Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who to follow for the remainder of the playoffs?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,927 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I'm sure you would and so would I , but I really fail to see why fans can't see what is right in front of them.

Harbaugh got flagged for unsportsmanlike like conduct in the panthers game.

Guy looked like he was wired to a large generating station.

In my opinion and obviously the referee's that kind of behaviour has no place in the game today.

I contribute to several other forums on American Football and the overwhelming opinion is that Harbaugh is an intensely unlikeable coach and the 9ers are an unlikeable team.

Instead of attacking me, why don't you address the issues please

Look, seriously, no hard feelings or anything, I just find it funny you keep bringing it up. My impression is that much of what he does is designed to get under opponent's skin. Judging by your reaction, it probably works. I actually find him hilarious, because he's passionate in a way that is, absolutely, a fault at times. But he's a great coach. As a bears fan, I'm well aware of his ability to antagonize...ask Mike Ditka about his, uh, play-calling... But I like the color he brings to it, if everyone in the nfl was like Bill Belichick or Marc Trestman or whoever, I probably would lose interest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

TO. wrote: »
    Some fans don't care or see a problem with it.

He should know better but hardly generalises the whole team as undisciplined.

Not abnormal to see very animated coaches throughout the game.

Well to be fair the Refs are going to bias on this as a lot of the sh1te is directed at them to begin with. So of course they will find no place for it in todays game.

So do I and a few of the forums are coaching forums also and even among coaches it seems to be a fairly even split on Harbaugh and the 49ers attitudes.

The issue of Boldin also came up on a different board I am in and it was pointed out that Boldin has always been physical and mouthy especially when when making catches all over the place.

I actually don't agree that the 49ers are as ill disciplined as been made out. I find physical teams generally get picked on more because lets face it hard hitting physical teams are more noticeable so the media and fans notice more of the so called ill discipline compared to other non hard hitting teams.

Excellent post,well put forward and addresses the issues and not the person who's opinion you don't like.

Hopefully I didn't give the impression that the whole team was "undisciplined "

hey there's 'animated' and 'animated'. Never seen anyone like Harbaugh.

Running on to the field up to the hashes surely is totally over the top.

49ers are a hard hitting team and absolutely nothing,nothing at all wrong with that .But that's the way it should stay,hit hard within the rules on the field, cut the jawing and histrionics on the sideline.

Could be 'Americas team ' if they got that combo right.

Was a big fan in the Montana era and after pity the current incumbents couldn't learn a bit from them.

Class counts in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I love watching Jim Harbaugh on the sidelines, I love his passion and his love of the game. He can't contain himself and I think it's fantastic, if I was a HC I think I'd be exactly the same. Anyone ever see the NFL ads about passionate fans? Ever see the one about the crazy Pats fan losing it watching the game on TV? That's me sometimes.:(

Look, seriously, no hard feelings or anything, I just find it funny you keep bringing it up. My impression is that much of what he does is designed to get under opponent's skin. Judging by your reaction, it probably works. I actually find him hilarious, because he's passionate in a way that is, absolutely, a fault at times. But he's a great coach. As a bears fan, I'm well aware of his ability to antagonize...ask Mike Ditka about his, uh, play-calling... But I like the color he brings to it, if everyone in the nfl was like Bill Belichick or Marc Trestman or whoever, I probably would lose interest.

No hard feeling whatsoever.

Reason I'm bringing it up is the Op asked the question.

I acknowledged Mr harbaughs coaching skills in earlier posts and admire them.

What I don't like is the behaviour on the sideline which I genuinely think most fans will agree is over the top.

If everyone in the NFL was like Coach Harbaugh! I would probably lose interest.

Opinions differ, I totally respect yours.

No hard feeling whatsoever.

Reason I'm bringing it up is the Op asked the question.

I acknowledged Mr harbaughs coaching skills in earlier posts and admire them.

What I don't like is the behaviour on the sideline which I genuinely think most fans will agree is over the top.

If everyone in the NFL was like Coach Harbaugh! I would probably lose interest.

