Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Is Lost

• 13-01-2014 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭

So who's seen it?

I saw it the other night, and I was completely exhausted after it!!!

It was VERY different - not a word spoken - that was what I found most unnerving, actually, I'd have been swearing like a trooper if only for my own benefit.

Hard to imagine how anyone ever thought you'd make a film of that story, with no backstory or background or external influences whatsoever! But I think it was a resounding success.

I was please to see that I noticed one of the only bloopers listed, my knowledge of sailing stood to me for something!

But all I've heard from sailors is them picking holes in it - why didn't he have an epirb, he stepped down into the liferaft tut tut, that sort of thing. I think sometimes if you know too much about a subject it can be a bad idea to watch a film about it!!!

Anyway - any other opinions out there? If ever there was a film made for us in this forum, this surely has to be it!!!

Comments

Advertisement