Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Off the Fence....and looking to go sub 3 hrs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,499 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Great account of the race. Course knowledge really stood to you. Interesting that you felt no pain either - not sure if I buy the numb legs theory though. :D Wonderful run - very impressive to only lose 10 secs in mile 9. Looking good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Great report on a great run Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Really impressive stuff Mark, congrats and well done, you've trained and worked hard for that PB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jake1970

Great report and congrats on the PB, you really are flying at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

I had to sit down with a cuppa to read that :) super report & what a fantastically well run race, your training is really paying off. Can't wait to see what you do in Boston M. Brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,447 ✭✭✭FBOT01

Thanks for all the good wishes and congratulations, Folks. Back to reality now.................:pac::pac:

07/03/2016 Monday 4.21m @ 08:39 avg pace (Recovery) plus 1hr Pilates Class

No cool down after the race so decided to grab a few recovery miles before the drive back. Nice morning run into Shanagarry and back. 60mins Pilates in the evening as usual.

08/03/2016 Tuesday 9.16m @ 08:01 avg pace (GA w/10x100m) plus 90mins Yoga/Pilates Class

Buffer week behind me so back to the plan and T-5. No hangover from weekends efforts.

09/03/3016 Wednesday 15.2m @ 08:00 avg pace (MLR w/Hill of Howth)

Another midweek trot up to the Summit and back. Lovely evening for a run.

10/03/2016 Thursday 7.65m @ 08:14 avg pace (Recovery)

Joined Yaboya for a few miles this evening so while pace was a little quicker than it should have been for a recovery run but having company meant it all felt pity relaxed and easy.

11/03/2016 Friday 12.11m @ 07:35 avg pace (LT w/2x3m @ HMP)

This should have been 12 w/7 @ 10m/HM Pace but given that the weekend efforts seemed to be catching up on me I wasn't sure how it would go. I decided to just run and ignore the watch. I was looking to see if I could find the effort from Sunday race but it wasn't to be found. I was working hard but was never as comfortable as Sunday. That's the difference between racing in company and pounding the seafront solo I suppose. In mile 3 of the LT miles, I had some serious stomach cramping and decided to pull the plug on the LT miles. I continued on out to Sutton and when the pains subsided I decided to change the session so after a 1m recovery I went with another 3m LT on the way back. Stomach had settled and didn't cause me any major discomfort on the way back. Never really found a great rhythm though as can be seen from the LT splits below.

Rep 1 : 06:42/06:29/06:26
    Rep 2 : 06:42/06:34/06:32

Shattered when I got home and took a 30min power nap on the couch before even hitting the shower. Early night followed.

12/03/2016 Saturday parkrun St Anne's (22:11) plus 3m wu

A nice easy parkrun followed by some volunteering. Just making up the numbers in my aim to get to 50 parkrun during 2016. Lovely morning for it with over 400 in attendance included Bungy Girl, LauraAC, Meno, Ferris, PJD and Toulouse to name but a few.

13/03/2016 Sunday 23m @ 07:50 avg pace (LR)

Planned 21m ended up being 23m by time I finished. 7m over to the PP before linking up with Murph for his 14m @ MP which suited me fine. Long runs in company are always easier. Ferris was a no show for the off.....he's getting old and needed a lie-in.....but he did manage to drag himself out of the scratcher to join us around mile 5. Lovely morning and as always plenty of chat and not just from me as those two might try to claim. Murph seemed happy enough throughout the MP section and put us in our box during the last MP mile when he basically told us to get our finger out and pick up the pace. Duly obliged ;) We finished off with a couple of easy miles back to the visitors centre for coffee, cake and more chat in the courtyard. Thanks for the company gents.

All went to plan. Only minor issue was that my right calf felt very tight when I got up and had to stretch it out before I headed out. A sniper then took a shot at it in mile 2 but missed and it settle down after that. I was probably a little shy with my water intake over the last few days and this was just a warning shot for the weeks to come.

What are you doing on Wednesday week #14milesatmprunbuddy :D

Firedance wrote: »
    What are you doing on Wednesday week #14milesatmprunbuddy :D

15 MLR for me. Happy to do it at Murph's MP if you want to join me :pac::pac:

FBOT01 wrote: »
    15 MLR for me. Happy to do it at Murph's MP if you want to join me :pac::pac:

That's probably as achievable as doing it at my mp :D:D

You guys are 5 weeks out - where has the time gone???