Opinion differ, I totally respect yours.
    I should say I mentioned Belichick because, much as I'm not a fan of the pats, he runs that team in a way that I would love the bears to be run, and his behaviour is exactly what I would want from my own teams had coach (luckily Trest is incredibly classy). I just love the characters, getting hung up on him going out to the hash tags is fair enough, it was unsportsmanlike, and I'm glad it's not my head coach, but it's a brighter more fun place for Harbaugh being there.

Honestly, I think easily his greatest crime is those slacks. Unforgivable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭TO.

hey there's 'animated' and 'animated'. Never seen anyone like Harbaugh.

I have seen it across all levels of the game from High School all the way to the NFL. And as a coach am guilty of it myself.
    Running on to the field up to the hashes surely is totally over the top.

Depends on who you ask really. I have been in many discussions about it over the years and there is always a healthy split on things like this.
    49ers are a hard hitting team and absolutely nothing,nothing at all wrong with that .But that's the way it should stay,hit hard within the rules on the field, cut the jawing and histrionics on the sideline.

My point with the hard hitting reference is that most teams that are generally get noticed quicker. Look at the hard hitting teams:

Pete Carroll Seahawks - Has been animate a lot this season and vocal
    Harbaugh Brothers - Ravens and 49ers Both animate folk Jim more so than John but both have vocal hard hitting teams.
    Rex Ryan Jets - Rex has always had a hard hitting team defensively and is also a mouth piece and very vocal.
    Mike Tomlin Steelers - Tomlin and very animate guy also and has Steelers Defenses of past have been hard hitting.

Out of all the above Carroll is the only one not to get into trouble or get in the media for his actions. But havent the Seahawks been accused of stuff recently also?

Now having said all of that Bill Belichick has run down the sideline more than once this season during games and given out to the officials. Difference is he is not as animate so you don't notice it and it generally gets over looked and he is not alone.

Most coaches know when they are fired up that they really shouldn't be running down the sidelines and shouting at refs but in the heat of the moment it happens. Guys in high school and college tend to offer more apologies for their actions because lets face it they are supposed to be role models for their kids. But I wouldn't say Harbaughs actions are a lack of class to be fair to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

As a Raiders Fan I could never support the Denver Broncos or New England Patriots in the playoffs(or almost any other time), while the 49ers local rivalry in the Bay Area crosses them off the list too, so its the Seahawks for me(and yes I know they used to be AFC West rivals of the Raiders, but in this situation they are the lesser evil).

So of the remaining 4, its go hawks

I should say I mentioned Belichick because, much as I'm not a fan of the pats, he runs that team in a way that I would love the bears to be run, and his behaviour is exactly what I would want from my own teams had coach (luckily Trest is incredibly classy). I just love the characters, getting hung up on him going out to the hash tags is fair enough, it was unsportsmanlike, and I'm glad it's not my head coach, but it's a brighter more fun place for Harbaugh being there.

Honestly, I think easily his greatest crime is those slacks. Unforgivable.

You know something,I didn't want to mention it, but those slacks are totally unforgivable .

Subconsciously maybe it's those voluminous fcukers that have me worked up so much against him.

Must be a 50" waist on them.!! :eek:

Look ,I'll get help on the matter,and good luck to ALL teams in the Con finals.

I'll be tuned in.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭tehjimmeh

Hawks, but then I do live in Seattle.

The PED suspension record under Pete Carroll is bad, and I won't try to excuse it, but if you can look past it, my (biased) case for neutrals supporting the Seahawks at this point would be:
    - Only team left which has never won a Super Bowl.
    - Seattle in general has a miserable record in terms of winning major competitions, often having teams show a lot of promise and ultimately not delivering. Reminds me of being an Ireland soccer/rugby fan a lot. The Mariners have never won a World Series. The Sounders have huge support, and always make the MLS playoffs, but always fall short there. The last major competition Seattle won was the Sonics winning the NBA in 1979, and that team was ripped away in 2008. I think that a Super Bowl victory would be more meaningful and impactful to Seattle than to any other region with a team left.
    - Russel Wilson is not only a fantastic young talent, he's such a nice guy, and a class act off the field. Kaepernick is similar in terms of age and talent, but never comes across as likable to me. This, of course, might just be my bias showing.

If Seattle weren't still in, it'd be the Broncos for me, because I love Manning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

The 49ers ill-discipline is being blown out of all proportion. They averaged 6.1 flags per game this year which is bang smack in the middle (16 out of 32 teams).

As for Harbaugh, he's no worse than a lot of head coaches who get animated and do silly things given the pressures of the job and what is at stake.

In the last couple of seasons Belichick has grabbed a referee, John Fox has been fined for an outburst at the officials cited as ''bullying replacement referees'' in a memo sent out to teams after the incident to remind them of their responsibilities, Mike Tomlin has actually stepped on to the field of play in order to stop an opponent, John Harbaugh made contact with an official in the same game Belichick was punished, Rex Ryan has been fined for swearing at a fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,029 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I really like Jim Harbaugh as a QB in the NFL and liked him during his college days too but all the stuff he does on the sidelines these days is just ridiculous and I could never like a guy like that. I really don't like him at all anymore but you have to give him credit for the job he has done with the 49ers although in fairness he got a loaded team when he took over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I love watching Jim Harbaugh on the sidelines, I love his passion and his love of the game. He can't contain himself and I think it's fantastic, if I was a HC I think I'd be exactly the same. Anyone ever see the NFL ads about passionate fans? Ever see the one about the crazy Pats fan losing it watching the game on TV? That's me sometimes.:(

I think the passion he has is a negative at times on the sidelines. Sometimes he gets too into games and too in the moment and wastes challenges. Once he learns to keep himself more removed mentally from the games, he'll be an even better HC.

SantryRed wrote: »
    I think the passion he has is a negative at times on the sidelines. Sometimes he gets too into games and too in the moment and wastes challenges. Once he learns to keep himself more removed mentally from the games, he'll be an even better HC.

He is what he is and he's done a fantastic job since he became HC of the 49er's. He is going to his third NFC title game and a possible consecutive SB, so I don't really know how much better he can get tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Have a look at the team's threads here on boards to see who you will be associated with and let that guide your decision.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭BKWDR

eagle eye wrote: »
    I really like Jim Harbaugh as a QB in the NFL and liked him during his college days too but all the stuff he does on the sidelines these days is just ridiculous and I could never like a guy like that. I really don't like him at all anymore but you have to give him credit for the job he has done with the 49ers although in fairness he got a loaded team when he took over.

I like his passion when it comes out but he just goes over the top so much and gets animated like a child on stupid calls, kinda makes you forget how good he is at times.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Trying to speak objectively, i think the biggest story would be Peyton getting his second ring at 37 after 4 neck surgeries. It would be nice to see an historical season culminate in a Superbowl win too. I always thought it was a shame that the 16-0 Patriots, with their record setting year couldn't cap it with a Superbowl win.

That said, what the Patriots have done this year is amazing - you always expect them to be there or thereabouts every year, but this year has been unreal, even for them. If the Broncos can't win it, I tend to pull for the AFC representative in the SB.

I don't like the 49ers attitude on the field, they were called out on it a little bit in the divisional round, and it all stems from the HC. I wouldn't mind the Seahawks winning it, they'd be first time winners, and I like Russell Wilson. They have probably been the most consistent team in the NFL this year and have a nice balance between run and pass, Offense and Defense.

Throughout the Season it seems there is a media bias towards the NFC-based teams. I'm not sure if it's the FOX effect, or an historical thing (more nfc teams are storied franchises) or an east coast thing, but they seem to get more talk time, plaudits and generally ranked higher than AFC teams.

poldebruin wrote: »
    Throughout the Season it seems there is a media bias towards the NFC-based teams. I'm not sure if it's the FOX effect, or an historical thing (more nfc teams are storied franchises) or an east coast thing, but they seem to get more talk time, plaudits and generally ranked higher than AFC teams.

I can kind of see where you're coming from with this in terms of the league as a whole, but seriously, the media never shuts up about the Broncos (since Manning arrived) and the Patriots (since I can remember), to an extent that your point loses credibility somewhat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I don't like the 49ers attitude on the field, they were called out on it a little bit in the divisional round, and it all stems from the HC.

OK, I'll bite. Can you expand on the above bit, I'm a bit confused by this "on field attitude" everyone is going on about.

