Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off the Fence....and looking to go sub 3 hrs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

What plan are you following now M?

TbL

I am following an outline plan provided by your coach on The Continuity Training Thread. Based around 2 key sessions per week with the rest mainly easy running. Targeting 50-60 miles per week all in for the moment.

It's a pity you won't be joining us on Sunday. Always a good event.

Murph_D wrote: »
    Nice parkrun there, boss. Best of luck on Sunday. Would love to be doing it myself but out of town for the weekend.

Cheers D.

22/01/2015 - 7.54m @ 08:16 avg pace (General Aerobic - Easy w/9x100m Strides)

Another slogfest around Kilkeel. I was surprised at how icy the path along the seafront was when I got there. As a result, I did the strides on the grass while still using the lamposts as my guide. I went 3on/3off for a mile and thoroughly enjoyed the strides. It was a nice way to finish after what had gone before.

23/01/2015 - 6.88m @ 09:25 avg pace (Recovery w/9x100m Strides)

I was joined by Ferris B for 4 of these. Good to have company for a change and to catch up a bit. Had no idea what the pace was and neither of us really cared. Two auldfellas on an NHS gabbing like auldwans:)

After Ferris jumped out I headed back down the the coast and did the same routine of strides as I did last night but on the path this time. Nothing to report really just keeping her lit until Sunday.

24/01/2015
    - 1.13m @ 08:10 avg pace (parkrun warm-up)
    - 3.07m @ 08:00 avg pace (parkrun St Anne's 25min Pacing - 24:33)
    - 1m (Cool down)

Headed up to St Anne's to slot in as 25min pacer. Allowed me to get a couple of miles in to keep things ticking over for tomorrow. Came in a little ahead of were I should have but didn't drop anyone in last km. The couple of people that were with me were moving well so I pushed them a little in the last 500m to ensure they got the best out of the run. 2 of them got nice shiny new PB well under their 25min target.

All set for tomorrow or as set as I am going to be. Christeb is targeting sub 30 and has signed up Tungaska to pace him so all going well I will be able to hang onto their coat tails all the way. Either way plans A, B and C all involve running like fock and seeing how far that gets me.

Good luck to all those running.........and as always, ENJOY!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Best of luck tomorrow, bring home the bacon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

hope Raheny went well today, M... looking forward to hearing about it!

annapr wrote: »
    hope Raheny went well today, M... looking forward to hearing about it!

Cheers Anna. Watch said 30 flat but I am pretty "confident" that I was slower on stopping the watch than running so chip time will give me sub 30....if not I am going to go off and sulk for a while before writing a report:D

FYI Mrs FBOT definitely took minute plus off her PB.

PS....great event as always. Good weather and strong field pushed a lot of people to PB performances. Thanks to all involved!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

FBOT01 wrote: »
    Cheers Anna. Watch said 30 flat but I am pretty "confident" that I was slower on stopping the watch than running so chip time will give me sub 30....if not I am going to go off and sulk for a while before writing a report:D

PS....great event as always. Good weather and strong field pushed a lot of people to PB performances. Thanks to all involved!

That's great running M, well done.

TbL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Well done to both of you!!! great time for you! Tell the Mrs congrats from me... won't be long before she'll be leaving me in the dust :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Well done FBOT, you were pretty fresh coming up the hill as you were able to pick me out of the crowd and say hello :pac:

Well done M, super stuff.

That's great running M, well done.

TbL

Cheers, C. Happy enough with the way it went.
    annapr wrote: »
    Well done to both of you!!! great time for you! Tell the Mrs congrats from me... won't be long before she'll be leaving me in the dust :)

Thanks Anna.
    menoscemo wrote: »
    Well done FBOT, you were pretty fresh coming up the hill as you were able to pick me out of the crowd and say hello :pac:

Thanks Meno. You were easy to pick out:) ....When I passed you I was actually aerobically feeling as I looked but my legs were not happy. 500m up the road I was looking how my legs were feeling:D

tang1 wrote: »
    Well done M, super stuff.

Thanks, B.

Just about FBOT!!

Just about FBOT!!

