Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband

Options
  • 13-01-2014 2:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭

Any future plans to upgrade the broadband service in the Ardfert Area. Outside Tralee, Co. Kerry.

I know the lines are only suitable for 3 Mbps and I am getting 2.5 Mbps for most of the day but its becomming unbearable around 9pm. Most evenings dropping as low as 0.2 Mbps. It seems to have gotten alot worse over the past month,

Last time Eircom contacted me about upgrading plans about 6 months ago, he tried to convince me, Eircom would be upgrading the lines and we would achieve NGB speeds.

I know Eircom were re-arranging there packages and I'm presuming "Upto 8mb" was becomming there basic package so I understand that I might be paying for "Upto 8mb" but only achieving 3ish due to my lines but he assured me the lines would be upgraded in the upcoming months.

So was he winding me up so I would happily signup to the package or is there some hope?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

tvercetti wrote: »
    Any future plans to upgrade the broadband service in the Ardfert Area. Outside Tralee, Co. Kerry.

I know the lines are only suitable for 3 Mbps and I am getting 2.5 Mbps for most of the day but its becomming unbearable around 9pm. Most evenings dropping as low as 0.2 Mbps. It seems to have gotten alot worse over the past month,

Last time Eircom contacted me about upgrading plans about 6 months ago, he tried to convince me, Eircom would be upgrading the lines and we would achieve NGB speeds.

I know Eircom were re-arranging there packages and I'm presuming "Upto 8mb" was becomming there basic package so I understand that I might be paying for "Upto 8mb" but only achieving 3ish due to my lines but he assured me the lines would be upgraded in the upcoming months.

So was he winding me up so I would happily signup to the package or is there some hope?

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi tvercetti

Please PM me your landline number and I'll check this out for you. I'll run a few tests, check your exchange for possible upgrades and get back to you as soon as I have checked everything.

Thanks

Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

This is just ridiculus!!

3470446702.png

It's all too common at this time of night.

3482802642.png

3482802642.png

Advertisement