I can kind of see where you're coming from with this in terms of the league as a whole, but seriously, the media never shuts up about the Broncos (since Manning arrived) and the Patriots (since I can remember), to an extent that your point loses credibility somewhat.

Yes, but as you mention yourself, it is since Manning arrived. The patriots are frequently in Championship games, so talking about them is unavoidable.

In the NFC you have all 4 NFC east teams getting huge coverage (they are the oldest franchises and located in huge markets) You will always see coverage of the Bears and Packers no matter if they win or lose. The Seahawks, 49ers, Panthers and Saints also seem to get more than their fair share. It may be that Sky are affiliated with FOX, and as FOX has the contract to show NFC games they have to "big up" the teams they broadcast.

adrian522 wrote: »
    OK, I'll bite. Can you expand on the above bit, I'm a bit confused by this "on field attitude" everyone is going on about.

it's straightforward. They seem to be hyper aggressive, argue every call, jaw after every play, and Kaepernick aping Newtons celebration was bs too. I take it you agree with the point about the Harbaugh's antics though?

• Advertisement

Kaepernick aping Newtons celebration was bs too.

Uh, you know Cam had done Kaep's celebration before, and he was simply returning the favour?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

it's straightforward. They seem to be hyper aggressive, argue every call, jaw after every play, and Kaepernick aping Newtons celebration was bs too. I take it you agree with the point about the Harbaugh's antics though?

I don't but I consider a large amount of the posts on it to be trolling so I've ignored it.

I disagree with your comments about being "hyper aggressive, arguing every call and jaw after every play"

Can you post some examples? Preferably not just from the last game.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭jman0war

Have to admit I haven't been able to actually watch a full game this season.

But when I see highlights of the Seahawks I just get that feeling there might be that lustre of "destiny" about them this year.

I don't but I consider a large amount of the posts on it to be trolling so I've ignored it.

I disagree with your comments about being "hyper aggressive, arguing every call and jaw after every play"

Can you post some examples? Preferably not just from the last game.

Thanks.

Nope, I won't be trawling over records of old games. Suffice to say the divisional game was not atypical of a 49ers game. They led the league in unsportsmanlike conduct penalties (more than 3 times the league average) and were top 10 in unnecessary roughness. I don't think it's controversial to be pointing this out, it's fairly cut and dried when you watch the games.

I don't think pointing out Harbaugh's, frequently childish, behaviour is trolling, It is clear, influences his team and the officials and reflects badly on the organisation. I do think he's a very good coach though.

Uh, you know Cam had done Kaep's celebration before, and he was simply returning the favour?

No I did not. Well now I have some context, but both are guilty of BS in that case rather than Kaepernick by himself.

Again, some people may like it, or think he's one-upping the other, I've just never liked that sort of thing.

No I did not. Well now I have some context, but both are guilty of BS in that case rather than Kaepernick by himself.

Again, some people may like it, or think he's one-upping the other, I've just never liked that sort of thing.

I just think that kind of showboating is so endemic in the NFL that singling out one team for it, or using it as a stick with which to beat one team, is a little disingenuous.

I just think that kind of showboating is so endemic in the NFL that singling out one team for it, or using it as a stick with which to beat one team, is a little disingenuous.

I don't mean to single them out - they are probably not the worst for it, but they are still standing in the playoffs so I mentioned it in association with them and who to support the rest of the way as a neutral.

You are right about the NFL - let's celebrate anything and every thing though. A tackle for a two yard gain.....celebrate like you have secured a game winning safety! Again, some like it, I just think it goes over the top some times.

Nope, I won't be trawling over records of old games. Suffice to say the divisional game was not atypical of a 49ers game. They led the league in unsportsmanlike conduct penalties (more than 3 times the league average) and were top 10 in unnecessary roughness. I don't think it's controversial to be pointing this out, it's fairly cut and dried when you watch the games.

I don't think pointing out Harbaugh's, frequently childish, behaviour is trolling, It is clear, influences his team and the officials and reflects badly on the organisation. I do think he's a very good coach though.

So no examples. Got it.

I assume you think the same of every coach who argues with officials when calls
    go against him.

I'm not sure it's clear that it influences officials, can you back that up either?

Not sure what you mean by influences his team? That's what a coach is supposed to do.

