Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who to follow for the remainder of the playoffs?

13»

Comments

A little of it is always good, when someone wants to celebrate and enjoy himself go for it.

But when someone's first thought is to rub someone else's nose in it or score some point, I'd say they should be told to let it go and move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Hate this idea that players in any sport shouldn't celebrate. As long as it's not some sort of taunting or goes on forever I'm fine with it. Scoring a TD is meant to be a good feeling. The only thing that annoys me is if someone gets a first down sack and does this big dance, I'm just there thinking get back in the huddle you've still got 2 more downs to stop them on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

matthew8 wrote: »
    Hate this idea that players in any sport shouldn't celebrate. As long as it's not some sort of taunting or goes on forever I'm fine with it. Scoring a TD is meant to be a good feeling. The only thing that annoys me is if someone gets a first down sack and does this big dance, I'm just there thinking get back in the huddle you've still got 2 more downs to stop them on.

I totally agree with you. When a guy makes a sack play and then milks the celebration. I'm always like "Dude, isn't that what you're paid to do? What's the big deal? Aren't you only doing your job."

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Two Girls One Klopp

Nah Barry Sanders had the best celebration. Hand the ball to the umpire and make your way back to the bench. "Always look like its not your first time there.."

What a class act he was..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I totally agree with you. When a guy makes a sack play and then milks the celebration. I'm always like "Dude, isn't that what you're paid to do? What's the big deal? Aren't you only doing your job."

Hate when guys celebrate madly when their team is 25 points down. Dude come on, you are getting blown out here, show the fans some respect.

but nobody says anything when an offensive player scores a td thats not fair

Nah Barry Sanders had the best celebration. Hand the ball to the umpire and make your way back to the bench. "Always look like its not your first time there.."

What a class act he was..

i found chad johonson/t.os celebrations very entertaining

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Innish_Rebel

I am not saying that players shouldn't celebrate - go for it... Just feel Sanders just oozed class with his move.

But I do agree it should be someone celebrating - not belittling their opponents.

We always hear about not being a bad loser - yes I totally agree, but moreso I dislike bad winners --- Sherman... I like the seahawks, great to see defense's still able to win games, should be a great superbowl, but as a role model for kids... No thank you...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Some of these players could do with meeting Roy Keane. I remember him recently being highly insulted over praise of his finest performance saying that it was "like praising the postman for delivering your letters"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

heyjude wrote: »
    As a Raiders Fan I could never support the Denver Broncos or New England Patriots in the playoffs(or almost any other time), while the 49ers local rivalry in the Bay Area crosses them off the list too, so its the Seahawks for me(and yes I know they used to be AFC West rivals of the Raiders, but in this situation they are the lesser evil).

So of the remaining 4, its go hawks

Delighted with how last nights game went and well done to the Seahawks for showing yet again that defence wins championships.

• Advertisement
Advertisement