Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brown Bin in "Bag Only" Areas (Stoneybatter)

Options
  • 12-01-2014 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else has put any thought / found solutions to the brown bin issue for Stoneybatter or any other comparable area?

In short, the collections in this area are bag only (for the most part).

I'm not sure if this is "just the way it is" or a requirement. In any event, probably due to house-size or lack of garden space, there simply is not a wheelie bin "population" at all and I can't imagine anyone really has the space for three of the things. So, its all bags.

So far, the black and green has been collected in bags, but I have not heard anything / seen anything specifically about brown bin collection. The Greyhound site isn't great as it seems only to say that for customers in bag areas, they have no problem giving us a bin! That's really the problem...there isn't any room for the things.

Anyone know anything?

Thanks

B

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭reprazant

Since there is no side doors or lanes out the back or front garden to leave the bins, you would be bringing your bin through the house each week. Bit of a disaster if you have a carpet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I live in Stoneybatter and I don't think we'd physically get a wheelie bin through the house even if we wanted to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Same as the above, not without ruining the house in the process. And if I got in the hallway, noone would be coming or going 'til the next bin day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭budgemook

I think OP is looking for an alternative to wheelie bins.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭brian__foley

Hi,

I think we can all take it for granted that no-one can or wants to get wheelie bins into Stoneybatter houses.

My query is more about what does anyone intend to do when it comes to brown waste? As it stands, we have black and green and that's it. There will come a point (if not already here) where we have to have brown, black and green and as I see it, there is no-one offering a brown bag service with (as I said) only Greyhound offering the bin!

So what I'm asking is how anyone is dealing with brown waste in the area....

Regards

B

• Advertisement

Hi,

I think we can all take it for granted that no-one can or wants to get wheelie bins into Stoneybatter houses.

My query is more about what does anyone intend to do when it comes to brown waste? As it stands, we have black and green and that's it. There will come a point (if not already here) where we have to have brown, black and green and as I see it, there is no-one offering a brown bag service with (as I said) only Greyhound offering the bin!

So what I'm asking is how anyone is dealing with brown waste in the area....

Regards

B

Black binning my organic waste. Only option I'm aware of.

It doesn't really look like anything else is offered even if this is illegal for a householder.

It's just unreasonable to think that the solution is to offer bins in bag area.

It doesn't really look like anything else is offered even if this is illegal for a householder.

It's just unreasonable to think that the solution is to offer bins in bag area.

Is it illegal?

You can read the regs here

Part III is the interesting bit - Reg.6.

Consequences, mind you, aren't clear. But it something we're supposed to be doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I see a lot of people just chucking their rubbish in the street, you could try that.

• Advertisement

Constructive. Thanks.

Mod may as well delete this thread now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Some areas got a special dispensation from DCC to say they weren't required to have wheelie bins due to lack of storage space. When greyhound bought the business they were required to keep the bag collection service in place where it already existed. They find it inefficient though and I gather would like to do away with it where possible. It's an invaluable service for those who have it though (as well as being cheaper than having a wheelie bin). As far as I know there is no brown bag collection service because of the potential rats problem.

Thanks. I suppose the issue is that since that it has now become a requirement to segregate brown waste, and greyhound only seem to do this with bins, not bags which isn't possible. I'd guess, maybe, in that respect the waste collector isn't actually satisfying the regs...maybe.

Lux23 wrote: »
    I see a lot of people just chucking their rubbish in the street, you could try that.
    Constructive. Thanks.

Mod may as well delete this thread now.

Well littering is a big issue in Stoneybatter so Lux23's point, although conveyed sarcastically, is relevant to the thread.

Advertisement