Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlander [Starz]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

• Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

chick lit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I loved the first 4 books, started the 5th and never finished it, really didn't like it when they moved to America and got caught up in the civil war there etc. my mum has read them all.

I'll watch this but that's not what i imagined either Jamie or Claire to look like.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The leading lady is from Monaghan the Irish are doing well on US series at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The leading lady is from Monaghan the Irish are doing well on US series at the moment.

Took me a while to recognise her face/name. She was in a weirdly fascinating web series called H+ last year. Worth a look.

• Advertisement

reminder, the pilot is available on the usu source

I watched this last night. I enjoyed it and am warming to both Claire & Jamie who when i first saw the promos were not how i expected them to be. The scenery looks amazing as are the sets. I thought it was a little slow initially but need to remind myself this is a series, not a 2hr movie! It is sticking closley to the book, with even a lot of lines from the book in the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Bear McCreary + Scottish music = heaven.

His work on BSG was godly.
    That series had an amazing rugged outdoor look when it was on planets.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,143 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Tobias Menzies is great so far, loved him in Rome and Game of Thrones.

3 episodes in, beginning to like it :)

Have you read the books? I've just finished re-reading books 1 - 3. So far it is keeping close to the book, although I don't recall the bit about the boy and the exorcism and Claire's treatment of him in the book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,926 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Adamantium wrote: »
    Bear McCreary + Scottish music = heaven.

His work on BSG was godly.
    That series had an amazing rugged outdoor look when it was on planets.

meh not as good as his black Black Sails one

mel.b wrote: »
    Have you read the books? I've just finished re-reading books 1 - 3. So far it is keeping close to the book, although I don't recall the bit about the boy and the exorcism and Claire's treatment of him in the book.

haven't read the books ;

can spoil a bit on
    episode 2, she was in coma after the car accident, so is it in her mind that all those time travelling occur or she really time travelling physically ?

episode 3, are there other time travelers during that period based on the song sang when Jamie explained to Claire with similar happening as Claire

finally, what her chance of returning since in episode 1 Frank spotted someone mysteriously peeping at their room at the opp building & disappeared strangely as Frank tried to approach that stranger

mafaa wrote: »
    haven't read the books ;

can spoil a bit on
    episode 2, she was in coma after the car accident, so is it in her mind that all those time travelling occur or she really time travelling physically ?

episode 3, are there other time travelers during that period based on the song sang when Jamie explained to Claire with similar happening as Claire

finally, what her chance of returning since in episode 1 Frank spotted someone mysteriously peeping at their room at the opp building & disappeared strangely as Frank tried to approach that stranger

Re: ep 2 - what car accident? She is 'really' time travelling and the physical evidence for this comes up in Book 2 as well as what she knows and tries to do throughout.

Re: ep 3 -Not telling:P

Re: returning to the present time...again, not saying :pac:

I don't want to spoil it too much :cool:;):D

Re: ep 2 - what car accident? She is 'really' time travelling and the physical evidence for this comes up in Book 2 as well as what she knows and tries to do throughout.

Re: ep 3 -Not telling:P

Re: returning to the present time...again, not saying :pac:

I don't want to spoil it too much :cool:;):D

episode 3 , not telling would imply yes ; whether the characters already appear ? if it already appears , this person must very interested in Claire to find out where she comes by testing & digging her from all directions possible which very different from the Mackenzies ; through all the 3 episodes only Geillis gives that impression but she seems to be very willing & happy with what she has now. If it is true, does she has a way of returning but if she doesn't intend due to some reasons ?

on Claire returning to Frank by not saying would imply yes ; she returns alone or with someone that she knows or unaware of & that stranger would likely be that someone , that stranger doesn't seem to be a female figure more like a male. It could be Jamie , either they both back together or he follows her because he misses her but then how he gonna id himself in the 20th century ?

I'm gonna leave you to just keep watching :)

oh dear, like that also can :eek:

very thankful for the spoiler given in #24 :D

Another enjoyable episode, if I'm right, it's next weeks that all Outlander fans are waiting for :D

A slow episode today. I can't believe all they took a whole episode to cover that, when it could have been done much faster. It was strung much more in the episode than in the book. Probably the most plot deviations as well so far - things happening in different orders (clare working the wool happens later in the book at Lallybroch), she doesn't have that conversation with Ned, the fight is just Jamie, not all the men (and not over Claire's honour either), and they don't meet the Redcoats or come across the murdered traitors.

So next week is the one we are waiting for, although at this pace it could be Ep 7 instead :(

• Advertisement

A slow episode today. I can't believe all they took a whole episode to cover that, when it could have been done much faster. It was strung much more in the episode than in the book. Probably the most plot deviations as well so far - things happening in different orders (clare working the wool happens later in the book at Lallybroch), she doesn't have that conversation with Ned, the fight is just Jamie, not all the men (and not over Claire's honour either), and they don't meet the Redcoats or come across the murdered traitors.

So next week is the one we are waiting for, although at this pace it could be Ep 7 instead :(

find the flow of the episodes good & interesting :)

Another enjoyable episode, if I'm right, it's next weeks that all Outlander fans are waiting for :D

waiting for what :confused: to meet Frank's ancestor since she will be taken away by the general next episode that exciting ?

not another

Advertisement