Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off the Fence....and looking to go sub 3 hrs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

yaboya1 wrote: »
    Look on the bright side M.
    At least you didn't upset me by beating my pb :D

Every cloud, P :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Sorry you had a bad day, M, but amazing you were able to pull that off, given the state of you beforehand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

annapr wrote: »
    the state of you beforehand!

You can always rely on Anna for an honest description :)

Yeah but the last time Anna saw me was before I got the dose :D

...eh.... thanks, i think... :pac:
    FBOT01 wrote: »
    Yeah but the last time Anna saw me was before I got the dose :D

:pac::pac: I was only basing my assessment on reading your log... and oh yeah, looking at D's photos too ... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,499 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

I was impressed you were running at all having heard the rasp in your voice at the parkrun earlier. Fair play for giving it a go. You can call it a "sick PB". :)

12/04/2015 - Rest

13/04/2015 - Rest

14/04/2015 - 5.28m @ 08:21 avg pace (Easy)

Back on the road this eve with 5 easy miles in the company of Ferris B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Tough break for you getting the dose during the week Mark, but still a solid result all things considered. You'll take chunks out of your time (and yaboyas :) ) if you did say the Fingal 10k or the like during your marathon training plan.

15/04/2015 - 4m @ 09:48 avg pace (Recovery with Dog)

I'll blame the dog for this one. Although I didn't hear myself complaining. It was what it was:)

• Advertisement

16/04/2015 - 7m @ 07:58 avg pace (Easy)

Out in the company of Ferris again along the Clontarf seafront this eve. Lovely evening. The shades are back in action.

17/04/2015 - 4m @ 08:55 avg pace (Recovery)

A few slow miles in St Anne's with the dog was the order of the day today.

24/04/2015 - 8m @ 08:15 avg pace (General Aerobic - Easy)

After a full 7 days of no running I was back at it this eve. 8 easy miles in the company of Ferris to wake the legs up. For the first couple of miles I think I might have finally understood what the youngfellas around here mean when they keep referring to their legs feeling fresh. It was a nice feeling while it lasted :)

25/04/2015 - 5.3m @ 08:01 avg pace (General Aerobic - Easy) plus parkrun St Anne's (20:48)

Plan had 8miles in for today so decided to take the long way around to St Anne's and then finish my run in the company of fellow parkrunners. No real agenda other than to keep the pre parkrun miles around 8min pace and then go a little faster around the parkrun course.

Quads were surprisingly tight. I know last night's run was the first in a week but it was easy paced so hadn't expected so much stiffness.

When I got to the parkrun start area Killerz was front and centre with the double buggy so if nothing else I had to ensure I avoided been buggied i.e. get beaten by someone pushing a buggy:). Took the first mile pretty handy and then just picked up the pace slowly from there. Rather than coming down the finishing straight listening out for footsteps behind me I was listen out for the sound on buggy wheels on the wet avenue. As you would expect from Killerz he was fairly flying when he could take advantage of the smooth wide Avenue. My official finishing time was 20:48 and right behind me in 20:52 was the Killerz crew.

Said a quick Hello and congrats to HelenAnne who looked fresh after finishing as 1st lady before cheering a few more home on route to the shelter of the dry cafe and a nice coffee and scone to finish out the morning.

Well done HelenAnne and of course the fastest twins in Dublin... at least you weren't buggied (love it).

M, you should have dragged Mrs Mc out too ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Yes at least you weren't buggied...you almost sound disappointed :)

TbL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

I think that was our best opportunity to 'buggy' (sounds pretty obscene!) FBOT given he was on a nice easy run, although no matter how close we were going to get, I dont think he was ever going to let us beat him.

I'm still picking the mud out of the buggy - rotten conditions!

26/04/2015 - 12m @ 07:41 avg pace (MLR - Progression)

Thankfully Ferris had a similar run on his plan and I had company for this one as my quads were unbelievable tight and I could have easily skipped this or cut it short if I was on a solo mission.

We headed Southside so we had no early out options. Avg pace was OK but the progression wasn't significant i.e. first few miles were probably a little faster than they should have been while the last few were a little slower.

Pleasant enough run for the first 9 miles or so then the hail and rain made it a little less so. Shades were double jobbing in that they provided shade from the sun early on and then served well as eye protectors when the hail came like a shower of broken glass. Pity the shades could do anything to protect my forehead and eyes from the onslaught.

Quad remained sore but didn't seem to hamper the run significantly but later yesterday evening it felt like I had just done a marathon that I hadn't bothered training for :eek:

Plenty of foam rolling going on around here over the last 24 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭HelenAnne

Killerz wrote: »
    I think that was our best opportunity to 'buggy' (sounds pretty obscene!) FBOT given he was on a nice easy run, although no matter how close we were going to get, I dont think he was ever going to let us beat him.

I'm still picking the mud out of the buggy - rotten conditions!

Whatever about FBOT being buggied on an easy run, I was nearly buggied and I was trying hard! If I do it next week I'm going to keep an ear out for the ominous sound of wheels behind me ...

27/04/2015 - Rest

28/04/2015 - 2.7m @ 08:50 avg pace (Recovery) 6.44m @ 07:54 avg pace (General Aerobic)

First double this year. My youngest decided that she wanted to go for a run before school so we headed out at 7 for a quick spin around the St Anne's parkrun course. Lovely fresh morning.

Went out again in the evening for some more easy miles. Bumped into a couple Raheny lads out for their evening loop. Jumped in step with them for a couple of miles. Pace for these miles dropped to 07:20 and actually felt easier than the earlier slower miles.

29/04/2015 - 8.69m @ 08:02 avg pace (General Aerobic)

Joined Ferris for this. This is step back week for both of us so we just enjoyed the easy miles and were lucky enough to miss the rain.

Well done on the buggied front. I was no match for the wheels myself a while back. Why the week off - tired, sick or something else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Shades were double jobbing in that they provided shade from the sun early on and then served well as eye protectors when the hail came like a shower of broken glass. Pity the shades could do anything to protect my forehead and eyes from the onslaught.

Why where were you wearing your shades when the hail came? :cool::eek:

Murph_D wrote: »
    Well done on the buggied front. I was no match for the wheels myself a while back. Why the week off - tired, sick or something else?

Cheers, D. A combination of all 3.....a perfect storm :)

menoscemo wrote: »
    Why where were you wearing your shades when the hail came? :cool::eek:

Because I look sh*t hot in them....why else:P

How is the recovery going after London? I know you didn't hit your target but I would say you were glad to put the previous year behind you and get over the line. What's next for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

27/04/2015 - Rest

Bumped into a couple Raheny lads out for their evening loop. Jumped in step with them for a couple of miles. Pace for these miles dropped to 07:20 and actually felt easier than the earlier slower miles.

Possibly our group, there was 7-8 of us doing the inside loop of St Annes on Tuesday @ 6:30ish ???

MisterDrak wrote: »
    Possibly our group, there was 7-8 of us doing the inside loop of St Annes on Tuesday @ 6:30ish ???

Saw you guys heading towards the park alright but I jumped in with PC and a couple of others that were heading down the Howth Road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Because I look sh*t hot in them....why else:P

How is the recovery going after London? I know you didn't hit your target but I would say you were glad to put the previous year behind you and get over the line. What's next for you?

Read your post again, perhaps I am missing a comma in mine but if your shades weren't protecting your eyes from the hailstones, were you wearing them around your ankles?

Thanks yeah that's how it is alright!!
    Recovery is coming along very slowly, still unable to walk down the stairs unaided :eek: but Ecoli reckons I am not injured and it's improving a bit so hopefully I manage a few minutes jog by the weekend...

menoscemo wrote: »
    Read your post again, perhaps I am missing a comma in mine but if your shades weren't protecting your eyes from the hailstones, were you wearing them around your ankles?

Thanks yeah that's how it is alright!!
    Recovery is coming along very slowly, still unable to walk down the stairs unaided :eek: but Ecoli reckons I am not injured and it's improving a bit so hopefully I manage a few minutes jog by the weekend...

The problem appears to be a typo in my original post...they served well as eye protector but it was a pity they couldn't protect my forehead and EARS...now it all makes sense.

