Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diep@Home - delivery adventure

Options
  • 13-01-2014 1:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

I ordered some take away from Diep (blackrock) on Friday week ago and:

- the guy didnt know how to find where we live - despite the fact weve been ordering few times recently - but got there in the end

- once it came to a payment - I had not enough cash on me that eve so I had to scrape all the 5,2 and 1 cent coins to get the 1.99€ I was short of, and then this young delivery guy refused to take it in a quite obnoxious way which made me bit annoyed and still refused to take it despite explaining that its money anyway,

-then he told me to count it in front of him or he wont take it and "it better be 2€ in there"

-I should have just send him back with the food but I was hungry so I took my phone and said Im calling you manager and he then took the cash and lstormed off

Dipe is my favourite takeaway but sadly this rather bizzare situation made me ask myself will I bother ordering from there again..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

To be fair he was probably a bit annoyed himself having to spend time checking that he was getting the correct money. These guys don't get paid very well & any deficit comes out of their own pocket. Also, he probably had other customers' food going cold in his car while you checked your small change & threatened to complain to his management.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Don't you check your cash before ordering so that you can pay by card if necessary? It's not rocket science.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

It's really up to you to have your money ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I don't think it fair to blame Diep in any way because YOU didn't have money to pay, delayed the driver by counting out coppers and then got stroppy.Your fault entirely!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭fresheire

Well folks I had it all measured and double - tripple checked before he arrived.

I dont think anyone would bother trying to rip off takeaway for few cents nor did I that evening. Also these coins are a legal money so like it or not Im still allowed to use it and shops cannot refuse taking it.

What Im really complaining about is the attitude of this young guy. Every job is hard and theres always a pressure on the employee but he was representing the company and he did that poorly. And for that I cannot find the excuse. Its the last thing I want after long day to have some passive-aggressive obnoxious fella giving out about something that should have ended as "...no worries enjoy your meal" - its me who was paying for the service (including his own wage). thats all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

fresheire wrote: »
    I ordered some take away from Diep (blackrock) on Friday week ago and:

- the guy didnt know how to find where we live - despite the fact weve been ordering few times recently - but got there in the end

- once it came to a payment - I had not enough cash on me that eve so I had to scrape all the 5,2 and 1 cent coins to get the 1.99€ I was short of, and then this young delivery guy refused to take it in a quite obnoxious way which made me bit annoyed and still refused to take it despite explaining that its money anyway,

-then he told me to count it in front of him or he wont take it and "it better be 2€ in there"

-I should have just send him back with the food but I was hungry so I took my phone and said Im calling you manager and he then took the cash and lstormed off

Dipe is my favourite takeaway but sadly this rather bizzare situation made me ask myself will I bother ordering from there again..

How many coins did you give him OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The number of coins would have been between 40 & 199 based on the denominations mentioned. Either way - quite a few.

And as this is more about a perception of a delivery man's attitude rather than quality of food or drink we'll leave it at that.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement