Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlander [Starz]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Bloody mid series breaks! :mad:

It was some "mid-season break" in the US - end of September to start of April.

Why didn't they just call it Season 2?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Has anyone been watching it since it started again? I've enjoyed the past two episodes...continuing to stick closely to the book. Does anyone know how many episodes there will be?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

16 this season (split into 8+8)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

"I'll thank you to get your hands off my wife..." Yum.

That opening scene in last nights episode was saucy!

• Advertisement

mel.b wrote: »
    Has anyone been watching it since it started again? I've enjoyed the past two episodes...continuing to stick closely to the book. Does anyone know how many episodes there will be?

I have watched it from the start and really enjoy it,haven't read the books though. The love scenes are pretty 'intense'. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

Loving it. The Druidic summoning scene was something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭mafaa

mel.b, can spoil a bit ?

episode 11, since Claire had decided to stay, then what prompt her to return later ?
    she learns the tactic of time travel from other travelers ?

Do you mean when
    Jamie takes her to the stones and she decides to stay?

I think Claire knowing that
    Gelis traveled also
    gave her hope
    in going back to Frank
    . Gelis said to her 'I think it's possible' or something along those lines. However Claire was surprised when Jamie arrived at the stones as she had prepared herself to go to Lallybroch.

Utimately though, Claire decided
    to stay because she loves Jamie move than she loves Frank
    . I'm pretty sure it hasn't been explained in the tv show, but Claire grew up with her uncle after her parents died and he was an archeologist who lived in some primitive conditions so the 1700's weren't that bad for her and other than Frank she had no family.

Do you mean when
    Jamie takes her to the stones and she decides to stay?

I think Claire knowing that
    Gelis traveled also
    gave her hope
    in going back to Frank
    . Gelis said to her 'I think it's possible' or something along those lines. However Claire was surprised when Jamie arrived at the stones as she had prepared herself to go to Lallybroch.

Utimately though, Claire decided
    to stay because she loves Jamie move than she loves Frank
    . I'm pretty sure it hasn't been explained in the tv show, but Claire grew up with her uncle after her parents died and he was an archeologist who lived in some primitive conditions so the 1700's weren't that bad for her and other than Frank she had no family.

thanks

will like to know why much later she decides to time travel instead of stay by Jamie, since the shadow peeping at Claire room at the opp building most likely Jamie from episode 1

this show time traveling does it has any time setting to indicate which years to travel back in time or forward in time ; if not how Claire will travel back to her own time

• Advertisement

Ahh, i get you, sorry. That scene was Claire in the 1940's before Claire had ever traveled..what is there to say that either Jamie didn't travel or that it was Jamie's ghost/spirit whatever?

It's explained in the book that they move about 200yrs in time, in sync with each other, so 1yr passes for Frank, waitng for Claire at the same time/speed that it does for Clair & Jamie.

However, in answer to your question...
    claire does eventually travel back to her time. Her and Jamie try to stop the uprising of the Young Bonny prince Charles and when they realise that they have failed and thousands of Scots will be slaughtered at Culloden, Jamie sends Claire back so she will be safe as he is sucked in to fighting at Culloden too and expects to die

Ahh, i get you, sorry. That scene was Claire in the 1940's before Claire had ever traveled..what is there to say that either Jamie didn't travel or that it was Jamie's ghost/spirit whatever?

It's explained in the book that they move about 200yrs in time, in sync with each other, so 1yr passes for Frank, waitng for Claire at the same time/speed that it does for Clair & Jamie.

