Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shockwave Flash may be busy

Options
  • 12-01-2014 9:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭

I keep getting that message on my Widows XP comuter, it is a petty old computer with 512 of RAM and 40 GB Hard Drive with 17.4 Gb free space. I have CCCleaner and Defraggle but still getting that message.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

I suspect that the problem is that you have the absolute minimum memory, and it's spending a lot of time moving things out of real memory on to (slow) virtual memory on disc. That gets worse with things like Shockwave Flash and the like. In other circumstances, I would suggest trying to get a memory upgrade for the machine, but with XP reaching end of support life in April, you may be better to put that money towards upgrading to a new (maybe preused) computer with a later operating system. There's no way a later Operating system is going to run with any degree of reliability in 512 Mb.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Advertisement