Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Neck pain

• 12-01-2014 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭

I have recently switched from a hybrid bike to a road bike
    I am getting very bad neck pain on even short 1 hour rides, especially the day after the cycle.
    I just got a proper fitting done during the week and went out for a cycle again yesterday to see how it'd help. Neck pain still very much there.
    Road bike is only new as I said and I have less than 300km up on it.
    Is it normal to take time to adjust to the new riding position the road bike gives me? Or should I be adjusting more quickly than this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

The powers that be don't allow anything remotely resembling medical advice here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭billyhead

G1032 wrote: »
    I have recently switched from a hybrid bike to a road bike
    I am getting very bad neck pain on even short 1 hour rides, especially the day after the cycle.
    I just got a proper fitting done during the week and went out for a cycle again yesterday to see how it'd help. Neck pain still very much there.
    Road bike is only new as I said and I have less than 300km up on it.
    Is it normal to take time to adjust to the new riding position the road bike gives me? Or should I be adjusting more quickly than this?

Get a professional bike fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    The powers that be don't allow anything remotely resembling medical advice here.

it could be seen as training advise....
    it can take time to get used to a new position as you are using the muscles in a different way, when you say sore do you mean DOMS kind of sore or sore as in you might need medical advise in which the thread is a no no

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 78,283 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

If it's "very bad" see a doctor. As already mentioned Boards does not permit medical advice to be sought or given

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement