Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2013/14

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Jesus Christ.

There is a team writing the story for themselves. The difference between 5th and 4th, hangs on nights like this. One step closer, and a little more of my pessimism disappears. We have fightback again.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

At 1 down and at 2-1 down it was a very strange feeling to feel quite confident that we were still going to win..... this was a very big 3 points, get the fúck in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

suarez_celeb_mancs.gif
    suarez_celeb_mancs.gif
    suarez_celeb_mancs.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

4 points off 1st, 11 ahead of Utd, but slightly worryingly only 3 ahead of Spurs

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭gugsy

Liverpool of old would have drawn if not lost that game. They didnt play all to great imo but they got the 3 points we badly needed and with spurs on our heals we need all the points we can get. Whatever about Stevie G being poorer and no legs. He can sure take a penalty, he has not missed one this season so far. well done lads YNWA :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭Thud

To quote some old b****x, that was squeaky bum time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

The champions elect played like a 7th placed team at times but showed why they are champions elect.
    tumblr_mq6gtw8BV31qfe3n9o2_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭billy2012

Amazing. We fully deserved the 3 points. Vital considering Spurs won.

Great to see Texeira looking so confident on his debut, very tough night to make it and he did excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭jamaamaj

Ok, who's nerves are gone after that.? :D

Step forward Sir Steven George Gerrard, you absolute legend for keeping our dreams alive.

Time for a stiff drink after that..wow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Did I mention I backed Fulham to win that? Lost my euro but I knew it would work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

We need a shiny new thread to celebrate.

IS MOTD on tonight??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    At 1 down and at 2-1 down it was a very strange feeling to feel quite confident that we were still going to win..... this was a very big 3 points, get the fúck in.

Massive night, coming back from that brain freeze moment by Skrtel. That's character and team spirit!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Best win at craven cottage since that late Yossi winner in 08/09 :cool: ****ing delighted with that win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

mike65 wrote: »
    Sure it was never in doubt.

Chelsea 26+27 57
    Arsenal 26 +22 56
    Man City 25 +41 54
    Liverpool 26 +34 53
    /pedant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I can't wait for BNMC's review of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

billy2012 wrote: »
    IS MOTD on tonight??

bbc1 11.40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Gerrard & Suarez were different class in 2nd half,got the game by the scruff & dug deep,well done lads now im going to get a can of liquid refreshment to celebrate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

<----

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭gugsy

billy2012 wrote: »
    IS MOTD on tonight??

yes 23.40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Can't take too many more nights like that. Kolo Toure will be the death of me. Huge 3 points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

bbc1 11.40

10.40 on BBC 1 HD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Just incase anyone missed it in the match thread.
    Liam O wrote: »
    Hahahahahaha!
    BNMC wrote: »
    Anyone have the score?
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yeah, the score is Justice. The score is us being 11 points ahead of you in the league. The score is the sound of tables being turned. The score is you should ice up son. That's the ****ing score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭aramush

These are the kind of results the top teams dig out!! Massive win for us, enjoy the buzz of it lads :D

COME ON YOU REDS!!

Guess that means I'm on match threads :D

Great win, over the moon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

it's on sky sports now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

super result. kolo make way for daniel agger, you need a rest old man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

K-9 wrote: »
    Massive night, coming back from that brain freeze moment by Skrtel. That's character and team spirit!

Not sure I'd agree. He couldn't do much else and I'd agree with him that Mig should have come for it, it was only 2 yards out. Toure on the other hand :eek:

Brevity said it though, aged 10 years watching it. PHEW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I can't wait for BNMC's review of the match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,710 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Yossi-Benayoun---Liverpoo-001.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

mike65 wrote: »
    Did I mention I backed Fulham to win that? Lost my euro but I knew it would work.

I stuck a 10er on them at 5/2 when they scored.

Aint had many winners on the gee gee's lately so chanced me arm hoping it would carry across into the footie. Worked a treat.

