make public beforehand lose.

It's not over yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

(de)Cider time. You have a nice 6/1 docket on a 10/11 shot so its been a good sweat whatever happens. GL.

Hard luck with your betting. Congrats to boylesports and everyone involved.

You must be sweating alcohol now??

I'd say you are drippin' man.

Well done. Hard luck Boylesports and all involved.

Unbelievable! I refused to come back and check on here after I last posted out of sheer superstition. What a match, and not just saying that cos the bet came in. Fair play to both of them. Exhilarating.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭melon_collie

Great match last night between Selby v Higgins. Fair play to Selby for coming back. I felt Higgins was unlucky in the last frame with a couple of bad kicks. Two best shots of the tournament were Selby's snooker behind the green and his final cross double on the blue at the end.

• Advertisement

Higgins is some player, easily still in the top 5 in the world for me. Would have loved to see him go on & win this. Anyway, the rocket looks super fluid at the moment, he'll take some stopping...as usual

Advertisement