Just about will do me for today;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,499 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Nice going, M. Never a doubt. ;). Congrats to A too.

Nice going, M. Never a doubt. ;). Congrats to A too.

Cheers D. I hope you enjoyed your parkrun tourism at the weekend and the bit of hill training afterwards:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Well done yesterday Mark.
    I knew you'd do it and was really expecting you to pass me in the final stages. I was delighted when I looked around at the line and you were already there. Sub 3 this year for sure :)

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Well done yesterday Mark.
    I knew you'd do it and was really expecting you to pass me in the final stages. I was delighted when I looked around at the line and you were already there. Sub 3 this year for sure :)

Cheers, Peter. Actually thought coming down the far side of park that I might actually be in with a chance of catching you but I got slightly distracted when the two guys in front of me had a little go at each other at the second last corner. One obviously felt the other was cutting him off so he gave him a rugby style hand off. The guy on the receiving end broke his stride and I had to go wide to pass him. When I came into the final straight you were just a fraction too far ahead to catch (and moving too fast)....I did give it a go though:D

Good to see you start the year off with another PB.

Sub 3 thoughts or plans are on hold until April/May but all going well I will be having another go in the Autumn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Cheers, Peter. Actually thought coming down the far side of park that I might actually be in with a chance of catching you but I got slightly distracted when the two guys in front of me had a little go at each other at the second last corner. One obviously felt the other was cutting him off so he gave him a rugby style hand off. The guy on the receiving end broke his stride and I had to go wide to pass him. When I came into the final straight you were just a fraction too far ahead to catch (and moving too fast)....I did give it a go though:D

Good to see you start the year off with another PB.

Sub 3 thoughts or plans are on hold until April/May but all going well I will be having another go in the Autumn.

I'll give the pot a little stir!!

Sounds like you're saying you would have taken P only for that bit of commotion :)

TbL

Absolutely, with yards to spare. Sure he was running backwards at that stage and we all know how easy he capitulates under presssure :P

......PS I wish!!

25/01/2015

Raheny 5
    Gun Time - 30:11
    Chip Time - 29:59
    Overall Position - 149
    Cat Position - 9

Prerace
    While I have put in a few good weeks in the run up to this and the plan was to give it a good lash I probably could have planned my day a little better to give myself the best chance of a good run. "Daddy's" Taxi was on duty again on Saturday Night so no early night and with a late race start I had decided to stick with my normal Sunday routine of early morning golf rather than putting the feet up. So bed at 1am, up at 7am and 12 holes carrying my bag all before collecting mine and Mrs FBOT's numbers at 12:30.

Even when collecting the numbers there was a great buzz around the start/finish area. Came back up about 1:45 and dropped the bag and went for a couple of warm-up miles. After getting changed I headed over and caught the end of the junior 1 mile race. Some talented runners in action and some very good times being hit.

Met back up with Mrs FBOT wished her good luck and headed into the starting funnel early as it always gets quite tight at the start of this race. Met plenty of Boardies, parkrunner and others runners that I knew and everyone seemed in great form and ready to go. Lined up with Yaboya and withcheeseplease in a Berlin revisited moment. I had hoped to see christeb at this stage so that I could tag onto his coat tails in his sub 30 attempted (which turned out to be a smashing success for him) but he was front and centre and I was stuck some 15/20 rows back.

Mile 1 (05:59)

We were off pretty much on time and as usual there were a lot of runners in the early rows that had no business being there. Starting 5 or 6 rows from the front at a jog....I just don't get it. Yaboya passed me in the first half mile and I assumed that as with all other races we have lined up together in that that would be the last I would see of him until after the finish. It was in this section that I also encountered the guy mentioned by Yaboya with the massive headphone jogging along oblivious to anything going on around him. To add insult to injury he was about 6'6" and built like a brick sh*thouse so took up half the road. Anyway after the first half mile I began to find a rhythm and was actually moving quite well as we turned onto Watermill Road. Pace was 05:58 or thereabouts and finished out mile 1 in 05:59.