Take it handy as we all know as you get older the recovery gets slower and slower :)

30/04/2015 - Rest

Unplanned rest day to close off the month. Life got in the way.

01/05/2015 - 8.6m @ 08:12 avg pace (2 sets of 5x200m @ 800m-1mile Race Pace with 200m Jog Recovery and 4mins between sets)

Had bumped this session from the previous day and was very tempted to dump it altogether. Was loaded with excuses but eventually got on with it. Rep were consistent but tight hamstring meant they were closer to 3k/5k pace that 800m/1mile pace. Better for having done than not. Rep splits were:

43/42/40/40/39/42/40/41/39/39

02/05/2015 - 7.3m @ 08:00 avg pace (General Aerobic)

Had the alarm set early to allow me to get a few miles in before volunteering at St Anne' parkrun. Rolled over when the alarm went off and I heard the nasty weather outside but the dog started whining so had to get up to let him out. Once I was up I decided to zip up the man suit and get on with it. The weather was harsh but enjoyed the run all the same.

A combination of marshalling, supporting, photography and coffee drinking completely my morning's work. Murph, Annapr, Bungy Girl and Mrs FBOT (who also ran) were among this morning volunteers in St Anne's while Ferris and Helenanne were among the 129 hardy souls that took part. Fairplay to all.

BTW Murph is looking "as fit as butcher's dog" as the race series announcer would put it :)

BTW Murph is looking "as fit as butcher's dog" as the race series announcer would put it :)

That'll be me after tomorrow's long run alright. :)

• Advertisement

03/05/2015 16.5m @ 08:02 avg pace (LR - Wings for Life)

Decided to join Ferris for the Wings for Life today. Arrived early and got signed up pretty easily. Glad we took the early option as there was some serious queueing a little later on. No real plan other than Ferris wanted to get passed the Half Marathon point before getting caught. That meant a pace of anything quicker than 8:20/mile and we were sorted. Caught up with Marthastew and few others before the off. Killerz and CL were front and centre both toeing the line ready to give it a right go from the off.

Lovely day for it and the whole thing was very well supported and organised. Plenty of banter and craic along the way with Super Joe, Digger and Meno all out supporting and in fine voice.

Some serious hills to be negotiated but I enjoyed pretty much every bit of this. With no real pressure we even stopped at a couple of water stations to take on water rather than fart around trying to drink from cups on the go.

It got interesting when the warning car caught us to tell us that the catcher car was closing in. The natural instinct was to speed up and not to give up to easily so we threw in a 06:54 mile 16. With Ferris still on the comeback trail we decided that maybe that wasn't our best idea ever and rowed it back a little before being caught just short of 27km.

The journey back took nearly as long as the run as it was almost the 38km mark before the bus was full and could turn for home.

Great day, great event and great cause. Thanks to all involved........and congrats to CL who was lead woman (9th overall) and to Killerz who was 7th overall. Both managed to get to c40km which was no mean feat on that course. Would certainly do this event again.

04/05/2015 - 4m @ 09:38 avg pace (Recovery with dog)

05/05/2015 - 7.3m @ 08:06 avg pace (General Aerobic - Easy)

In Cork for the week with work. Got these in along the River down by the Mardyke. Lovely spot for running. Right Glute and Hamstring very tight.

06/05/2015 - 4m @ 09:23 avg pace (Recovery)

Late night painful recovery run along the Lee again.

07/05/2015 - 7.33m @ 07:33 avg pace (VO2 Max - 3x1000m @5k pace with 50% Time Interval Jog Recovery)

As I was staying right beside the Mardyke track I decided to try it for this session. First time ever running on a track or at least that I can remember. New and interesting experience. Jury is still out on whether I like it. Was glad that I was under time pressure so had to cut thsi at 3 reps rather than the 6 that was in the plan. Target pace was 05:45 min/mile. Actuals were 05:45/05:54/05:48. Legs still very tight, rights side in particular.

08/05/2015 - Rest

Long work day and didn't get back to the big smoke til late.