However, in answer to your question...
    claire does eventually travel back to her time. Her and Jamie try to stop the uprising of the Young Bonny prince Charles and when they realise that they have failed and thousands of Scots will be slaughtered at Culloden, Jamie sends Claire back so she will be safe as he is sucked in to fighting at Culloden too and expects to die

thanks

so, as long as Claire touches the stone she will definitely be time travel back to her own time & not some other timelines
    did Jamie die or manage to meet up with Claire

that's right.
    neither :p there are another 6 books at last count after Outlander...
    however in the books that i have read - (only the first four) there is no explaination for Jamie that night. Personally i think it has to be him as a ghost because Frank said he dissapeared suddenly and there is no eveidence that Jamie traveled in time - while he believed Claire when she told him, he didn't say that he had also done it and also because the two universes exist in sync, Jamie would have had to travel BEFORE he met Claire in his time so how would he know where & who to look for?

that's right.
    neither :p there are another 6 books at last count after Outlander...
    however in the books that i have read - (only the first four) there is no explaination for Jamie that night. Personally i think it has to be him as a ghost because Frank said he dissapeared suddenly and there is no eveidence that Jamie traveled in time - while he believed Claire when she told him, he didn't say that he had also done it and also because the two universes exist in sync, Jamie would have had to travel BEFORE he met Claire in his time so how would he know where & who to look for?

thanks
    now this season 2nd book ?

another 6 books will mean a few seasons to go

conjecture - doubt Jamie will die so soon, romance story is like that, he likely to travel to her timeline since she met him in his time

This season is still book 1.
    jamie does not travel to meet Claire in any of the books

This season is still book 1.
    jamie does not travel to meet Claire in any of the books

that will mean 1 book for 1 season,
    since there are 6 more as per post #74, can look forward to more seasons

maybe Jamie will in later books so long as he is not dead

Yep, hopefully lots more seasons to come.
    i cam say with 100% certainty that Jamie does NOT travel through time in any of the 6 books

Yep, hopefully lots more seasons to come.
    i cam say with 100% certainty that Jamie does NOT travel through time in any of the 6 books

wow, that's serious, can spoil why ?
    since he is not dead or the stones are not destroy

because he can't, that's the assumption anyway, that only certain people can travel

Big, big spoiler below, only read it if you REALLY want to know...
    Claire ultimately decides to travel back to try & find Jamie but not for a long time after leaving him the first time. She never stops loving him though

because he can't, that's the assumption anyway, that only certain people can travel

Big, big spoiler below, only read it if you REALLY want to know...
    Claire ultimately decides to travel back to try & find Jamie but not for a long time after leaving him the first time. She never stops loving him though

thanks
    the story put a limit to who can travel through time is very unexpected

think Claire extremely worry Jamie, he can get himself kill anytime but Frank doesn't face such imminent danger ; wonder Frank will forgive her

really can't believe all these between Claire & Jamie happenings can span to so many books just in Jamie timeline

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Is this show any good?

Edit: Watching the episode on RTE. Beautifully shot show and the guy behind the music is the same man behind Black Sails.It actually reminded me a lot it.

episode 15 was brilliantly acted, looking forward to season 1 finale May 30 on Jamie rescue

They really toned down what happened and shortened the amount of time that Jamie spent with Randall in Wentworth in comparison to the book.

They really toned down what happened and shortened the amount of time that Jamie spent with Randall in Wentworth in comparison to the book.

that episode was already quite tensed & is surprised to learn it is a toned down, perhaps it is too much for the viewers to take it or deem not productive as a tv series

Actually, i just re-read that part of the book and the episode was accurate. It's what happens to Jamie after Claire leaves that i was thinking of.

Actually, i just re-read that part of the book and the episode was accurate. It's what happens to Jamie after Claire leaves that i was thinking of.

from Outlander postmortem: EP Ronald Moore, director Anna Foerster talk violent prison scenes
    .... when Tobias holds Sam after he falls from the table with the nail in his hand, ....
    seem that scene is incomplete & is likely to continue in episode 16, but since the prison scene not over the word postmortem is quite inappropriate

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,663 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Watching on RTE - it's not on tonight or showing up on my planner. When does the last episode air?

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Watching on RTE - it's not on tonight or showing up on my planner. When does the last episode air?

Next weekend in the US - they skipped weekend just gone as it was Memorial Day yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

MayoForSam wrote: »
    Next weekend in the US - they skipped weekend just gone as it was Memorial Day yesterday.

I got a fright when it didn't show up on either the recorder or the RTÉ Player. :P

Thanks for the information. ;)

• Advertisement

Well they certainly didn't hold back in the season finale. Fantastic performances. Sad now that the season is over :(

Advertisement