Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am I going crazey?

• 12-01-2014 10:39pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Because of a recent post, I looked up the Grant 2004 manual for the 50/90 modular burner and this is what I see.

288528.jpg
    There has to be something wrong with the settings for the firing ranges highlighted. How are they getting increased output by using the same nozzle at same (in 1 instance) and lower pressure (in other instance)?

Please follow site and charter rules. "Resistance is futile"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

yes, crazey is spelt crazy,manual appears to be wrong in the bar pressure column,so not crazy

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,323 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wearb

agusta wrote: »
    yes, crazey is spelt crazy,manual appears to be wrong in the bar pressure column,so not crazy
    Is it rong in the pump pressure or the nozzle size?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭jimf

id say your wight its wong

Wearb wrote: »
    Because of a recent post, I looked up the Grant 2004 manual for the 50/90 modular burner and this is what I see.

288528.jpg
    There has to be something wrong with the settings for the firing ranges highlighted. How are they getting increased output by using the same nozzle at same (in 1 instance) and lower pressure (in other instance)?

based on the utility and boilerhouse models they should read
    7bar 9bar 7bar and 9.5bar according to my bible

jimf wrote: »
    based on the utility and boilerhouse models they should read
    7bar 9bar 7bar and 9.5bar according to my bible

The reason that I thought it might be incorrect nozzle listed is because the kg colum seems like it might be giving correct rate.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

This was on an old 2004 manual for the standard 50/90 Outdoor Module, and was a printers error.
    Find the correct settings here

288844.jpg

WTF, Grant 70/90 with 50/70 baffles. I assume it is a 50-70 boiler (both labels say 70-90) unless the baffles are interchangeable and just happen to be fitted by mistake.
    Which boiler was I servicing???

288882.jpg

288884.jpg

Must be my week for Grant anomalies :(:(

do grant do a 50/70 multipass I could be wrong I thought they started at 70/90 ???

do grant do a 50/70 multipass I could be wrong I thought they started at 70/90 ???
    Its listed on the manual anyway Jim, and the baffles on the one I was working on are the type listed for the 50-70. How am I to set it up with such contradictions.
    In the end, I hedged my bets and set it up for the lowest firing rate for the 70-90, which is near enough the same configuration as the highest rate for the 50-70.

your having great fun this week just checked manual I have doc022 rev9 jan 05 no listing for mp 50/70 they start at 70/90 jaysus this gets better by the day

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

your having great fun this week just checked manual I have doc022 rev9 jan 05 no listing for mp 50/70 they start at 70/90 jaysus this gets better by the day

Always nice to keep upto date... :-)

shane0007 wrote: »
    Always nice to keep upto date... :-)

sounds like I need to so shane :eek:

Even some Mods are known to say "keeping upto date is a beautiful thing...."

Even some Mods are known to say "keeping upto date is a beautiful thing...."

funny thing about the manuals I have I got them all from grant about 2 1/2 years ago

so its time for an update me thinks

Think that's bad, look at the Vokera Mynute manual section for LPG and calculate the gross input from the gas rate listed

Just checked their website and they don't even have the one you have on there, only the 04 one. F in great and I still don't know which one I was working on.

Just checked their website and they don't even have the one you have on there, only the 04 one. F in great and I still don't know which one I was working on.

what manual do u have

but as shane says its good to keep up to date its only when you come across 1 of these boilers these issues start high lighting themselves

what manual do u have

but as shane says its good to keep up to date its only when you come across 1 of these boilers these issues start high lighting themselves

Part No. DOC 02 Rev.12 October 2004

I regularly check manufacturers sites for updates, but that is the newest I could find.
    How else do you keep up to date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭kscobie

Your on the ball jimf, that is a 70/90 Multipass, there was a 50/70 Euroflame alright

kscobie wrote: »
    Your on the ball jimf, that is a 70/90 Multipass, there was a 50/70 Euroflame alright

Well they are on two versions of intallation manuals and they certainly made baffles for them, see photo. How do you explain that?:confused:

• Advertisement

Well they are on two versions of intallation manuals and they certainly made baffles for them, see photo. How do you explain that?:confused:

Maybe Scudo built those ones.
    Any sign of any biscuit tins behind them?
    ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

The baffles in your image look like they are same baffles in the grant 50/70 utility/kitchen model.My thinking is there probally is very little difference[in operation] between these baffles and the baffles shown in the manual for the 70/90 boiler house model

;-)

They were stamped USA. I could find no reference to that in the MI. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 257 ✭✭kscobie

All the Multipass baffles are removed from the front, as they have water jackets down the middle, the Euroflames baffles come out the top, I never seen a 50/70 Multipass, did you ring Grant ?

agusta wrote: »
    The baffles in your image look like they are same baffles in the grant 50/70 utility/kitchen model.My thinking is there probally is very little difference[in operation] between these baffles and the baffles shown in the manual for the 70/90 boiler house model

I don't see the similarities between the two, but could have looked at the wrong image on the PDF

kscobie wrote: »
    All the Multipass baffles are removed from the front, as they have water jackets down the middle, the Euroflames baffles come out the top, I never seen a 50/70 Multipass, did you ring Grant ?

Emailed them. They have someone here on Boards that will (maybe has) commented on it.

;-)

your not up to date shane they only work with warmflow :p

your not up to date shane they only work with warmflow :p

I know, sorry.
    It's was the USA that threw me (Under Scudo's Authority).

Wearb, it was me who commented on their behalf (they rang me) and asked that I posted the correct setup info page that I did.

They also commented that currently all manuals (including discontinued products) are in process of being rewritten for the website.
    (no I don't work for Grant, just know the lads their well)

Always though USA was Under Shane's Authority

I find lots of manufacturer's instructions have discrepancies, have come across so many (even more on gas)

• Advertisement

DGOBS wrote: »
    Wearb, it was me who commented on their behalf (they rang me) and asked that I posted the correct setup info page that I did.

They also commented that currently all manuals (including discontinued products) are in process of being rewritten for the website.
    (no I don't work for Grant, just know the lads their well)

Always though USA was Under Shane's Authority

I find lots of manufacturer's instructions have discrepancies, have come across so many (even more on gas)

Thanks Dgobs. Did they ask you to comment on the multipass 70-90 with 50-70 baffles?

I think Shane and Scudo are in cahoots and sometimes just put on a belligerent front here :)

I suppose it's too much to expect manufactures to provide a web page to announce those corrections. Even though it would be very useful, they would fear it would undermine confidence.

Sorry, I was speaking to them before you poster re the baffles.
    I'll ask them to have a look when I get a chance

Advertisement