• Advertisement

That's probably as achievable as doing it at my mp :D:D

You guys are 5 weeks out - where has the time gone???

Time flies when you are having fun :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭MisterDrak

12/03/2016 Saturday parkrun St Anne's (22:11) plus 3m wu

Was down myself on Saturday morning. Must say hello next time :)

MisterDrak wrote: »
    Was down myself on Saturday morning. Must say hello next time :)

Please do. I see you bagged yourself a St Anne's PB with your sub 20. On one leg too. Well done:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Sounds like a good run yesterday. I actually passed ye near the Chapelizod Gate as ye were coming from the Furry Glen. At that stage I was tagging along with two Clonliffe runners for a couple of miles, following a chance encounter at the top of the Military Hill. Definitely a lot easier running with company!

Sounds like a good run yesterday. I actually passed ye near the Chapelizod Gate as ye were coming from the Furry Glen. At that stage I was tagging along with two Clonliffe runners for a couple of miles, following a chance encounter at the top of the Military Hill. Definitely a lot easier running with company!

Actually when we passed you I said it to Murph that I thought that it might have been you but you were well hidden amongst the 5 women so wasn't sure. Hope you had a good run. It was a great morning for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭Wubble Wubble

Delighted with how it went. In general I'm happy with how things are going in preparation for the Connemara HM. I'm running the Brian Boru 10 mile again in the meantime. Great to see your own hard work bringing its rewards!

Delighted with how it went. In general I'm happy with how things are going in preparation for the Connemara HM. I'm running the Brian Boru 10 mile again in the meantime. Great to see your own hard work bringing its rewards!

Cheers J. Glad to hear all going to plan. Might see you at BB10 if not good luck with it and with Connemara. ENJOY!!!

14/03/2016 Monday Rest Day with 60mins Pilates Class

Welcome rest day. Calves a bit crampy during Pilates Class but benefited from the workout.

15/03/2016 Tuesday 9m @ 07:50 avg pace (VO2Max w/5x600 @ 5K pace RI75) plus 90mins Yoga Class

Did the intervals on Griffith Ave between Swords Road and The Rise. Odd numbers were slightly uphill and into whatever breeze was there which wasn't much and probably wouldn't have even noticed it if I wasn't doing intervals.

As I was on my way to Yoga I was carrying a backpack for this one. It is a small enough backpack and was pretty light but still not ideal for intervals.

Ran the first one too quick and never really found a zone after that. Was struggling to hang towards the end of each one especially the last one. The rest interval was probably a bit tight but got them done which is the main thing.

Watch was in miles so intervals were set as 0.38 miles. Spilts were as follows: 02:02/02:12/02:08/02:11/02:15. Excluding the first one the paces were all in the right zone.

16/03/2015 Wednesday

Sh!t just got real..........Bib no 4827 Wave 1 Corral 5

16/03/2015 Wednesday 15m @ 08:03 avg pace (MLR w/Hill of Howth)

Another pleasant evening midweek run up to the Summit and back.

Quad and calves a little bit tight on the way out and hamstrings a bit crampy over the last couple of miles. Nothing major just more for the watch list :)

• Advertisement

17/03/2016 Thursday 7.4m @ 08:35 avg pace (Recovery)

Very pleasant run in the company of my sister's dog. The legs felt the hangover of the previous night's trip to Howth. Everything felt worse today than after the weekend's long run. I think the VO2 Max on Tuesday may have been the biggest contributor to the tightness. Skipped the planned strides.

18/03/2016 Friday 6m @ 08:39 avg pace (Recovery)

Another recovery run in the company of my sister's dog. He is still young and naive enough to light up when I show up in my running gear. As opposed to my own dog who for the last couple of years now disappears into his bed and hopes I don't call him to go with me when he sees me with the running gear on..........youth (2yrs) v's old age (12yrs) :)

BTW nothing wrong with my dog. He is full of beans if he sees me in my walking boots and reaching for the walking jacket. It's just that his view on running at this stage is "I am too old for that sh1t!" :D

19/03/2016 Saturday 18m @ 07:46 (LR including Hill of Howth and St Anne's parkrun (20:21))

Speaking of old age I decided to scrap the tune-up race in the P&D plan and bring forward my LR to join Ferris for a trot up to Howth. We then headed to St Anne's parkrun and took up prime position to witness another elder statesman in the form of Murph smash through the 21 min barrier for 5k. Great run from Murph. He committed to the GO HARD or GO HOME concept from the start and hung on well for a well deserved PB. Finished off with the usual coffee, cake and chat in the company of among others the aforementioned Ferris and Murph as well as Laura AC3 who was on marshalling today for her sins.

20/03/2016 Sunday 11.2m @ 07:30 avg pace (MLR - progressive)

Wasn't sure what to do this morning. Previously when I have dumped tune-up races I have replaced them with LT sessions but that's normally before an LR rather than after it. So with 18 miles in the legs from yesterday including a sub-MP parkrun to finish out I decided an LT would not be the thing to do. Instead I decided just to go out and run the balance of the weekly recommended mileage and to let the legs go with the flow. After really struggling to get out of the bed I had no expectation from this run. However, as I got out the door into a beautiful morning for running I felt great. Trotted along happy as Larry with little or no reference to the watch. Knew I was going a little fast but given the fact I had dropped a tune-up race over the weekend I was happy just to run at whatever speed I was comfortable.

Spent the rest of the day tearing down stud walls and kicking in ceiling in my brother's house as he prepared for the builders. Nothing like a bit of demolition work to cleanse the soul :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

At this stage, whats the thoughts on the P&D plan for the Marathon?

Didn't you follow P&D previously? Any bastardisation of the plan going on (apart from dumping tuneup races)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

I know how your old dog feels :D

At this stage, whats the thoughts on the P&D plan for the Marathon?

Didn't you follow P&D previously? Any bastardisation of the plan going on (apart from dumping tuneup races)

This is my 4th cycle doing a P&D plan. I started with the 18 week up to 55 and then did 2 cycles of the 18 week 55-70 in 2014 before Berlin. I like them as they have a good mix of MP runs, solid midweek runs, tempo and VO2Max without being over loaded with really fast stuff that might tip the creaking body over the edge.

I had gone back on the same 18 weeker for DCM last year before pulling the plug due to injury. I don't think the injury was P&D related. It was more down to me not looking after the extras like flexibility and strength work.

This time I am on the 12 week 55-70 version as I didn't think I was ready to jump back in 18 week out so took a few more weeks of base building before committing.

I pretty much stick to the plan each cycle other then the normal juggling to fit in the odd race or work in some real life occasions. Although the one thing I have never done is the tune-up races as prescribed but that was more down to scheduling than a particular objection to doing the races. As long as I get a couple of good races in at some stage during the cycle that enough for me.

I definitely like the 12 week option I think it will be the way I will go in the future as long I am keeping up the base mileage levels at other times of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Mrs Mc

annapr wrote: »

+ 1 to that :)

21/03/2016 Monday Double Recovery Day

AM 6m @ 08:40 avg pace (Lunchtime Recovery)

PM 4m @ 09:04 avg pace (Recovery) plus 60mins Pilates Class

Did exactly what it said on the tin. Nothing to see here.

• Advertisement

22/03/2016 11m @ 07:46 avg pace (VO2 Max 6x1000 @ 5k Pace RI140) plus 90mins Yoga/Pilates Class

Decided that anything under 18min 5k pace would do. Youngest join me for 3m before heading home while I head on out the coast to do the faster stuff between the Causeway and Sutton.

Watch was set-up for the intervals so didn't need to bother with it other than to start and stop each interval when it beeped. Rep 1 and 2 were outward with 3 and 4 back in and then 5 out and 6 back. First one was a bit of struggle to get going and my right hip felt quite strange. It seemed to be kicking out a little which was resulting in my foot turning in and somewhat restricted flow to my stride. Loosened out by the end of the first rep which was definitely the hardiest one of the session. Worked hard throughout rep 1 and 2 and took no notice of the watch just focused on effort and form. The same for rep 3 and 4. I found a much better rhythm for the 2nd two.

