Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rocket's closed in Mahon Point?

Options
  • 13-01-2014 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

I don't often go up to the food court in MP but I had cause to be there yesterday, and I notice that Eddie Rockets is all boarded up. Their sign is also missing from the board at the entrance to the food court - are they gone forever? Are they still at the Kinsale roundabout?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

corblimey wrote: »
    I don't often go up to the food court in MP but I had cause to be there yesterday, and I notice that Eddie Rockets is all boarded up. Their sign is also missing from the board at the entrance to the food court - are they gone forever? Are they still at the Kinsale roundabout?

Long gone , They are still open at the kinsale road roundabout , but I'm not sure if its still a part of the franchise.
    The signage has changed at the roundabout to just "Diner"

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭boydkev

I think it is now called Rockin' Joes and not Eddie Rockets at the kinsale Road Roundabout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

Rockin' Joes in Blackpool too. Menu almost identical to Eddie's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Same on south main street. Some information here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Always thought they were well over priced. Burgers were nice though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

Barr wrote: »
    Always thought they were well over priced.

Hence the nickname 'Empty Pockets'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

I hear "Hillbillys Pizza and Wings" are setting up in the MP Food Court soon....

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Depending on rent and rates a Fast Als type place would do well there

• Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭brevity

A subway would clean up imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Boots234

Ya, a subway would do very well even though it would be directly beside the Bagel Bar, I'm surprised that they haven't moved in there already. The new subway in Douglas seems to be very busy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭Triangla

Subway - gross. They could do with a burrito bar there.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Grim_Wreeper

Triangla wrote: »
    They could do with a burrito bar there.

This. OR I would love if Chipotle opened up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭murphym7

Boots234 wrote: »
    Ya, a subway would do very well even though it would be directly beside the Bagel Bar, I'm surprised that they haven't moved in there already. The new subway in Douglas seems to be very busy

Where in Doulgas is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

brevity wrote: »
    A subway would clean up imo

I believe Subway are opening a place in the cinema part of Mahon Point...that's what I read here on boards some under a Mahon Point thread.

I used to like Subway but christ, it's muck really. 'Eat Fresh' - yeah, fresh muck. But sure all fast food is muck but Subway pretend to be something better than the other fast food, which it aint.

Boots234 wrote: »

busy with annoying teenagers hanging around.

murphym7 wrote: »
    Where in Doulgas is it?

beside Centra, in the old Xtravision store.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭brevity

Subway isn't really my cup of tea either but it's very popular so it would be good from a purely financial point of view.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

horgan_p wrote: »
    Depending on rent and rates a Fast Als type place would do well there

+1 would love a pizza slice place out Mahon/blackrock direction

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Subway have also opened in blackpool as part of the pantry which is now daybreak instead of centra although both Musgrave brands.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,578 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I heard that subway is opening at the omniplex at Mahon as well that's why they moved the ticket desk. I used like subway but I got turned off it because the food i.e the meat isn't the best quality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

I used to like Subway but christ, it's muck really. 'Eat Fresh' - yeah, fresh muck. But sure all fast food is muck but Subway pretend to be something better than the other fast food, which it aint.

I presume this is an unqualified opinion of yours which you dress up to sound like fact.

At least Subway meat products are 100% Irish. - Even if you buy it in France / Germany or UK.

Dawn Foods got a 10 year contract to supply meats to every subway store in Europe that led to over 200 jobs.

As with any food type or style, you can healthily eat it in moderation. - and seeing as you seem to say its not better than other fast food, can you explain a little cos even basic food knowledge would tell me that chicken breast on a wheat roll with loads of fresh salads and a dressing is rather better for me than a double whopper. But as with everything, YOU decide. Choose the chicken breast or the meatball with double cheese.

A little personal responsibility goes a long way in eating well. - Something we seem to forget most of the time.

As for eddie rockets, the franchise holder for several branches was in dispute with eddie rocketts and this was settled about 5 months ago. This meant the franchise holder no longer would trade as eddie rocketts or use the eddie rocketts colour scheme. He simply rebranded them rockin joes.

Advertisement