Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlander [Starz]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

This show shouldn't be compared to the nonsensical Game of Thrones, I am only on Season 1 of this show and the Scottish clans are based upon real people who lived, it is a cross between Vikings and Goodnight Sweetheart, a 1990s comedy. Game of Thrones is in the same arena as Lord of the rings, Harry Potter and Star Wars. Game of Thrones is sad for me to watch as an Ulsterman as they film such a nonsensical show on such famous lands where such notorious battles took place, there could have been so much better things to film on the lands like a film about the Dal Riada tribes or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

I am in serious Outlander withdrawals. I've only been watching S1 & S2 on RTE and More 4 (I had missed episodes in both seasons.) Are you guys watching S3 via Amazon Prime? Is that a simple thing to get? I really only want to see Outlander, and don't think I can bear waiting for it to show up on More 4 or wherever. Is it easy to stop the subscription after I catch up and this season ends? Cheers for any info.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,698 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A great ending to this week's episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

A great ending to this week's episode.

Yes, we got over the whole Episode title thing, and back into the action. The rest of the season should be back to best of the show.

I am in serious Outlander withdrawals.....
    Well, I see now why no one replied. Duhhh. I thought the episode last week was the end of Season 2.... And I've sourced S3. Thanks anyway.

• Advertisement

Enjoyed this weeks episode and it looks like Starz have found some use for there Black Sails ships and sets :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Enjoyed this weeks episode and it looks like Starz have found some use for there Black Sails ships and sets :)

Yeah Saw Luke Arnold (Silver from Black Sails) saying that the ship is the Walrus from Black Sails.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

Only 1 more episode to go.

I'm actually happy with the way they have condensed the Jamaica story from the book into a few episodes...I thought it was very dragged out and convoluted in the book so I actually preferred the tv episodes. If they continue like this I'll be happy as I stopped reading the books part of the way through book 5 as it all just got a bit ridiculous IMO.

I enjoyed it. I think
    Gailess (
    not sure of spelling) accent is terrible though. Worst on the show, despite the writers loving her (per segment at the end).

A great reintroduction though :)

Next weeks looks like a cracker from the preview.

• Advertisement

A solid episode that ends series 3. A lot was tied up, and could serve as a show end.

I've not read the books, but did watch the show discussion at the end and
    it does suggest the rest of the show is based in America. Not sure how I feel about that, but will give it a go when it returns

A solid episode that ends series 3. A lot was tied up, and could serve as a show end.

I've not read the books, but did watch the show discussion at the end and
    it does suggest the rest of the show is based in America. Not sure how I feel about that, but will give it a go when it returns

I haven't seen the episode yet as i'm away, but you are correct with your spoiler
    most takes place in pre civil war america, with small parts in the 1980's and even a bit in the late 1730s

mel.b wrote: »
    I haven't seen the episode yet as i'm away, but you are correct with your spoiler
    most takes place in pre civil war america, with small parts in the 1980's and even a bit in the late 1730s

Thanks, are we about
    half way through based on the books?

No. So far there are 8 books in the series, with the 9th currently being written. At the end of the current book, Claire is approx 50yrs old. The next 5 books cover around 12yrs.

As someone who hasn't read the books I would have been very happy for it to end like this.

Nice link back to her time in Boston as well.

I agree. The ending of book 3 could have been a good ending to the whole series, although we'd always wonder what happened to them. I gave up on the books part way through book 5 as i didn't enjoy them anymore but my mum has read them all and loves them.

Finally caught up. Great end to the season. As I understand that season covered the third book and there's 5 to go yet. I wonder will we get a season out of every book though before they decide to pull the plug. I hope so. Glad I started watching it. It's been a great show to binge on the last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

In the show, did Lord John Gray arrive to Jamaica with lieutenant Leonard like in the book?

He seemed very hostile to somebody who had sailed him safely?

In the show, did Lord John Gray arrive to Jamaica with lieutenant Leonard like in the book?

He seemed very hostile to somebody who had sailed him safely?

No he was already there.

Starz have fallen out and dropped the production company that makes Outlander.

Not sure what that actually means now.

• Advertisement

Starz have fallen out and dropped the production company that makes Outlander.

Not sure what that actually means now.

:eek:

:eek:

It’s ok it is a cable company in the States that has dropped Starz.

I totally picked it up wrong :)

Sneak peek teaser for season 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I am watching season 3 on RTE2 and after the last episode I checked the Sky planner for the next one and its not on next week! Was that the last episode of season 3 (The Doldrums) or is it on a break for the World Cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭SPDUB

zorro2566 wrote: »
    I am watching season 3 on RTE2 and after the last episode I checked the Sky planner for the next one and its not on next week! Was that the last episode of season 3 (The Doldrums) or is it on a break for the World Cup?

There's another 4 episodes to go .

The break is probably related to the World Cup

Next episode on RTE2 is "Heaven and Earth" (S3, Ep 10) at 12 a.m. Wed 27th June.

Youtube trailer if the twitter one gets taken down.

• Advertisement

Returns on November 4th.

Advertisement