Mile 2 (05:55)

I lost a lot of time on this mile last year trying to get some shelter from the wind and letting other people dictate my pace. This year the wind was not a major issue and I had decided pre-race that I was going to hold pace irrespective of what was going on around me. Mile 2 under the belt in 05:55. A little quicker due to the downhill of Sybil Hill and the brief b*lloxking I got from Ferris to move my ar*e.

Mile 3 (06:02)

This mile was the toughest of the day. About half way down Mount Prospect I really started to feel the pain with twinges in my lower back and the start of a stitch which thankfully didn't come to anything. I got a couple of shout outs here including one from my eldest that helped me keep my mind on the job. I also caught a glimpse of Yaboya along this section. Sorry P but I took some heart from not being the only one suffering. Unfortunately, I knew that if he was still in my sight at that stage sub 29 would be a tough ask even for him. Turned onto the downhill section towards the coast and the watch beeped a 06:02 mile and Yaboya seemed to disappear. I was still in with a good shout for my sub 30 but needed to keep it motoring. I was actually aerobically very relaxed and breathing easy but my legs were struggling badly.

Mile 4 (05:58)

I now started to focus on the task of putting in another sub 6:00 mile to put myself in the right place for the finish. It was here that I joined or was joined by a female runner, Maria (I knew her name from the amount of shout outs she was getting). Right up along the coast road we were shoulder to shoulder pushing each others pace and we were passing a lot of runners. One poor lad sprinted back past us only to die a death 50m metres up the road....he'll learn I thought to myself. Got a shout out from a marshal I knew at end of Watermill Road and then when I turned to head up the hill. I got "encouragement" here from the ever present Mr Stew and Mr Motivator himself, Ferris B. Spotted Meno around here too and gave him a shout out. Mile 4 done in 05:58 just one to go!!!

Mile 5 (05:55)

I push on up the hill and I thought maybe I lost Maria here but no as we turned onto All Saints Road she was right there on my shoulder again. From this point on I have no recollection of anything but what was straight in front of me. Angelina Jolie could have been standing naked in a doorway here and she wouldn't have gotten a second glance. I could feel the pace increasing and I picked out a few targets ahead. The first being a guy I know from parkrun, Eamon, who would be a regular sub 18 finisher. As I approached him I caught a glimpse of Yaboya a little further up the road. Eamon was moving well and it took a while to catch up with him. He was busy chasing down the guy in front of him and we were both passing quite a few along this stage. BTW Maria was still just behind me as I could hear the continuing shouts for her. As we came up the far side of the park on the final lap I was closing on Eamon and his prey.......he actually got a little too close to his prey on the second last corner and got a good auld shove for his trouble as the guy obvious thought he was cutting him off on the corner. As we came around the final corner I swung wide and took both of them on the outside. I encouraged Eamon to come with me and was happy to see him beat the guy that shoved him as I thought it was a little uncalled for. Maria came in just behind Eamon.........while I could see Yaboya clearly just in front of me on the finishing straight I never really got close enough to catch him. Mile 5 sorted in 05:55.

Post-race
    Stopped the watch at 30 flat but was confident/hopeful that chip time would put me on the right side of the 30 mark. Congratulated Yaboya on his PB even if it wasn't the sub 29 he would have liked. He is sure to nail the sub 29 in Terenure if not before. We headed around to pick up our goodies bags. Bumped into Killerz and christeb here both basking in the glory of smashing their targets and sharing a naked hug to celebrate. Also caught up with withcheeseplease, wubble wubble and a few others all pretty happy with their days work. Congratulated Maria on her performance and thanked her for the part she played in pushing me to what turned out to be 29:59:D

After this I returned to the finishing straight to try to catch a glimpse of Mrs FBOT's moment of glory but missed her. She too had a good day at the office with a 2min PB. Headed back to the GAA Club for a shower, a cuppa and a catch up. Loads of folks around here both boardies and parkrunners including the Stews and the whole Killerz clan. I made it clear to Mrs Killerz that there is no way Killerz should be smashing his PB like he did if he was pulling his weight with the twins...she assured me that it won't happen again:p

Mrs FBOT and I then strolled home through St Anne's before putting our feet up for the evening and eating like we had just done a marathon:eek:

Another great day out in Raheny. It has to be the best possible way to kick off the year's running. Thanks to all involved organisers, volunteers, supporters and fellow runners...........GOOD JOB!!!

26/01/2015 - 4.14m @ 09:28 avg pace (Recovery with Dog)

Nice easy recovery run to get the blood flowing after yesterday's efforts.

Great racing, Mark. Some pre-race routine too! Congrats.

Great racing, Mark. Some pre-race routine too! Congrats.

Thanks Murph. I put all that in as a memo to self for next year. I read my last year's report last week to check for curiosity what I did on the day i.e. whether I rested or golfed, etc. and found that had included very little about pre-race so thought it would be useful for future reference.

Thanks Murph. I put all that in as a memo to self for next year. I read my last year's report last week to check for curiosity what I did on the day i.e. whether I rested or golfed, etc. and found that had included very little about pre-race so thought it would be useful for future reference.

Yeah, yeah, you were just showing off!!

tang1 wrote: »
    Yeah, yeah, you were just showing off!!

Not at all, B. You have me all wrong. Showing off would have been telling you that I had two birdies and took the money while playing golf ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

and took the money while playing golf ;)

Again.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Well done lad. Nice to sneak under the 30!

blockic wrote: »
    Well done lad. Nice to sneak under the 30!

Cheers Blockic.

Looking forward to seeing how you get on in Boston as I am hoping to give it a go in 2016.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

great report and even better racing. Good couple of weeks for you!

great report and even better racing. Good couple of weeks for you!

Cheers A. I am not complaining:)

Let me know when you are planning those hurtfest parkruns and I might join you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

Cheers A. I am not complaining:)

Let me know when you are planning those hurtfest parkruns and I might join you.

I'm considering St Annes on Saturday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Playing catchup a bit here M - well done on Sunday, great report and a good start to the year for you

• Advertisement

I'm considering St Annes on Saturday :)

Cool I plan to be there anyway so might chase you for the first lap and see how it goes from there.
    Duanington wrote: »
    Playing catchup a bit here M - well done on Sunday, great report and a good start to the year for you

Cheers D. Welcome Home:)

27/01/2015 - 10.47m @ avg pace 08:06 (w/4x8min HMP RI120)

After Sunday's race I swapped Monday's session and Tuesday's recovery around. Headed down to the Seafront to do this 2 reps towards Sutton and then two back. The pace was set up in the watch but couldn't remember how aggressive or otherwise I had been in setting up HMP. Just decided to go with the watch and as long as I could keep it from beeping at me that would do for today.

After a 20min warm-up I hit the lap button and off I went. Found the right zone pretty quickly and rep 1 went fine. As I started rep 2 out past the causeway I started to feel the wind at my back and knew rep 3 & 4 were going to be a problem. I think I mentally took the foot off in anticipation of what was to come and got a little beep to wake me up about half way through this rep. Rep 3 was straight into decent breeze and I considered letting the watch beep and just holding effort but the beeping really bugs me so decided I needed to dig in. I pumped the arms a bit and found a rhythm that got me back on track. Worked hard during this rep. When I started rep 4 the biggest problem I was having was a pain in my right shoulder from using my arms in the previous rep. This settled after I got going. A cyclist had passed me during my previous recovery jog so when I started this rep I had him as a clear target. Passed him after about half a mile and didn't see him again. This was a tough rep and I was blowing hard when I finished. Dropped by the house and picked up the dog before doing a couple of slow cool down miles. I was knackered when I got home.

Paces for HMP Reps were 06:31/06:27/06:32/06:28

28/01/2015 - 8.26m @ avg pace 08:46 (Easy)

Plan had 8-10m easy today. Got just over 8 in and although the pace was far slower than I would have liked there was nothing easy about them. Cold, wet, miserable run which I was glad to see the back of. A couple of twinges behind my left knee which I also felt yesterday. Will keep an eye on it during the week.

Were you running incognito yesterday or something? Because it seems like you were right there yet I never spotted you....

Were you running incognito yesterday or something? Because it seems like you were right there yet I never spotted you....