It also absolutely does not reflect badly on the organisation to have a coach showing emotion on the sideline.

So no examples. Got it.

No, I went one better and gave you the official league statistic. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that they league the league in penalties for the exact thing I'm accusing them of.

• Advertisement

wow 6 whole penalties in 18 games. That's put me in my place.

Also I can't agree with the Jawing after every play jibe. I only saw this from Boldin, and only as a reaction to the way the Carolina players were behaving in that game. And Boldin has been like that his whole career, not something he picked up in California.

Other than that I don't think I've seen much of that from 49er players this season, unless you'd like to enlighten me.

I assume you think the same of every coach who argues with officials when calls
    go against him.

When they go over the top and to the extremes Harbaugh does, then yes, I do think that.
    I'm not sure it's clear that it influences officials, can you back that up either?

It would be difficult if not impossible to measure it, but you'd have to think screaming at the officials and showing such disrespect does not wear on them throughout a game. All coaches do it to some extent, I just feel he goes ott.
    INot sure what you mean by influences his team? That's what a coach is supposed to do.

When players see their coach disrespecting officials and jawing that's a green light for them to do the same. I would agree that the team is built in his image, yes.
    It also absolutely does not reflect badly on the organisation to have a coach showing emotion on the sideline.

i think what he does goes way beyond "emotion". I think it does reflect badly and he would be more respected if he dialled it back a bit.

wow 6 whole penalties in 18 games.
    ...the league average is less than 2 per team. SF were responsible for 10% of the entire league's unsportsmanlike penalties.
    That's put me in my place.

....in regards to this particular argument, I think it does, yes.

Also I can't agree with the Jawing after every play jibe. I only saw this from Boldin, and only as a reaction to the way the Carolina players were behaving in that game. And Boldin has been like that his whole career, not something he picked up in California.

Other than that I don't think I've seen much of that from 49er players this season, unless you'd like to enlighten me.

what do you mean...enlighten you? You want me to look through old 49ers games and pick out multiple pays where they jaw after the play and then compare it to the league average?

Why don't you just look at the games going forward. Maybe now that it has been pointed out you will notice it more.

what do you mean...enlighten you? You want me to look through old 49ers games and pick out multiple pays where they jaw after the play and then compare it to the league average?

I mean point me out some examples of this because I don't believe this to be a problem for the 49ers, I don't think they are among the leagues worst for this and other than Boldin (who has been doing that for a long time) I can't think of any other player that does this, so some examples please. Given it happens "after every play" you should be able to look at any 49ers play and give me these examples.
    Why don't you just look at the games going forward. Maybe now that it has been pointed out you will notice it more.

Because I can't look into the future, please point out where this has happened in the past.
    ...the league average is less than 2 per team. SF were responsible for 10% of the entire league's unsportsmanlike penalties.

Firstly these penalties are pretty arbitrary on when they are called. The 49ers have also played 2 more games than most other teams so just comparing the overall totals is not comparing like with like

If you point out particular penalties where you think the 49ers were out of order be my guest but as the 49ers are not among the teams committing the most penalties I don't think there is any issue there.

6 over the course of 18 games does not show to me that the 49ers are "jawing after every play" in fact on average penalties per game the 49ers would not be top.
    ....in regards to this particular argument, I think it does, yes.

As above, not really.
    wrote:
    When they go over the top and to the extremes Harbaugh does, then yes, I do think that.

So at least you are agreeing that getting animated on the sideline isn't confined to SF. Just wondering why all the hate?

It would be difficult if not impossible to measure it, but you'd have to think screaming at the officials and showing such disrespect does not wear on them throughout a game. All coaches do it to some extent, I just feel he goes ott.

If it's impossible then don't throw out statements you cant back up. I agree all coaches do it, so again not understanding the hate for JH.

When players see their coach disrespecting officials and jawing that's a green light for them to do the same. I would agree that the team is built in his image, yes.

But as I've posted already the players don't "do the same" as a general rule, if you can show otherwise fair enough, for the moment I think you've had an overreaction to one game.
    i think what he does goes way beyond "emotion". I think it does reflect badly and he would be more respected if he dialled it back a bit.

