Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a Dell laptop charger and an iPod screen repaced.

Options
  • 13-01-2014 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions?

Anyone know what the name of the place in Market Yard is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭Bellview

eBay could help

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Bellview wrote: »
    eBay could help

Had a few from ebay, but they were crap. Thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

On a similar note, I'm Looking for a place that has iPhone lightning cables (at non-gouging prices!) in Sligo town.

Know a lot of discount stores in other places that have them for 1.50 or 2 euro so if anyone knew a discount store that definitely had them it'd be great.

Otherwise any PC shops (PC World aside) with them for a decent price?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Carson10

Go to sound computers on Stephen Street. They are in the back of that little Internet Cafe on the corner. They fixed my laptop. Really sound genuine lads who dont charge much at all. My laptop charger was also gone, and they gave me a second hand one they hand lying about for €20. That guy opposite coach lane was going to charge me €75 for a new charger and €95 labour to change and replace outlet on the laptop where the charges goes into.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Get the charger off Ebay it will cost less than 20e a Dell one will cost close to 75 , a generic one from PC world will cost as much and is as crap as the ebay one. I suggest you get the ebay one and tape the joints if it is splitting. I get loads of them. Cheak adverts also.

The screen is going to hurt , what generation is it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Syferus wrote: »
    On a similar note, I'm Looking for a place that has iPhone lightning cables (at non-gouging prices!) in Sligo town.

Know a lot of discount stores in other places that have them for 1.50 or 2 euro so if anyone knew a discount store that definitely had them it'd be great.

Otherwise any PC shops (PC World aside) with them for a decent price?

Someone reckoned the shop on bridge st is great for Iphone Ipod accessories, you can get a quote for the OP for the screen there also;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

bennyc wrote: »
    Get the charger off Ebay it will cost less than 20e a Dell one will cost close to 75 , a generic one from PC world will cost as much and is as crap as the ebay one. I suggest you get the ebay one and tape the joints if it is splitting. I get loads of them. Cheak adverts also.

The screen is going to hurt , what generation is it ?

I'd be really wary of buying a cheap power supply. A lot of the cheap ones are straight up dangerous and aren't designed to handle the power they claim to provide.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

I'd be really wary of buying a cheap power supply. A lot of the cheap ones are straight up dangerous and aren't designed to handle the power they claim to provide.

Thanks for that.

I see ALL the cool names got chopped up? :(

I went to that Sound Computers on Stephen St but it was after 5 and they were closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Try www.syncron.ie for the ipod, I sent an ipod away a year or so ago.

Advertisement