Was running late and arrived just at start. Saw you as you finished but when I came back from my cool down I didn't see you so assumed you had jumped ship.

i see you are on the results as having run a new parkrun PB. Good running.

• Advertisement

Was running late and arrived just at start. Saw you as you finished but when I came back from my cool down I didn't see you so assumed you had jumped ship.

i see you are on the results as having run a new parkrun PB. Good running.

Thanks but Parkrun PB is a minute behind the real one!!
    I went straight out for a c/d jog back to the car in clontarf. Still and all, you must have been right in front of me and I didn't see you, I was looking out for you and all!!

Thanks but Parkrun PB is a minute behind the real one!!
    I went straight out for a c/d jog back to the car in clontarf. Still and all, you must have been right in front of me and I didn't see you, I was looking out for you and all!!

Must have been the nappy buff I had on my head that made me hard to spot:)

Hell and Back? Come on Mark, spill the beans...

29/01/2015 - 6.61m @ 08:05 avg pace (Easy w/9x100m Strides)

Life got in the way so had to swap the planned 2hr Progression Run with some easy miles. The easy miles felt a lot easier today than yesterday although the strides didn't feel as good as they did last week.

30/01/2015 - 15.6m @ 07:50 avg pace (2hr "Progression" Run)

Kicked this off with a rough plan to go back to the progression format I followed last year which was breaking it into 3 sections 6/5/5 with planned avg paces at 08:00/07:40/07:20. First 6 miles went according to plan and were helped by the fact that I was heading towards Sutton with the wind behind me. Turned towards Baldoyle for the next section which brought me straight into the wind. The next 6 miles were pretty much into the wind and uphill. Section 2 only got to 07:50 avg pace with mile 11 being the slowest of the day. Last 2 miles were downhill so managed to get them into the 07:30s. Overall this was a good session and while the pace was slower than planned the effort was all it needed to be. Quads really felt like they had worked hard on this one.

01/02/2015 - parkrun St Anne's 18:25 (5th place finisher)

Headed up to parkrun with no real plan other than to stretch my legs with a sub 20 run. I was kinda hoping that AMK didn't show up for a hurtfest parkrun as I might have had to chase him for a while:pac:

After a 1.5m warm-up I lined up about 6/7 rows from the front. As we lined up I saw a regular sub 18 parkrunner a couple of rows ahead. At the off I decided to try to keep in contact with her as see how I got on. I was a little off the pace and as a result ended up on a solo run in 8th about 5/10 yards behind a group of 5 with 1st and 2nd another 20/30 yards ahead. As we approached the end of lap one I was still holding the gap and the 2nd place guy was rapidly coming back to the group. One guy in purple had come back a little towards me so decided I would target him on lap two.

As we hit the 3km mark the sub 18 runner pushed ahead and it wasn't long before she was in second on her own. The guy in purple also kicked on and started to make up ground on the guys ahead. I was happy to chase him and somewhere around the 4km mark we past 2 guys so I was now in 6th with the purple t-shirt guy still ahead. As we headed down the avenue I decided to do something I haven't done in a long time. I committed to the chase and prepared myself so some real pain. I was either going to pass the guy in purple or feel some serious pain trying and wasn't stopping until I crossed the line. I hadn't looked at the watch at all and didn't care about the time. I wasn't going to use the fact that I was most likely off PB pace as a cope out. The guy in purple knew I was approaching as he could hear me blowing from 5 yards back. He pushed on again. With 400 to go I made my move and past him like a train.....blowing like an old stream train rather than flying like a Eurostar:D. He didn't respond but I pushed all the way to the line regardless. I was pleasantly surprised to see the watch saying 18:25 which is only 6secs off my PB. Very happy with my days work. Finished off with a 0.5m cool-down followed by coffee and token sorting. Marthastew joined us for coffee and as always it was good to catch up.

This brought a close to a January that saw me run everyday and clock up a total of 242 miles. 1st 200+ month since September. In fact, I was only 9 mile short of beating my combined mileage for Nov and Dec. January also saw me get back into doing some quality sessions courtesy of Ecolii's Continuity Training Thread and getting the reward in a sub 30 PB run in Raheny. Good start to the year.