You're welcome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 366 ✭✭sh__93

My housemates came running into my room when that pen went in. They said it sounded like I'd been stabbed.

I FU*KING LOVE THIS TEAM!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Looks like we'll be relying the home support to motivate the team since Rodgers seems incapable of it.

What is this ****, seriously?

Away games in the PL are difficult for even the best teams. Look how City struggle on the road, Chelsea have been hopeless countless times this season away from home. The slight difference between us and those 3 teams above us is that they have that bit more quality in most areas of the pitch, and that bit more experience.

Just because the team don't come out and play like they did against Arsenal doesn't mean the manager isn't motivating them.

We have more points this season already than the team Rodgers inherited got in 11/12. And there are 12 games left. He is doing something right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,790 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

4 points off 1st, 11 ahead of Utd, but slightly worryingly only 3 ahead of Spurs
    Effectively 12 points ahead of United with the goal difference being so good. I think tonight has effectively sealed their CL hopes. Even if we somehow fook up, I don't think Spurs will too.

Bloody hell.

What a night.

Great comeback and lovely to get a late win like that.

Coming back like that reminds me of Fergie's Utd in its heyday.

This win will be a massive boost and the manner of it should fill them full of a never say die/beaten attitude.

Great to have at this stage of the season.

We still need to sort our defence out though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Only got to see the second half. What a win. Massive 3 points lads. Delighted.

I used to be like this

Fassbender-400-x-300.jpg

but I'm now wearing the Liverpool supporters look

grumpy_old_man_by_rufusedge-d4kqg3h.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Gary Lineker ‏@GaryLineker 4m

Gerrard clinches win and first spot on #MOTD New/ Tot 2nd, then Ars/ManU and Sto/Swa, followed by last night's games. BBC1 at 10.40
    First up again!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Do not ****ing underestimate the boost an ugly win like that away from home with a piss poor leaky backline can do for confidence.

Brendan Rodgers & Colin Pascoe (unsung hero) have this limited squad humming, and maxed out.

Jaysis just imagine what we would be like with a solid backline.

John W must realise that now and invest to push us over the line to re-establishing LFC as not just a power house in the PL but across Europe.

WE HAVE THE RIGHT MANANGER just now give him the tools he requires and no more letting him down.

we are so near but yet so far.

YNWA

My heart is still pounding after that!! :)

• Advertisement

Also to think that people here were calling for Gerrard to be dropped.

That man is vital to this team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

11 points clear of Man U so there are out of the CL places now

We have more points this season already than the team Rodgers inherited got in 11/12. And there are 12 games left. He is doing something right.

READ THIS BIT OFTEN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

murpho999 wrote: »
    10.40 on BBC 1 HD

Is that on UPC?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

Effectively 12 points ahead of United with the goal difference being so good. I think tonight has effectively sealed their CL hopes. Even if we somehow fook up, I don't think Spurs will too.[/QUOTE

A utd friend of mine says if Utd win the CL they will deny 4th place a spot in the CL next season? Please someone tell me that isnt true? I know if unlikely but this season you just dont know what the feck is going to happen

djPSB wrote: »
    Is that on UPC?

I don't know, why don't you look?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

_72937096_021060342-1.jpg

2003/2004 all over again, gerrard drags us kicking and screaming back into the european cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Daniel-Sturridge-dance.gif

Credit to Sturridge for winning the penalty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

My match was probably about two minutes behind and I was checking livescores.com but there was no sign of Gerrards penalty, I feared the worse.

That result may turn out to be very significant in this CL push.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Honestly thought I was going to have a heart attack at the end of that.

We dominated that match and deserved nothing less than the win, Fulham barely looked they wanted to leave there own half, though it says a lot about our defense that I thought they'd score everytime they got it in the box.

Great win, 4 points off the top, confidence must be sky high in the team now, look at Gerrards celebration. Legend.

I need a drink.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement