Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

T3 Triathlon Club - new members day

Options
  • 12-01-2014 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

The T3 Triathlon Club new members day will take place on Saturday 18th January in UCD at 9am in the cafe of the Sports Centre. There will be a run to suit all abilities with varying distances and speeds followed by coffee etc.

A link to the club website is here:

http://www.t3tri.org

I joined the club last year and can only say good things about it. It is best suited to those living in the south of the city and is suitable for triathletes of all abilities.

The club training sessions are well run and there are three coached club sessions per week for swim, bike (turbo or brick session in the summer) and run. There are also other run and cycle sessions that are organised by the club at the weekend.

The ladies side of the club is particularly strong and they were national club champions for the last two years.

The club coach is Peter Kern who has coached a number of national triathlon champions and is well regarded.

Feel free to come along and see what you think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

If you dont want to be just a number in a club, but where everybody knows each other by name, thats a club i would whole hearted recommend .
    Little politics and not many big egos is what I like about this club.

I think some two thirds (thinking about it it was likely a good bit more than two thirds) of the club members attended the x mas dinner last year and i think that says a lot about a club being in good shape.

Just to clarify , I am not the club coach of t3, i do coach 3 sessions and from time to time write rant emails to make sure people attend training.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

peter kern wrote: »
    If you dont want to be just a number in a club, but where everybody knows each other by name, thats a club i would whole hearted recommend .
    Little politics and not many big egos is what I like about this club.

Not the fact you get paid for coaching? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

That's an aside, but the payment of a tri coach is not enough to deal with too much cr.. .
    So the fact that it's not a political club with mostly fantastic and realistic members, is indeed the main reason I have been doing those sessions for way longer, than I could ever have imagined years ago.

When i talk with other coaches its not the payment thats outstanding ( its not at all) its how much less cr.. I have to deal with than most other coaches that are somehow involved with clubs around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭MD1983

Bump, new members day tomorrow

Advertisement