Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adidas Kanadia - 1/2 size bigger?

Options
  • 13-01-2014 11:41am

Pretty sure I've seen this before somewhere. Looking for off road runners, just got Walshs for the really open mountainsides and thinking of getting a new pair for the more trail based stuff. Have Asics that did really well, but Adidas Kanadia seem to get solid reviews, maybe not glowing but not many complaints, and seem like good value. Anyway, if I get them online, anyone know what they're like for sizing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭spurscormac

Adidas are reputed to have a narrow fit. I haven't gone near them in years for that reason so that's all I can say.
    If there's a lifestyle or elvery's near you, you could try them for fit.

Alternatively follow this link
    http://www.runningwarehouse.com/Inov-8_Trailroc_245/descpageMRS-I8TR245.html
    Find a shoe you know fits good & click on the show me how it fits to compare, with Adidas as brand & Kanadia as model you get a load of options of different Kanadia models.
    It then gives you a graphic as to how the shoe you know fits compared to the Kanadia.
    This kinda backwards as I can't find the Kanadia to use first and then use your known shoe as the comparison - so you'd have to reverse the results produced - i.e. if it shows looser than Kanadia, then what you're looking at is the Kanadia being tighter than your known shoe.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

make sure to get the latest version (not sure if they are on 4 or 5 now). The earlier versions had straight lugs all going in the same direction, side to side, which meant no lateral grip. I ended up on my hip a few times because of that. The newer versions have a better pattern with different lug shapes. Decent on the road too.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭geld

Yes go for a half size bigger than you normally take. Also make sure that they are version 5 which have the better grip as Paulie C outlines below.

Overall I am happy with them and use them for the same reasons as you with a more grippy Inov8 330 for the steeper hills.

Thanks for the answers, that runningwarehouse size gadget is gas!

Will go for the 5. Have read up a fair bit and it seems that for the expensive ones, for every great review there is someone saying "naaaa, didn't like them, uppers wore out, not grippy enough" etc. etc. Whereas with Kanadia (apart from the grip issue on some earlier models) there's a general "decent"...even if very few "outstanding". Just want something that will take me through the trails of Wicklow in March, a runner with more grip as opposed to the very aggressive grip of the classic mountain runners.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Will go for the 5. Have read up a fair bit and it seems that for the expensive ones, for every great review there is someone saying "naaaa, didn't like them, uppers wore out, not grippy enough" etc. etc. Whereas with Kanadia (apart from the grip issue on some earlier models) there's a general "decent"...even if very few "outstanding". Just want something that will take me through the trails of Wicklow in March, a runner with more grip as opposed to the very aggressive grip of the classic mountain runners.

For the price you'll be hard-pressed to get anything better, especially if they are not going to be used heavily.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

There is now a version 6.
    I ordered a pair yesterday so hopefully I will have them on Mon or Tues of next week and I'll do a bit of a "size check" for you.
    I'm a 10 in normal shoes and cycle shoes ,I ordered an 11 in the Kanadia so fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭carlaboi

Elverys are selling the 5 for €65 however they are defo a narrow fit, I tried them on during the week, Im normally a size 10.5. Tried the 11 and it was too tight. They didnt have 11.5 so had to go for asics instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Shoes arrived today.

Beautiful shoes, but very narrow fitting. I don't have a particularly wide foot but the size 11 is just right.
    They are a little long but are snug enough so that you foot will not move around.
    At a push I might have gotten away with a 1/2 size smaller but they would still be a 1/2 size larger than my normal casual or cycling shoes.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/809/vih5.jpg

Got mine from Pete Bland, went for a half size larger than usual and they are spot on.

Got Walsh runners for the more open mountain stuff and they are 8 and pretty tight, but got them cheap on EBay.

That's me shod for the season anyway for both trails and mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭bambergbike

I have a pair of these and have found them pretty good on icy roads as well as on muddy trails and in snow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Got a pair from adidas.ie They only had the 1/2 size bigger which fits fine and half the price too. Less than €33. Probably last year's model but who cares.

Advertisement