Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nightlife in Dublin - Mid week

Options
  • 12-01-2014 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi guys, going to Dublin for a couple of days(Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday in the next couple of weeks) and wondering what are the best bars, pubs and clubs for the mid week drinker. I'm 31, not too pushed about price, just want somewhere lively. Any advice or links to other threads would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Temple Bar, and Flannery's, Wexford St, and Copper Face Jacks, Harcourt St

• Registered Users Posts: 14,466 ✭✭✭✭cson

There'll be nothing happening in January. Might get a few College nights out with them back the end of the month but it'd quiet enough I'd imagine. Definitely until 12/1am anyway.

As always; Harcourt St and the Camden St/Wexford St corridor are your best bets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭Dickie10

when do civil servants get paid? is it last thurs in the month or first thurs in month? usually all nurses, guards etc finish work on sun night, lie in on Monday and head on the beer Monday night. the w.end they get paid on the Monday night is usally a great night, just need to know the w.end their paid!!

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Hi guys, going to Dublin for a couple of days(Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday in the next couple of weeks) and wondering what are the best bars, pubs and clubs for the mid week drinker. I'm 31, not too pushed about price, just want somewhere lively. Any advice or links to other threads would be appreciated.

Tuesdays:
    Doyles have The Ruby Sessions http://www.doylesintown.com/events/ruby-sessions

Diceys tends to be packed its €3 for pints and €3 for burgers in the Dicey's Garden bit.
    Music tends to be Eurodance type of stuff. The crowd are mostly foreign - English language students or possibly people who work shift work.
    There's a fairly broad age range.

Not sure about Weds I think there are a number of student oriented nights on Weds.
    You'd probably find a few out around Wexford St - Camden St or Harcourt St

There are a group that have a games night in MacTurcaills which gets an alright crowd. Drinks are cheap €3.50 pints

Thurs:
    O'Reillys at Tara St station have live music, drinks deals and would be reasonably busy between Trinity students and after work tipplers.

Places like Cassidys on Westmoreland St and JW Sweetman on the Quays tend to be busy most nights.

Temple Bar would be busy most evenings but drink prices are a bit much
    and it is very much geared towards tourists so it depends what you're into.
    You can get some good musicians in places like The Merchants Arch so it's not all bad.

It's always worth popping into Whelans to see if there's anything on.

I think The International bar might have comedy on a Weds.

There's a site call dublin sessions or something like that which gives you a breakdown of pubs with music by day of the week

hope this helps

Advertisement