Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windy4monthold

Options
  • 13-01-2014 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

My little one is almost 4 months old and just started solids.. Since she's been a new born she's had terrible trouble with wind.. She burps just fine it's when its at the other end.. She can scream for an hour solid I just want to make her comfortable I have tried infacol and gripewater.. Originally I breastfed and currently formula feeding have used 3 different formulas and settled with cow and gate as it seems to be the easiest on her tummy... Any one have any experience with this.. I have talked to both my public health nurse and go about my concerns and bothbsay she will grow out of it...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

my 6 week old is the same. He's getting expressed milk.
    With him taking 4 - 5 oz every 2 or 3 hours we tried hungry baby formula for an evening feed but it made him worse and he still didnt go any longer to the next feed.

We use lactease in his bottles as babies have an enzyme missing that handles lactose.
    Im not sure theres an easy answer to it. Our first had 2 hours every evening. This one goes from about 9 pm to 1 or 2 and then just crashes for 4 hours till his next feed.
    We also have the head of the pram slightly up to prevent reflux.

They generally grow out of it but its hard watching them in so much pain and not being able to take it away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

My little one is almost 4 months old and just started solids.. Since she's been a new born she's had terrible trouble with wind.. She burps just fine it's when its at the other end.. She can scream for an hour solid I just want to make her comfortable I have tried infacol and gripewater.. Originally I breastfed and currently formula feeding have used 3 different formulas and settled with cow and gate as it seems to be the easiest on her tummy... Any one have any experience with this.. I have talked to both my public health nurse and go about my concerns and bothbsay she will grow out of it...

Our little boy was the same. I get angry with advice like 'they'll grow out of it'. It's just cruel to watch them in so much pain every night. I persisted with my gp and by accident saw a different doctor one day and the minute I explained about the rock hard tummy, screaming with the pain of passing wind she recognised the symptoms from her own daughter. Anyway, she suggested lactose sensitivity (not intolerance). I changed baby to SMA lactose free formula and the pain went overnight. He's 10 months now and still on lactose free but I do put cheese and milk into his solid food and so far he's been handling it fine do I think he's growing out of it (as doc suggested he would). Suggest changing formula to your gp and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Amicranky89

Seeing gp tomorrow and I'm going to ask about a lactose free formula.. Because I really think there has to be something causing it she's such a happy little girl most of the time so to see her so unconsolable is horrible... Thanks so much for the posts its just such a relief to know that there might be something to do that might help...

Advertisement