Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

heating question

• 12-01-2014 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hey there...we haved 3 zones in our house and for some reason the one of the zones isnt working. Can anyone tell me why this would happen?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

faulty motorized valve,try turning the valve manually to see if it works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Hey there...we haved 3 zones in our house and for some reason the one of the zones isnt working. Can anyone tell me why this would happen?

Most likely a faulty zone valve but could be faulty timeclock or room stat.
    What make of valves do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ihatethecold

shane0007 wrote: »
    Most likely a faulty zone valve but could be faulty timeclock or room stat.
    What make of valves do you have?

Im not sure where I would find that out. The heating is run from a Stanley oil cooker.

I should also add that earlier this week 1 zone wasn't working and it is today but today a different zone isn't working..

Sorry my knowledge about heating systems is pretty poor.

Check in your hot press. See if there are box type valves attached to the pipes. They will also have a wire coming from the valve.

Also is there is room thermostat on the wall controlling the heat for the zone that is not heating?

• Advertisement

shane0007 wrote: »
    Check in your hot press. See if there are box type valves attached to the pipes. They will also have a wire coming from the valve.

Also is there is room thermostat on the wall controlling the heat for the zone that is not heating?

Yea there is 3 of those in the hot press. Yellow boxes. Yea there is one stat in one of the bedrooms, one in the kitchen and one upstairs.

Firstly make sure the temperature stat is turned up.
    If it has been, go to the yellow valve, it will be a Sauter/EPH valve. There is detach buttons on the sides of the valve.
    Depress them & remove the head of the valve from the pipe.
    You will see a spindle underneath. Turn a quarter turn & you should find the pipe heating up & thus the zone heating up.

Thanks so much for the tip
    followed instructions and is working just fine now..

But what causes this to happen?

Thanks so much for the tip
    followed instructions and is working just fine now..

But what causes this to happen?

The motorised valve head is kaput. Luckily it's just a head replacement & no wiring required.
    Just purchase a new, unplug wire connector from head & install new head.

Thanks so much shane..very helpful..

• Advertisement
Advertisement