Fair enough, that's your opinion, mine is that the league would be a more boring place with coaches like the JH.

I also find it amusing that you are singling out the 49ers for this when the team that has Richard Sherman and Golden Tate on their roster is still alive in the playoffs.

Harbaugh seems brash and sometimes that can spill into appearing like an asshole.

It's a very minor issue, he's successful and that's what matters.

In fact I wish he could teach some of it to Mike McCarthy.

That was a revelation to me, because I slated Kapernick in the thread for what he did afterwards. I really put me off him tbh. Then one of the lads put up the Gif of cam copying Kaep earlier in the season and it changed my perception of him entirely.Yes it would have been better for him not to do it, but human nature being what it is, he obviously just wanted to return the compliment.

I don't think that was Cam though. Cam wears number 1, that image was number 21.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bdzp3EDCQAAIlWS.png

• Advertisement

I don't think that was Cam though. Cam wears number 1, that image was number 21.

Then while he was still returning the favor it's just a lack of class. Honestly can they not just play the game? If someone cured cancer they wouldn't show boat like this, let alone catch/throw a football.

Will be interesting to watch the antics in the weekend games.

Crap you're spot on and I just found this...
    Later in the game, Panthers safety Mike Mitchell blitzed Kaepernick, sacked the 49ers quarterback and accentuated the key defensive play with a swift kiss to the biceps.
    http://www.49ers.com/news/article-3/NDZ-x-Kaepernicking-x-Superman-x-Playoffs/f03a2e90-ae14-426d-bf15-c76e9502f2e9

That's not the same as Cam mocking him though. So now I'm leaning back towards Kaepernick being a bollocks for doing it again.:(

It happens a lot to be fair, there was a stage where everyone who sacked Rodgers did his championship belt thing. I'd prefer it didn't happen but you try to "copyright" a celebration you need to be prepared for this sort of thing.

As for Kaepernick I'd prefer he didn't do it, it shows a lack of maturity.

As for this weekends game if people thought the Carolina game was chippy and a lot of talking and "extra curricular" going on it was nothing compared to what we will see Sunday night.

I'm not sure if they will match up but Boldin v Sherman would be very interesting to say the least.

The jawing at one another actually isn't something that bothers me. Partly, I guess, because we can't actually hear it, but let's face it, we watch the games because they are aggressive, competitive players clashing, and bad tempered games are extremely entertaining. The NFC championship game will be great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭buzzinfly83

I personally love all the showboating and drama. I think it adds to the excitement. I don't really get why people get so bothered by it.

Generally it's the games with all the antics that get people talking and add more interest surrounding the sport. Give me that over the diving and rolling around the ground pretending to be injured that u get in soccer anyday.

In saying that I'm a big niners fan so u could say I'm biased but honestly I feel the same way when it's other teams players/coaches that are involved.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if they will match up but Boldin v Sherman would be very interesting to say the least.

I'm really hoping Boldin just steam rolls through machine gun mouth.

I'm really hoping Boldin just steam rolls through machine gun mouth.

So am I, but something tells me Boldin wouldn't be exactly a model of sportsmanship in that situation himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

When we see the showboating I always think back to the great Barry Saunders (& John Riggins) scoring some of the greatest touchdowns in history - hands the ball to the referee and runs back to the bench... Class...

As Riggins puts it - "Act like you've been there before"

When we see the showboating I always think back to the great Barry Saunders (& John Riggins) scoring some of the greatest touchdowns in history - hands the ball to the referee and runs back to the bench... Class...

As Riggins puts it - "Act like you've been there before"

Aah innish,as some dude put it"there are none so blind as those who will not see "
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

I love all the showboating and gamesmanship. I think it's great fun seeing players get wound up, get in each others faces and generally not like each other while on the field, love the drama of it all.
    I'm hoping eventually we'll get a few WWE-style promos before and after games, complete with heel turns and catchphrases. Like when the face-of-the-NFL Peyton Manning told people who questioned his playing in the cold and playoffs to "shove that one where the sun don't shine".
    BOOOOOO! HISSS! *crowd rains rubbish onto the playing field*
    "Why Peyton, why?!"
    /Jim Ross

:p

• Advertisement
Advertisement