Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice needed on faulty tv

Options
  • 12-01-2014 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭

I bought a 40 inch hannspree tv in electrocity in may 25/5/2013 it was 350 euro. I had it 5 months and had to take it back to the shop as the sound and picture went on it. the store sent it back to hannspree to get it fixed they had it 3 weeks when I got it back and after a two weeks same problems again. I took it back to the shop again and I aske the man could he change it for me he said no as they like to give hannspree a chance to fix it they sent it away again. I rang them 2 days before Christmas day to find out about the tv and they told me hannspree sent it back and it was fixed but when they tested it out in the shop it was not fixed same problem again. where do I stand about this or what can I do im sick of this now.by rite should they change this tv for me now or credit me and should it be electricity or hannspree

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Your contact is with Electricity not the manufacturer.

When an item is defective, then the retailer can offer a replacement, refund or repair. In your case it was a repair, so all good so far. However, you are entitled to expect the repair to be permanent. In other words, the same fault should not reoccur.

If the fault does reoccur then you could reject future efforts at a repair, and instead seek a refund or replacement. Since two repairs have not worked for your television, then I would be seeking a refund or replacement. Nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

If the shop refuses to refund/exchange the TV small claims court.

Advertisement