I decided to check the watch at the halfway point of each of the last two reps just to confirm I was in the right zone and didn't want to end up looking at Strava later and regretting not checking and pushing harder. Both halfway checks showed 5:5x so I was in the right zone alright. Rep 5 was tough but I knew I only had one more after it and rep 6 involved a little hanging on in the middle section but finished strong and pretty wiped but content with my effort.

Splits for reps were : 03:42/03:35/03:35/03:36/03:37/03:37 equivalent paces per mile are 05:58/05:47/05:46/05:48/05:50/05:50

24/03/2016 Wednesday 15m @ 08:04 avg pace (MLR with Hill of Howth)

Continued the midweek pilgrimage MLR to Howth. Happy just to let the legs run at their own pace as long as I felt they were not being too lazy. Turned out to be in and around 08:00 pace which was perfectly acceptable after a good session last night. Another very enjoyable run in the lovely location on a pleasant evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

Great session M, no hangover from park run jog at end of LR:D

Very nice and consistent when you got going (and even before you got going). What do you think the deal with hip is?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Nice going there M, great consistency on those reps and then a not too shabby 15 miler over Howth Head....you're in great shape

Murph_D wrote: »
    Very nice and consistent when you got going (and even before you got going). What do you think the deal with hip is?

I think the hip thing was just some kind of stiffness in either the hip flexor or glute that made it feel like it just wasn't sitting or releasing right. Loosened out OK and got a good going over in yoga/pilates class afterwards.

No repeat on yesterday's MLR. Sports massage this evening so that should sort anything that needs sorting :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

annapr wrote: »
    Mrs Mc wrote: »
    + 1 to that :)

I have visions of ye hiding under your beds when the men get their running gear out....

Dubgal72 wrote: »
    I have visions of ye hiding under your beds when the men get their running gear out....

Wilmaaaaaa!!!!

Dubgal72 wrote: »

How did you know !!!

Thursday 24/03/2016 6m @ 07:48 avg pace (General Aerobic)

Should have been 8 but 6 is all I could fit in and real life got in the way. Had a sports massage in the evening. Both hip flexors and right ITB were "jump off the bed" tight. Quite tender for the rest of the evening. These were most like the trigger the previous nights issue.

Friday 25/03/2016 6m @ 09:01 avg pace (Recovery)

Early morning walk with the dog just to get the legs loosened out as they were still quite sore from the work done on them last night. Headed up around the trails/grass in St Anne's at lunchtime to get in today's planned recovery miles. As the day has gone on the legs have continued to settle down.

26/03/2016 Saturday 20m @ 07:54 avg pace (including Hill of Howth/St Anne's parkrun (23min pacing))

Another early morning trip to Howth then took the "lumpy" route back to St Anne's through Baldoyle/Donaghmeade/Raheny to finish off with a 23min pacing gig @ St Anne's parkrun.

As usual I was a little slow to wake up but settled into it after an hour or so. As has become the norm this year I only used the watch to check pace periodically rather than trying to run to a watch pace. I knew based on the effort that I was in the right zone so didn't mind which end of it I was. Also have pre committed to 23 min pacing in St Anne's so I knew I would be finishing with a few miles at the lower end of the LR pace zone anyway. I find parkrun a great way to finish off these long runs and keep me focused to the end.

Had a vision of a lovely morning enjoying the views from Howth through my shades. Got something a little more character building include a cold, wet and windy accent to the Summit. Was reminded more of the Fat Turkey on Stephen's Day than the glorious blue sky of yesterday.

Great to see aquinn out and about as she joined the volunteer crew in St Anne's for the morning. Loads of other friendly faces among the 240+ parkrunners out this morning. Coffee, cake and chat should have brought week t-3 to an end..............until I loaded up the watch and Strava told me that I had only done 69 miles in what should have been a 70 mile week :eek:

you're going back out to do 2 miles, right? RIGHT???!*

*in case you think my maths is off you need to do 71 miles in a 70 mile week :D

27/03/2016 Sunday 3.9m @ 09:00 avg pace (Recovery)

Extra little recovery run with the youngest to finish off week T-3 correctly ;)

3 weeks to race day.......let the madness begin. I jest because one of the things I like about P&D plans is that taper doesn't involve jumping off a cliff. It is just a gradual reduction in mileage but still involves running 6 days per week and has some intensive sessions right up until race week.

