Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop problems

Options
  • 12-01-2014 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I'm hoping someone here could give me a hand, I've got a sony vaio, model number pcg-81112m. The problem is sometimes the ram usage shoots right up, for no reason, I could have a picture open and it feels the need to use 5.95gb out of 6gb of the ram, does anyone know what could be causing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Open Task Manager in the Processes tab and sort by memory use; whats using it?
    A malware scan would be a good idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Open Task Manager in the Processes tab and sort by memory use; whats using it?
    A malware scan would be a good idea

Have done, nothing

Heres the task results theres an awful lot of chrome

2rp64o3.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Could be that chrome has loaded a whole clatter of tool bars or other "helper" object that are all eating memory. Depending on what you use Chrome for, it might be worth uninstalling it, running something like CCleaner and then if you want to, install Chrome again but watch out for what it's loading, and asking permissions for.

Ccleaner has a routine in it that can be used to uninstall Chrome if you want to go that route.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

After removing Chrome, you could try SRWare Iron instead. Basically the same browser, but without the privacy issues, google updater etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Got it sorted lads :) thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

What was the problem that caused your problem.

Thanks J

Advertisement