Plan for February is to do more of the same and keep building my speed and strength in advance of Ballycotton. Main extra focus will be to try to get back doing some stretching and to get my diet under control. Haven't stopped eating sh1t since Christmas.

01/02/2015 - 6.2m @ 21:00 avg pace (Recovery w/strength and conditions)

A friend of mine had signed up as part of a team to do Hell and Back in Bray on Sunday. They had someone cry off on Wednesday so he asked me if I wanted to fill in.........and given the fact I am generally game for a laugh and enjoy a challenge with a difference.....I said sure why not. Mrs FBOT gave a half dozen good reason why not when I mentioned it to her but I was in at that stage:)

The lads I was doing it with hadn't done as much training as they had planned to so I knew one or two may struggle. We agreed that we would stick together and regroup after each obstacle. The plan was for everyone to get through it injury free if possible and to have fun along the way. This approach meant the pace was relatively slow and steady.

The obstacles were all pretty straight forward and if you don't mind getting mucky the first half is grand. This brings you to the top of the little sugarloaf. I decided to let loose on a couple of the decent sections and at one stage gravity really was doing its bit. I was flying with no brakes:D You really do need to keep your head in the game if you decide to try the speed decent option but the buzz is great!!

It was pretty cold but no rain meant it wasn't unpleasant. The river crossings were probably worst sections but only because the cold water meant my key assets felt like they had been sprayed with liquid nitro:eek: The electric shock obstacles were a close second and would be the only ones that I wouldn't relish trying again.

We all finished cold, wet, muddy, happy and in one piece and enjoyed post run nosh up of hot coffee and choc in the car before heading home. Long but enjoyable day and an event I would recommend as something a little bit different and great fun .........Great strength and conditioning session too. Although might be a little high risk if you have any big race plan afterwards;)

02/02/2015 3.96m @ 09:40 avg pace (Recovery with dog)

A few nice easy recovery miles after the exertions of the weekend. Dog tagged along and we kept it nice and slow.

03/02/2015 6.2m @ 08:22 avg pace (Easy)

Tight for time this evening so I could only squeeze just over 6 miles. Kept it easy and pushed any thoughts of a session back until tomorrow. I will make the call tomorrow whether to do yesterday planned session at all or just give myself an easy week to refresh the legs before pushing on again.

Hell and Back? Come on Mark, spill the beans...

Hey D, not sure I should be even mentioning that on this forum. Mods might be after me:)

But I threw caution to the wind and put a quick summary up above just for you:D

Good craic and a great day out.

Well played, especially the day after that parkrun chasedown.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

Nice Parkrun running there... I was down at sessions with the Raheny lads after 10, and seen the stragglers finishing.

Good running...

04/02/2015 6.19m @ 08:27 avg pace (Easy)

Decided not to try to catch up on yesterday skipped session and just let it go;)

05/02/2015 10m @ 08:00 avg pace (Easy)

Plan had 8-10 Easy for today. Long day at work and had no real longing to do this so I went out immediately when I got home to avoid coming up with excuse later. It turned out to be a lovely evening for running. I ended up taking the long way round and to get in the full 10. Pace as quicker than yesterday but effort was still on the easy end of the scale. I made a conscious effort not to start too slowly and that paid dividends by getting me into a nice rhythm early on which just felt easy to maintain. Paid very little attention to the watch but split turned out to be pretty consistent throughout.

05/02/2015 7.5m @ 07:56 avg pace (Easy w/9x100m Strides)

This week is a bit all over the place. Plan called for 55min MP with wu and cd either side. Time was against me so swapped in tomorrow's easy with strides instead. As with yesterday I hit the road immediately when I got in. Did my now regular 7miler route up Watermill Rd, down Howth Road and back along the coast finishing with a mile of strides between baths and bull wall. All good. Another nice evening for running. Not having the wind to worry about does really make it much more pleasant out there.

Note to self.....reduce the coffee intake during the day to avoid having to make emergency pitstop in the Beachcomber:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement