Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Express Application

• 12-01-2014 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of applying for an American Express card. As part of the application process it looks like American Express look for a "Bank Guarantee" from your bank (I am currently with PTSB).

Has anybody got any experience with this application process or how easy or hard it is to get a bank to give a guarantee?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

cooperguy wrote: »
    I am thinking of applying for an American Express card. As part of the application process it looks like American Express look for a "Bank Guarantee" from your bank (I am currently with PTSB).

Has anybody got any experience with this application process or how easy or hard it is to get a bank to give a guarantee?

Im going to bump this question as I have the exact same inquiry. Does anyone have any insight or experience??

Also with PTSB. That was handy.

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭JTMan

No chance in getting an Irish retail bank to offer a guarantee for a personal customer.

From a quick Google, threads like this, support this view.

Advertisement