Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cafe with Comedy?

Options
  • 12-01-2014 10:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Looking for a cafe which is open on weekend evenings and does some comedy or acoustic sets which can chill and have a few coffees at. Something similar to Accents coffee shop which has comedy but only on last Sunday of the month.

Basically trying to cut down on the alcohol and like coffee so would like to do something like this in non alcoholic place.

Any ideas?

Chris

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved to Dublin City.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

I like this idea.

I was not aware that Accents did that.

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I do a bit of stand-up myself but I'm pretty sure Accents is the only coffee shop in the city that does stand-up on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

I do a bit of stand-up myself but I'm pretty sure Accents is the only coffee shop in the city that does stand-up on a regular basis.

Thats a pity as would have thought would be some interest for this, perhaps I am wrong.

Anyone know about Acoustic sets in coffee shops then?

chris85 wrote: »
    Thats a pity as would have thought would be some interest for this, perhaps I am wrong.

I think the problem is that there's not too many late night coffee shops in the city and stand-up earlier in the day doesn't seem to be a thing that people go for. On top of that, people find it hard to keep comedy nights going (lots start up and shut down every year) so it's a hard sell when you take the chance of a pint out of the equation too.

• Advertisement

I think the problem is that there's not too many late night coffee shops in the city and stand-up earlier in the day doesn't seem to be a thing that people go for. On top of that, people find it hard to keep comedy nights going (lots start up and shut down every year) so it's a hard sell when you take the chance of a pint out of the equation too.

Yeah fair enough I guess. Wouldnt normally grab a late coffee myself but if on the weekend would like option to chill with a coffee instead at a later venue.

These guys might be someone to follow for acoustic sets in coffee shops:

https://www.facebook.com/CoffeeandChords
    https://twitter.com/CoffeeandChords

They seem to be on a break at the moment but maybe get in touch with them and see if they're coming back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

The Exchange in Temple Bar sometimes have events.

Cornucopia on Wicklow St have live music on Thurs, Fri & Saturday nights.

Not aware of too many places that have stuff on weekend evenings.

It's not comedy or live music but The Lighthouse in Smithfield seem to have film themed parties that look like fun.

These guys might be someone to follow for acoustic sets in coffee shops:

https://www.facebook.com/CoffeeandChords
    https://twitter.com/CoffeeandChords

They seem to be on a break at the moment but maybe get in touch with them and see if they're coming back soon.
    Laneyh wrote: »
    The Exchange in Temple Bar sometimes have events.

Cornucopia on Wicklow St have live music on Thurs, Fri & Saturday nights.

Not aware of too many places that have stuff on weekend evenings.

It's not comedy or live music but The Lighthouse in Smithfield seem to have film themed parties that look like fun.

Cheers for that all, will check out options.

Advertisement