09/05/2015 - 5m @ 07:54 avg pace (General + Speed - 6x12sec Hills followed by 6x100m Strides) plus parkrun St Anne's 19:22

Got out early and did my speed session before heading over to St Anne's. Ended up running parkrun a little faster than I had planned. Yaboya made his return to action with a bit of 25min pacing while Killerz lead the way with the 20min baton.

10/05/2015 - 11.6m @ 08:05 (General Aerobic - Easy)

Jumped at the chance to join Murph for a few miles during his MP session. Great to the have the Company as not sure I would have gotten out if I hadn't made arrangement. Right glute and hammer still not good but loosen out a bit as we went.

11/05/2015 - Rest

12/05/2015 - 7.3m @ 08:26 avg pace (General Aerobic - Easy)

This should have been 9 but gave up the ghost when I could get any quicker than 08:30 without my right hamstring biting. Felt like a golf ball was lodged in the middle of it. Plenty of stretching before and after but still not good.

13/05/2015 - 5m @ 09:00 avg pace (Recovery)

Headed to the physio to get the hamstring seen too. 8 needles later I headed home a little tender and with a list of hamstring loading exercises to do. Got a few easy recovery miles in later in the evening just to keep the blood flowing.

Had been considering giving Terenure a lash but no point risking the hamstring at this point.

14/05/2015 - Rest

Couldn't be ar$ed.

15/05/2015 - 7m @ 08:26 avg pace (General Aerobic - Easy)

Another one to keep it ticking over. Hamstring felt a little better but I would say it will be all easy running for the next week or so. That might help clear up a few other niggles that have been hanging around for the last few weeks as well.

16/05/2015 - 7.8m @ 08:40 avg pace (General Aerobic - Easy)

Rehab in full flow. Best of luck to anyone running in Terenure tomorrow.

Jaypers, M, didn't realise the niggle was bothering you for that long. Definitely a good decision to sit it out tomorrow. Like I was saying today, I've had some of those leg/glute symptoms related to disc issue so I'd get seen to again ASAP.

17/05/2015 - Rest

Out supporting in Terenure. Some great performance and solid PB from plenty of folks from around here including Mrs FBOT

18/05/2015 - Rest

Physio appointment. Came home with so many things to do I had to email the physio late in the evening to make sure I had them all right.

19/05/2015 - 9m @ 08:31 avg pace (General Aerobic - Easy)

I have had easier run.

20/05/2015 - 6.1m @ 07:38 avg pace (Race Pace Intervals)

This should have been 10m w/2 sets of (1,600m, 1,200m, 1,000m) @ 8k-10k race pace. Time was against me and I only got one full set plus the second 1,600 done. Pace was way off where it should have been but I was conscious of a lot going on at the moment with the physio so will cut myself some slack on that basis.

Pace for the reps I did were 06:30, 06:43, 06:04 and 06:29....they should have been all at 06:00 or less :(

21/05/2015 - 11.34m @ 07:52 avg pace

Had to force myself out for this one but when I did it turned out to be one of the better runs that I have had over the last while.

22/05/2015 -2.82m @ 09:49 avg pace (Recovery with Dog)

It was a warm evening and the dog over heated pretty quickly so we canned it after just less than 3 miles.

23/05/2015 - 4.2m parkrun wu including 6x100m strides, parkrun St Anne's (20:49), 2.15 parkrun cd.........total 9.25m

Terry049 is in training for a charity world record attempt in the Waterford Marathon (see www.theoshope4sound.org for details if you are interested). He running it in a bottle costume and has a target of 3:31 to take the record of fastest marathon in a bottle costume. As part of his training he came along to parkrun St Anne's on Saturday to provide a 21 minute pacing service in the bottle :)

I ran with him to keep him company. He was dead on the money in his pacing duties and brought a couple a happy punters in on target. Fairplay Terry. If any of you see him in the Cork half or the Waterford Full over the next few weeks make sure to give him a shout out.

24/05/2015 - 11.70m @ avg pace 07:59 (Progressive)

Went back to the old 3 section Progressive MLR/LR structure from last year. Broke the planned 12 into 3 Sections of 4miles each. Effort was progressive but pace wasn't as progressive as it should have been due to the route picked and the winds encountered. Enjoyed the run all the same. Don't want to speak to soon but body felt like it might be coming together again.