28/03/2016 Monday 8m @ 07:40 avg pace (VO2 Max w/5x600 @ 5K pace RI75)

Put this off til the evening and spent the morning in St Anne's supporting at Brian Boru 10 miler. Boardsies and parkrunners were out in great numbers both runners and supporting. I have never run this race but have supported at all 3 running to date. It might be relatively flat but it has never looked like a PB course to me with a huge amount of twists and turns and yesterday's wind made some stretches quite a struggle. Fairplay to anyone who PB's and there were quite a few.......for the same effort on a more straightforward course there is more to be had for you!! From a supporter point of view it is a great course as it if very compact and you can get to different viewing point quite easily. Pretty chilly hanging around yesterday thought and the coffee afterwards was very welcome.

The session in the evening went pretty much as expected. Felt knackered going out but once I got going all was good. As usual I did the faster stuff along the coast between the causeway and Sutton. First 2 reps were with the wind while the next 3 were back into it. 3rd one was probably a bit faster than expected given that it was back into the wind but there was a cyclist struggling into the wind that I just couldn't help but overtake :D

Splits for the 600s were as follows: 02:08/02:07/02:06/02:12/02:12

Paces showed as follows: 05:37/05:35/05:32/05:48/05:48

I was nicely focked at the end of the 5th. The rewards for my efforts was getting home before a nasty shower hit. I could see it coming up from the South all the way back in from Sutton and was glad to avoid it.

29/03/2016 Tuesday 12m @ 07:41 avg pace (MLR) plus 90 mins yoga/pilates

Headed up past DCU and back for this one. Zigzaging between Collins Ave and Griffith Ave to give me plenty of elevation changes along route. This route means you are never running more than a mile without an uphill or downhill section to interrupt the stride.

Good yoga/pilates class afterwards. Felt quite tired when I got home which I would expect at this stage in the proceedings.

30/03/2016 Wednesday 7.5m @ 08:10 avg pace (Recovery)

Nice evening jaunt around a local route with the ever bouncy Duanington. Enjoyed the chat and was so relaxed I forgot to even start the watch. Had to cog details for D. Faster than normal recovery pace but effort felt pretty recovery like for most of it.

Main event of the day was the arrival of my Runner's Passport for Boston in the post........my daughter described my expression on picking up the envelope with the BAA postmark as like a kid at Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭Kennyg71

Overtaking cyclist up hills and now into wind, know your not a tri fan but have pity on them:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭annapr

Kennyg71 wrote: »
    Overtaking cyclist up hills and now into wind, know your not a tri fan but have pity on them:D

I'm sure he shoots them a pitying look as he goes past :D

• Advertisement

31/03/2016 Thursday 5.7m @ 08:57 avg pace (Recovery)

Gentle recovery run in the company of Ferris B. A couple of pinches in the Left Hamstring during mile 5. Felt like fatigue type niggle that I have had before.

01/04/2016 Friday 5.5m @ 08:23 avg pace (Recovery w/strides)

Did this along the grass on the seafront with the strides thrown in during mile 5. Strides were more surges than sprints as hamstring still niggly.

02/04/2016 Saturday 9.7m @ 07:15 avg pace (General Aerobic)

Woke up with what felt like DOMS in my left hamstring and glute :confused:

Skipped the tune race option again as I was happy to let life get in the way of it.

Headed out in the afternoon after a bit of rolling and just ran. Planned to throw in a few MP effort miles along the way which I did on mile 5-8. Not quite MP pace but close enough and effort felt OK. Legs loosening out OK with one bit when I started to pick up the pace. It didn't cause me any real problem but certainly remained on my mind for the run.

03/04/2016 Sunday 19.5m @ 07:54 avg pace (LR - easy)

Took the option of a lie in and headed out late morning for this. Did a zigzag up to Finglas then on up through Tolka River Park into the PP back down the Kyber and then back home via North Circular. Nature had been screaming for a while so availed of the facilities in the Yacht and jumped on the bus home. 19.5m was already 2.5m more than the plan so happy to jack it in and avoid the rain.

Pace was easy so leg didn't cause me any problem but did bite me a couple of times on the uphill sections.

