Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internet service providers in Holywell Kilcoole

• 12-01-2014 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi, were moving down to Holywell in Kilcoole in the next few weeks, any recommendations for internet provider's?

We cant get UPC apparently, we do a bit of downloading so something relatively quick and cheap, i've heard Imagine are decent but haven't really heard about anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Is efibre available there?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭greenketchup

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Is efibre available there?

Im not sure, is that eircom? Is it any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

Im not sure, is that eircom? Is it any good?

Looking at the Eircom webpage, eFibre should be available in Kilcoole. No idea how good or bad it is, sorry! You could check out the reviews in the Beoadband forum, here.

I had a quick look on bonkers.ie and they came back with this list of providers for Kilcoole, see this page:
    Vodafone, Up to 70Mb/s download speed
    Sky, Up to 24Mb/s download speed
    UTV Connect, Up to 24Mb/s download speed
    Digiweb, Up to 8Mb/s download speed

They all have varying cost associated with them.

RosieJoe wrote: »
    Looking at the Eircom webpage, eFibre should be available in Kilcoole. No idea how good or bad it is, sorry! You could check out the reviews in the Beoadband forum, here.

I had a quick look on bonkers.ie and they came back with this list of providers for Kilcoole, see this page:
    Vodafone, Up to 70Mb/s download speed
    Sky, Up to 24Mb/s download speed
    UTV Connect, Up to 24Mb/s download speed
    Digiweb, Up to 8Mb/s download speed

They all have varying cost associated with them.

Thanks! Yeah ive been looking at Sky, just wanted to see what people in the area are using, all the providers promise great connections in reality it usually it varies depending on where you are!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭jayobray

Hi, we got eFibre recently on the Newtown Road, getting download speeds of about 42Mb, so happy enough with it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 hungrymonk

Holywell doesn't have fibre power broadband yet. Eircom sales can't give a date as to when it will. Sky & eircom currently offer max 2MB through phoneline. Wicklow broadband is an option. They put a a small antenna box on the roof of your home, €40 for up to 7MB. Although you'll be tied into a contract for 12 months +. I'd say WiMax are similar. Hopefully fibre power will have arrived in Holywell by then!

hungrymonk wrote: »
    Holywell doesn't have fibre power broadband yet. Eircom sales can't give a date as to when it will. Sky & eircom currently offer max 2MB through phoneline. Wicklow broadband is an option. They put a a small antenna box on the roof of your home, €40 for up to 7MB. Although you'll be tied into a contract for 12 months +. I'd say WiMax are similar. Hopefully fibre power will have arrived in Holywell by then!

Well that s a pain! Thanks for coming back though, do you know if that bandwith is ok for netflix etc?

I think Imagine could be the way to go in that case..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

I live in holywell and get about 2.5Mb down and .21 up from Vodafone. Have been chasing efibre fro the last 6 months but there is no updates other than the usual your line is not enabled yet. I use it for xBox and Netflix although not at the same time because gaming becomes unusable if more than one person downloading.

heroics wrote: »
    I live in holywell and get about 2.5Mb down and .21 up from Vodafone. Have been chasing efibre fro the last 6 months but there is no updates other than the usual your line is not enabled yet. I use it for xBox and Netflix although not at the same time because gaming becomes unusable if more than one person downloading.

Thanks, so its fine for that kinda thing, downloading will be difficult I would imagine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Thanks, so its fine for that kinda thing, downloading will be difficult I would imagine!

Downloading can be a pain all right. I normally kick downloads off over night or else leave them running while I'm at work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭ActingDanClark

Well that s a pain! Thanks for coming back though, do you know if that bandwith is ok for netflix etc?

I think Imagine could be the way to go in that case..

im in delgany and using wicklow broadband 10mbps package, perfectly acceptable for netflix, multiple users, wifi or ethernet. reported a router fault yesterday- they volunteered to do the repair at 10 this morning, beat that!

damian139 wrote: »
    im in delgany and using wicklow broadband 10mbps package, perfectly acceptable for netflix, multiple users, wifi or ethernet. reported a router fault yesterday- they volunteered to do the repair at 10 this morning, beat that!

Thats pretty good alright, I heard they were pretty strict about downloading etc..? Not that I download loads, few movies now and again is about it..
    Anyway thanks ill check them out

Advertisement