25/05/2015 - Rest

Back to the physio. A bit more work done and another pile of exercise to work on. Progress is definitely being made and I am hoping to be able to get some quality and intensity back into my training over the next couple of weeks.

26/05/2015 8.7m @ 08:01 avg pace (General Aerobic w/2 sets of 4x150m Strides)

Joined Ferris for this one as we had similar plan for today. Did the strides in St Anne's. All good. No issues to note with Hamstrings.

27/05/2015 7.9m @ 08:16 avg pace (General Aerobic - Easy)

28/05/2015 7.1m @ 09:15 avg pace (Recovery)

The plan had this week as an easy week going towards a tune-up 5k at the weekend. Also kicked off my new stretching/flexibility routine this evening. I read an article by Ger Hartmann on AIS in the most recent Irish Runner magazine. In it he recommends his "10 Perfect" stretches so I have decided to go with this routine as my daily flexibility regime and see if it can help reduce my daily aches and pains and my risk of injury.

29/05/2015 4.3 @ 09:59 (Recovery)

Joined Mrs FBOT for a few recovery miles.

30/05/2015 2.4m @ 07:54 avg pace (parkrun Warm-Up) plus St Anne's parkrun (18:58)

Found out big time this morning in St Anne's. After a couple of miles warm-up and a few strides legs felt like jelly so wasn't too sure about how this would go. When I lined up at first I had talked myself into just going through the motions of a sub 20 then I noticed I was standing beside the first lady of St Anne's parkrun (she has been 1st lady on all 23 occasions that she has run and pretty much all have been sub 18). I decided to change plan and go off at her pace and see how long I could hold on. Only managed just over 2kms before my body and mind said no. Next km was like a recovery after a hard tempo run and the next place runner pasted me here. There was nobody else within range so I just finished it out in a half ar$e fashion with a bit of a push at the end to sneak under 19. The first lady was once more first lady in a time of 17:30. I was never getting there today but probably could have forced another 15/20 secs out of it if I had been pushed in the last km by someone hunting me down.

I have a lot of work to do over the next couple of weeks to try to build the speed endurance and I can't afford to miss any more sessions if I am to have any chance at sub 30 in the Irish Runner.

31/05/2015 Rest

01/06/2015 10m @ 07:41 avg pace (Progression)

Lovely morning run. Broke it down into the usual 3 section with a target 4:3:3 @ 08:00/07:40/07:20 avg paces. Hitting the paces I was looking for. All felt reaosnable comfortable and really enjoyed this run........day 5 of the new stretching routine and maybe it is just the mind playing tricks but legs feel looser already and general movement pains/stiffness appears less. Long may it last :)

Broke the 1,000 mile barrier for 2015 YTD during this one which coincidentally was the exact same day as I broke it last year :cool:

02/06/2015 9m @ 08:12 avg pace (General Aerobic - Easy)

Very pleasant evening run up as far as Albert College and back. First half was uphill and into the wind but got the benefit on the way back. Kept effort pretty consistent throughout and didn't bother too much with the watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

You must teach me that 'half ar$e effort with a bit of a push' for 5ks the next time i see you!!!

tang1 wrote: »
    You must teach me that 'half ar$e effort with a bit of a push' for 5ks the next time i see you!!!

yeah, no kidding... and 'going through the motions of a sub 20...' pffft...

what he's really doing is sounding casual so nobody notices that he was chicked... again :D

yeah, no kidding... and 'going through the motions of a sub 20...' pffft...

what he's really doing is sounding casual so nobody notices that he was chicked... again :D

I was in no way casual. I was focked by half way:eek:

FYI I started behind her so she never passed me and hence I wasn't chicked :P

And there was me being nice to you, Anna, and not highlighting the serious sandbagging that was going on over on your log....won't be doing that again.

Gave up too easily too early, B. If I had have run properly I should not have had anything left to push.

