Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Depositing money in Current Account

Options
  • 12-01-2014 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I intend to transfer money (euro currency) from outside the Eu into my BOI current account. Does Bank of Ireland charge a fee for incoming transfers. Is there a limit on the amount that can be transferred on a daily basis. Finally, are there tax implications for transfers in excess of a certain amount. Thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi MartinMN, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to Boards.ie

There are charges for inward payments in Euro from outside the EU to your Bank of Ireland account. Details on this can be found in our Schedule of International charges brochure here There is no daily transaction limit on the amount that can be received into your BOI account although there may be daily transaction limits from the financial institution that you are transferring from. To query tax implications, please call your Bank of Ireland branch and an account advisor will be happy to offer assistance. You can find a full list of branch contact numbers here

I hope this helps. 

Billy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 MartinMN

Hi MartinMN, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to Boards.ie

There are charges for inward payments in Euro from outside the EU to your Bank of Ireland account. Details on this can be found in our Schedule of International charges brochure here There is no daily transaction limit on the amount that can be received into your BOI account although there may be daily transaction limits from the financial institution that you are transferring from. To query tax implications, please call your Bank of Ireland branch and an account advisor will be happy to offer assistance. You can find a full list of branch contact numbers here

I hope this helps. 

Billy
    Many thanks Billy...much appreciated. Best wishes. Martin

Advertisement