Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mullingar broadband dropping frequently

Options
  • 12-01-2014 9:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

For the last two days my connection keeps dropping at least once and hour and at max once every 10 mins or so.

Dsl and internet lights on the modem go off and then flash until the connection has been reestablished. I have rebooted modem and all connected devices.

Is this a known issue or is it just my line?

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 424 Verified rep eMobile: Tony

percy212 wrote: »
    For the last two days my connection keeps dropping at least once and hour and at max once every 10 mins or so.

Dsl and internet lights on the modem go off and then flash until the connection has been reestablished. I have rebooted modem and all connected devices.

Is this a known issue or is it just my line?
    It may be a line issue, Mullingar was one of the areas affected bu adverse weather conditions and the timeframe you give would be correct for this.
    I would suggest that you give out tech support team a call on 1890260260 and have them test this with you. Before calling, please ensure you are connected directly into the main phone socket and have just one device connected.
    They should be able to advise of any line or connection, equipment issues.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭shellyb73

No I am in Balbriggan and I suffer this every day especially bad in the evening, Ive contacted eircom on numerous occasions about it only to be told change the channel setting blah blah blah, but thankfully my contract is finished at the end of February so I will take my business elsewhere as I have also done with my mobile phone. Their customer service leaves alot to be desired and their service disgraceful. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

shellyb73 wrote: »
    No I am in Balbriggan and I suffer this every day especially bad in the evening, Ive contacted eircom on numerous occasions about it only to be told change the channel setting blah blah blah, but thankfully my contract is finished at the end of February so I will take my business elsewhere as I have also done with my mobile phone. Their customer service leaves alot to be desired and their service disgraceful. 
    Hi shellyb73

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing and of course for the negative experience you have had over the phone with support.

If you would like to PM me your landline number I will run tests on your line and do my best to identify the issue.

Many thanks

Al

Hi shellyb73

I'm very sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing and of course for the negative experience you have had over the phone with support.

If you would like to PM me your landline number I will run tests on your line and do my best to identify the issue.

Many thanks

Al
    Message sent, I await your findings with great interest

Hi shellyb73

Many thanks

Al
    Message sent, I await your findings with great interest
    Hi shellyb73

I've checked my inbox and there is no private message from you, are you sure it sent? Can you please send it again?

Thanks

Al

• Advertisement

Sent again on Thursday, no response, not surprised really

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I'm having the same issues, it's nearly dropping every 5 mins at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

bluewolf wrote: »
    I'm having the same issues, it's nearly dropping every 5 mins at this stage
    Same here, looks like it's the whole network is crashing.
    Reported fault, and if they won't fix it I will start asking for money off the bill for the whole week i can't use the broadband.
    Last night i just turned the modem off to save meself from checking if it is working. Came back from work tonight and it is the same.
    Useless at this stage - not sure if this message will reach the destination...

wonski wrote: »
    Reported fault, and if they won't fix it I will start asking for money off the bill for the whole week i can't use the broadband.
    Last night i just turned the modem off to save meself from checking if it is working. Came back from work tonight and it is the same.
    Come on eircom Alan.

wonski wrote: »
    Come on eircom Alan.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi shellyb73[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]I have looked in to this as far as I can and run tests on your line.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]I have found nothing which could be causing the issues you are experiencing: there are no external or internal issues on your line, the internal set up you have seems fine and your modems firmware is completely up to date. [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]I have raised this to technical support where I have been informed to advise you to contact them as they will be able to condcut mopre in depth tests.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]I can appreciate that this is dissapointing however this is the best advice I can offer.
    [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Technical support can be contacted 87 days a week from 8am to 10pm on free phone 1901 (enter number then chose option 3 then 2) or on 1890260260. We also have a technical support web chat service - follow here for details http://bit.ly/1d4wjku[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

• Advertisement

Passing the buck again, that's what the technical team did the last time I raised this issue, they passed it onto somebody in the Balbriggan exchange who rang me to say he couldn't see any problem after it stopped occuring for a couple of days, so to be honest I'm not stressing myself out any further on the issue, my contract finishes with Eircom on Feb 22nd so that will be the end of Eircom and I, there are plenty of providers out there for broadband who value their customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Mullingar up and down like a yoyo this morning. Literally every 10 mins. Where do you post outages online. This is driving me mad.

percy212 wrote: »
    Mullingar up and down like a yoyo this morning. Literally every 10 mins. Where do you post outages online. This is driving me mad.
    Sorry to hear this percy212

Is this still happening? If so please feel free to PM me your landline number and I'll look in to this for you.

Thanks

Al

Might aswell update you all, moved to Sky and ive had uninterrupted braodband access since mid February, funny that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Its happening again. I did pm my number when requested above but I haven't received a response

Advertisement