• Advertisement

03/06/2015 10.17m @ 07:48 avg pace (VO2 Max w/3x1200 & 3x800 @ 5k RP 50-90% RI)

Headed out the coast for this one but a problem with the ball of my left foot convinced me to reroute to St Anne's and do this session on the grass. The softer surface did the job and the pain was significantly lessened.

Best of my 5K PB 5K RP should be just under 5:50min/m. After Saturdays efforts I knew this would be a tall order so the plan was just to hammer each rep and see how I got on. Effort level were high and I didn't get down the target pace but did get closer than the last session of this type and I also stuck with the task and completed all the reps. Paces were as follows:

1200's 06:01/06:04/06:04
    800's 05:57/06:06/06:14

Had to take a a little walk break after the last one. I was proper focked but recovered quite quickly.

04/06/2015 11.22m @ 07:40 avg pace (MLR - Progression)

First run in a while that ever mile was sub 8mins. Usual progression format and felt strong throughout.

05/06/2015 2.16m @ 08:44 avg pace & 5.39m @ 08:24 avg pace (Recovery)

A couple of recovery miles with my youngest were followed by a few miles with Yaboya. Two nice runs in company and I can vouch for the fact that Yaboya is indeed back in the saddle and bouncing along nicely.

06/06/2015 9.09m @ 08:14 avg pace (w/2 sets of 6x100m Strides)

Long week starting to take it toll. Took the general aerobic bit at the lower end of the range but nailed the strides even the ones into the wind. First time in a while I have been on the toes and flat out.

07/06/2015 13.4m @ 07:55 avg pace (MLR - Progression)

This run brought end to my first +70m week of the year. I could feel the miles in my legs so didn't over do the progression element of these. Stayed at the slower ends of the range. Pretty knackered later in the day. Took the bike out with the dog rather than walk. Bumped into Duanington who was trotting around St Anne's on his evening recovery run. Quick catch up before we went on our merry way.......all good in the hood.

Full week of stretching in the bag as well........hopefully I can keep at it as it definitely has a positive impact :)

03/06/2015 10.17m @ 07:48 avg pace (VO2 Max w/3x1200 & 3x800 @ 5k RP 50-90% RI)

Headed out the coast for this one but a problem with the ball of my left foot convinced me to reroute to St Anne's and do this session on the grass. The softer surface did the job and the pain was significantly lessened.

Best of my 5K PB 5K RP should be just under 5:50min/m. After Saturdays efforts I knew this would be a tall order so the plan was just to hammer each rep and see how I got on. Effort level were high and I didn't get down the target pace but did get closer than the last session of this type and I also stuck with the task and completed all the reps. Paces were as follows:

1200's 06:01/06:04/06:04
    800's 05:57/06:06/06:14

Had to take a a little walk break after the last one. I was proper focked but recovered quite quickly.

04/06/2015 11.22m @ 07:40 avg pace (MLR - Progression)

First run in a while that ever mile was sub 8mins. Usual progression format and felt strong throughout.

05/06/2015 2.16m @ 08:44 avg pace & 5.39m @ 08:24 avg pace (Recovery)

A couple of recovery miles with my youngest were followed by a few miles with Yaboya. Two nice runs in company and I can vouch for the fact that Yaboya is indeed back in the saddle and bouncing along nicely.

06/06/2015 9.09m @ 08:14 avg pace (w/2 sets of 6x100m Strides)

Long week starting to take it toll. Took the general aerobic bit at the lower end of the range but nailed the strides even the ones into the wind. First time in a while I have been on the toes and flat out.

07/06/2015 13.4m @ 07:55 avg pace (MLR - Progression)

This run brought end to my first +70m week of the year. I could feel the miles in my legs so didn't over do the progression element of these. Stayed at the slower ends of the range. Pretty knackered later in the day. Took the bike out with the dog rather than walk. Bumped into Duanington who was trotting around St Anne's on his evening recovery run. Quick catch up before we went on our merry way.......all good in the hood.

Full week of stretching in the bag as well........hopefully I can keep at it as it definitely has a positive impact :)

Good to see you getting back into it M.

What's wrong with your bag that it needed stretching :)

TbL

Good to see you getting back into it M.

