Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

no claims discou t

Options
  • 12-01-2014 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys

I wondered if anyone could help. I have a full irish licence for 2 years and have been driving since march 2011, so 3 years. Ive always been insured with axa. However I went travelling in aufust 2012, but took my insurance out in February 2013. However axa insurance are saying I only have 2 years no claims bonus because im a mobth short between February and March. but really its 3. Its costing mr an extra 100 euro in all insurance companies now so could anyonr give any advice please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

I'm a bit confused over this travelling aspect. Are you saying you let your policy lapse for a while?

Regardless of that, you earn 1 years NCB for every 12 consecutive months of insurance cover, no breaks. You could take out insurance for 10 months at a time over a long period and never earn a NCB

• Registered Users Posts: 3 91ciara

oldyouth wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused over this travelling aspect. Are you saying you let your policy lapse for a while?

Regardless of that, you earn 1 years NCB for every 12 consecutive months of insurance cover, no breaks. You could take out insurance for 10 months at a time over a long period and never earn a NCB

Yea I cancelled my insurance in August 12 travelled and then took out a policy February 13 so because of this theyre saying I only have 2 years no claims.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

91ciara wrote: »
    Yea I cancelled my insurance in August 12 travelled and then took out a policy February 13 so because of this theyre saying I only have 2 years no claims.

You do only have 2 years NCB. They award you a years NCB for 12 consecutive months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Yeah, you will have 2 years NCB, providing you keep your policy live until renewal date. You earned:
    1 year from March 11 to March 12,
    Nothing for March 12 to August 12
    1 year from Feb 13 to Feb 14

Advertisement