Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double usage seems extraordinary

Options
  • 13-01-2014 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

Hi, 

Just received my bill for November and December.
    Looking at my bill average for every two month period from the beginning of the year is in around 500 units usually under. However for the second year running my usage doubles up to over 1000 units for November and December.
    I am trying to make sense of this as I go to my parents usually for the two weeks running up to Christmas so effectively I am not in the house for probably 25% of the time period.

In terms of usage, I do not use heaters or anything electrical during this time if the year. The only thing that is used more is oil.. But if this is the cause of my usage doubling up it seems excessive???

Any help to helping me pin point what is happening here would be appreciated.

Regards, 

Donna

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭EI: Aoife O

Hi ShowMeTheCash,

Thank you for getting in touch with this query. To investigate this we would have to take a look at your account. Could you please PM us with your Electric Ireland account number, full name, address and contact number? Please also confirm if you are the account holder.

There could be a number of reasons why this bill is higher then the previous for example general increased usage during the winter months (lighting, heat etc.) or previous estimated bills. We do have an Appliance Calculator available which can help you understand your usage.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,
    Aoife

Advertisement