What's wrong with your bag that it needed stretching :)

TbL

LOL I actually changed that line twice to reduce your come back options, C. I thought the first version which read "Full week of stretching in the bag as well........hopefully I can keep it up as it definitely works." would make it too easy for you :P

reduce your come back options, C.

And then you go feed him a line like that!!

LOL I actually changed that line twice to reduce your come back options, C. I thought the first version which read "Full week of stretching in the bag as well........hopefully I can keep it up as it definitely works." would make it too easy for you :P

there's a pair a yiz in it...

there's a pair a yiz in it...

Who wants to respond to that one, Gents?

OK, OK back to the running. Heading out now for an easy 9 miler around Dublin's Fair City. Looks like a lovely evening for a run. If you are heading out enjoy!!

• Advertisement

09/06/2015 10.22m @ 08:05 avg pace (General Aerobic w/10x150m Strides)

It was indeed a lovely evening for a run and my 9 miler turned into just over 10 as a result.

10/06/2015 8.2m @ 07:58 (General Aerobic - Easy)

Loved this run. Fully engaged pretty much all the way and the pace never varied more than a couple of seconds either side of the average.

11/06/2015 7.1m @ 09:19 avg pace (Recovery)

Felt tougher than it should have. Did most of it on the grass where I could for maximum recovery

12/06/2015 4m @ 09.01 avg pace (Recovery)

Another easy recovery run on the grass along the Clontarf seafront.

Still sticking with the stretching and still feeling the benefits..........why did it take me 4+ years to get on board this band wagon :confused:

You doing Kilbride next week M?

You doing Kilbride next week M?

Afraid not, B. Irish Runner 5mile is the goal race for this cycle so timing of Kilbride doesn't work. Although I was very tempted to try to defend my title. You doing it?

Afraid not, B. Irish Runner 5mile is the goal race for this cycle so timing of Kilbride doesn't work. Although I was very tempted to try to defend my title. You doing it?

Was looking at races and seen it was on next week, was tempted to enter but seen sense. Trying not to race this month and build the fitness.

13/06/2015 parkrun St Anne's (5th - 18:29) w/2.9m WU and 1.5n CD

This week's plan was all geared towards another 5k Tune-up Race so off I went to St Anne's parkrun again. Got in a decent warm-up before saying Hello to a few of the usual suspects including Yaboya who was pacing and Annapr who was sandbagging. Legs felt a little weaker than I would have like but lined up at the front with a plan to hold 6min pace for the first lap and push on from there if I could. After the first bend I was in 8th and decided that the best way to run would be to commit to finishing no worse than 8th and hopefully, pick up few places along the way. Two of those places were picked up before the 1km mark and I was on the shoulder of the 5th place guy. Stayed this way for the next km and then moved into 5th. Next 2 guys were about 100m ahead. Held the gap for the next 1.5km and then tried to pick it up a little. 6th place was about 20/30m back and not getting any closer. Wasn't making any ground on the guys in front and as we moved onto the final straight neither guys in front seemed to be slowing and guy behind wasn't getting any closer. Held the pace but with little at stake it was hard to really push. When I got to the 400m line I looked over my shoulder and part of me wanted to see someone coming hard at me to see what I had left. There was nobody there so pushed as much as I thought I could but as we all know that is never as hard as you actually can when someone puts it up to you.

Good improvement in terms of commitment and effort from 2 weeks ago and that resulted in a 30sec drop in the time and a 5th place finish. Still plenty to do before the 27th!!

Splits : 06:01/06:07/06:01 + last bit at 04:41 pace if the watch is to be believed.

Finished off with a cool down in the company of Yaboya followed by coffee. The Fairview crew were busy celebrating a few nice PB's including another strong performance from the aforementioned Annapr under the watchful eye and guidance of aquinn and ably supported by Murph. Great running!

14/06/2015 10m @ 07:41 avg pace (Progression)

Stuck to my usual 3 Section progression structure for this one 4:3:3 with avg paces of 07:55/07:40/07:25.

Last section avg pace was negatively effected by the first mile which was uphill. I felt a squeeze in the left hamstring as I started up the uphill so eased back until I got passed the steeper part.

Still 100% on the stretching.

• Advertisement
Advertisement