Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masters in Business and Law??

Options
  • 13-01-2014 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi folks,

I'm interested in the Masters in Business and Law offered by smurfit. Anybody know what this course is like/modules available/prospects afterward? Coming from a law background here so I'm looking for a more practical application instead of having to trawl through basics again. Would love to hear from people who have been through the programme already.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Kiltennel

As far as I can tell the 2014/15 academic year will be the first intake of students for the course as I've never seen it previously listed on the site. All the modules you will sit + the option modules are listed under the curriculum tab. http://www.smurfitschool.ie/ourcourses/masters/businessandlaw/mscinbusinessandlaw/duration,194477,en.html

Since next year will be their first intake destination data of graduates wont be available until late 2015 / early 2016. Under the careers tab they state the following
    Smurfit wrote:
    Graduates from this course will go on to careers with leading international law firms, with multinational professional services firms, as professional advisers and in-house counsel with major multinational businesses and as entrepreneurs in fields where outstanding knowledge of and engagement with international law and business are highly relevant."

Sounds about right, the business element of the course will help open up a traditional business role if you decide law isn't the route you want to pursue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 inkjoy

Really helpful, thanks Kiltennel

Advertisement