T-2 closed off with a few more miles than I was supposed to. Also looked at the training log on Strava and noticed that I only took one rest day in March so agreed with myself to start proper taper during week T-1.

BTW all or any comments above in relation to Hamstring are for my own future record rather than looking for sympathy or accusations of sandbagging :p

How are you feeling about it M? You've had a great training cycle, you're in good shape for sub 3, I hope you're feeling confident :)

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Ferris B

31/03/2016 Thursday 5.7m @ 08:57 avg pace (Recovery)

Gentle recovery run in the company of Ferris B. A couple of pinches in the Left Hamstring during mile 5.

Well, you were too slow....and my motivational speaking obviously wasn't working so had to resort to physical tactics..Didn't expect you to share it on boards though.:D

Easy does it, M. The work is all done. You know best but no need for undue risk between now and the big day.

How are you feeling about it M? You've had a great training cycle, you're in good shape for sub 3, I hope you're feeling confident :)

He better bleedin do it this time ! He's taking up knitting then :)

I am buzzing for it, AM :)
    Ferris B wrote: »
    Well, you were too slow....and my motivational speaking obviously wasn't working so had to resort to physical tactics..Didn't expect you to share it on boards though.:D

Well if Tang and TbL can be as open as they have been about their trips down the canal I don't think we need to be shy about a little pinch or two :P
    Murph_D wrote: »
    Easy does it, M. The work is all done. You know best but no need for undue risk between now and the big day.

No heroics here, D..........or at least not before the 18th :pac::pac:
    Mrs Mc wrote: »
    He better bleedin do it this time ! He's taking up knitting then :)

Dream on, Love :D

04/04/2016 Monday Rest with 60min Pilates Class

Well needed rest day with Pilates in the evening.

05/05/2016 Tuesday 8m @ 08:08 avg pace (General Aerobic - Easy) w/90mins Yoga/Pilates Class

Nice easy 8 miles in the company of Ferris B. Just an out and back along the seafront. Hamstring felt tight on the way out but grand on the way back.

Good yoga class afterwards with focus on shoulders and hips. Actually cycled to and from yoga as well so that was a nice easy 6 miles on the bike. Grand evening for it.

Decided to give the physio a shout and try to get a bit of dry needling on the hamstring and that did the trick in February when I had a similar issue. The cheek, she had only gone and gotten married last Friday and focked off on her Honeymoon. I'll be having words when she gets back :mad:

As an alternate I got on to the sports therapist and got an appointment for a massage on Thursday morning to be sure to be sure.

06/04/2016 Wednesday 4m @ 08:30 avg pace (Recovery)

Grand easy recovery run. No jip from the leg at this pace. Pity confident that it is just muscle fatigue which has exposed an ongoing weakness in left hamstring. Nothing a bit of TLC won't sort out. I am travelling with work on Friday and Saturday so will be taking those two days off so that should help big time.........also 24 hours in airports and on planes in the space of 50hours will give me plenty of time to read up on Boston course as well so race strategy should be all sorted by the time I return on Sunday :)

07/04/2016 Thursday Rest - unplanned

Early morning massage gave the left hammer a good going over. Did the full leg for good measure. Bounce off the table stuff so she definitely the spot. Threw on a couple of strips of Rocktape just for good measure.

I have plenty of miles in the bank so stick to walking the dog today and won't be packing the runners when I head away in the morning to avoid temptation. Back on Sunday so will do a few miles then to close off T -1 before heading into race week......if there was a jump up and down like a puppy looking for a treat I'd be using it here :D

In the words of The Pointer Sisters.....I'm so excited and I just can't hide it I'm about to lose control and I think I like it..... :pac::pac:

08/04/2016 Friday Rest - planned

09/04/2016 Saturday Rest - planned

Might as well log these now :)

if there was a jump up and down like a puppy looking for a treat I'd be using it here :D

Moving-picture-wiener-dog-animated-gif.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,272 ✭✭✭Dubgal72

Grand easy recovery run. No jip from the leg at this pace. Pity confident that it is just muscle fatigue which has exposed an ongoing weakness in left hamstring. Nothing a bit of TbL won't sort out.

You and me both! Enjoy the rest, rest is goooood. Keep saying that, you might actually start to believe it ;)

Advertisement