Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pardew

• 13-01-2014 12:49pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So how much of a fine/ban do people expect him to get for his on camera out burst?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

The man stinks of arrogance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

lordgoat wrote: »
    So how much of a fine/ban do people expect him to get for his on camera out burst?

Maybe 1 match and a fine and warned about future behaviour.

Later apologised in the post macth interview too but Pardew isnt a really nice guy, putting as mildly as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,467 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

He's a arrogant smug git and I detest him..to make it worse I support the club :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

None, was audio captured or just lip reading?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Hopefully ages. Can't stand him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

not a fan or excusing his outburst ... but the referee should be the one banned , what an appalling decision , one of the worst I've seen, and I've seen many bad ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Horrible behavior, I really can't stand the man. Easily the least likeable manager in the Premier League imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Maybe they will bring in video evidence and do away with the oppotunities for people to lose the rag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Passion or Punk? (stolen from Redcafe!) a bit of both, but he really needs a good slap from the FA at this stage, apologising after the event only gets your so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

What did he do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

What did he do?

Called Pellegrini

"an old f**king c*$t"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

If players can get away with saying a lot worse to refs to their face, why would the FA fine Pardew although they do Rooney but that was into a camera wasn't it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Uaru

Insulting an opponent in the heat of the moment shouldn't carry any punishment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

RasTa wrote: »
    None, was audio captured or just lip reading?

Lip read, although its extremely easy to see what he said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,547 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

How do we know that Pelligrini didn't insult him before hand?

I think no further action should be taken and just let them sort it out themselves.

The game doesn't need to stop people getting worked up or annoyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I expect punishment. It would be better if there was no punishment. So what like? It's a man's game, passions will naturally be inflamed in the heat of the moment. So long as he apologised after the game I really don't see what the issue is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Don't think it deserves punishment, really. I get that managers get heated, but I do think that what Pardew said was a fairly nasty, but punishment? Nah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Uaru wrote: »
    Insulting an opponent in the heat of the moment shouldn't carry any punishment.

Exactly, its good to see managers with some passion. No way should he be fined by the Gestapo.

Pardew is very unlikeable though.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

He wont get anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,567 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Shocking detestable individual. Would be hard to punish him for anything other than the abuse he gave the ref though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Because Ferguson or any other manager in history has never shouted abuse ever. :rolleyes:

I don't like the chap even as an nufc fan but some of the 'holier than thou' attitudes in here are genuinely amusing.

He apologised, Pellegrini said there was no problem. Get over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

this **** goes on all the time by players, coaches, managers etc. Cant see how he could be pulled on this.

as offences go in football this is near the bottom. I cant stand the man but he is not alone in what he does

Storm in a teacup. A nothing story.

He said sorry. That should be it.

Just because he's an unlikeable chap doesn't mean he should be punished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Oh, and to raise another point;

Why is it a bigger issue is being made of this while the frankly DIRE officiating continues week after week. The Tiote "goal", YM staying on the field after his tackle on Nasri, dodgy penalty at Stoke, the numerous "offsides" given in City's favour, countless other decisions being ****ed up week after week.

Yet officials continue to be protected rather than asked to explain themselves.

What happens if decisions like this are made in Brazil in the summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Whatever about punishment, it doesn't look well for Pardew. He's a grown up man, and he uses that kind of language, in a public arena no less? No class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Tbf It's nothing you wouldn't hear at a Sunday league game.

Not sure what the fuss is about.

I think people are being holier than thou about it as it's Pardew as he give the impression he's a bit of a Cant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

murpho999 wrote: »
    How do we know that Pelligrini didn't insult him before hand?

Thats true I think Pardew is almost universally hated.

How I feel about Pardew

IhateUrFace_white375.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Not his first offence either. And won't be his last. Arrogance and childish behaviour is his normal sideline routine.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Oh, and to raise another point;

Why is it a bigger issue is being made of this while the frankly DIRE officiating continues week after week. The Tiote "goal", YM staying on the field after his tackle on Nasri, dodgy penalty at Stoke, the numerous "offsides" given in City's favour, countless other decisions being ****ed up week after week.

Yet officials continue to be protected rather than asked to explain themselves.

It happens every World Cup though. England's goal against Germany. The kick in the chest in the final. South Korea's goal against Italy.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm certainly no fan of Pardew, but I can't see there being any FA charge or similar on this, or at least there shouldn't be imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

Given the circumstances I'm sure he wasn't the only one having a crazy outburst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Can you use lip reading as proof of wrong doing? Without a complaint from the recipient.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I went to a Sunderland match there a few seasons back while I was in Newcastle, they were playing united, I was sat right behind ferguson in away dug out and you wouldn't of heard what he was saying to the officials, players and opposition manager out of sailor.
    I couldn't care less about what Pardew said, throw the book at him for been a smug **** though all day.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

Told ya's. ....

"@BenSmithBBC: #NUFC manager Alan Pardew will face no @FA punishment for swearing at #MCFC boss Manuel Pellegrini on Sunday."

I just can't get my head around comparing his behaviour to that of the players on the pitch.

I mean we do all understand that he needs to behave differently and why........right???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Agueroooo wrote: »
    Told ya's. ....

"@BenSmithBBC: #NUFC manager Alan Pardew will face no @FA punishment for swearing at #MCFC boss Manuel Pellegrini on Sunday."

As much as I dislike the man , it's good to see common sense prevailed .

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Moneymaker wrote: »

Nothing. FIFA, UEFA etc will continue to keep their heads in the sand and back the referees to the hilt.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Nothing. FIFA, UEFA etc will continue to keep their heads in the sand and back the referees to the hilt.

I just don't get how you want FIFA and UEFA to take action on refereeing decisions like this when you've a large quantity of people who think the decision was absolutely fine

CSF wrote: »
    I just can't get my head around comparing his behaviour to that of the players on the pitch.

I mean we do all understand that he needs to behave differently and why........right???

I think players swearing at refs in their faces is worse than this yes. I get your point though, the managers should conduct themselves with more respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Underrated coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Once or twice you could say fair enough but he has a rap sheet as long as my arm at this stage. Of course they're all just ''out of character'' incidents and he's always sorry.

Given his extra-curricular activities (easily found with a quick Google) is anyone surprised what he's like? A horrible man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Paully D wrote: »
    Once or twice you could say fair enough but he has a rap sheet as long as my arm at this stage. Of course they're all just ''out of character'' incidents and he's always sorry.

Given his extra-curricular activities (easily found with a quick Google) is anyone surprised what he's like? A horrible man.

This.

Also, this incident specifically, the impression is given that the ref made an error and perhaps Pellegrini said it was the correct call (I am assuming Pellegrini said something) and then for some reason Pardew calls him an old c**t.

It seemed completely out of order to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Paully D wrote: »

What extra-curricular activities?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 500 ✭✭Malmedicine

Him and Kinnear were just working side by side over the past few weeks trying to bring in a few transfers. Obviously Joe rubbed off on him a bit and he forgot at the weekend he wasn't addressing old Joe.

In all seriousness good thing they didn't have coach cam on Ferguson during his managerial career he'd never have got out of the stands all the abuse he used to shout ( which we then as viewers could lip read)
    If this happened at any other club it would be a nothing story.
    And anyway he was right Pellegrini is Old does have a big Nose and prob is the other thing too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I love that Fergie has been mentioned 3(technically 4 now) times in this thread. More times than Pellegrini even :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

If this happened at any other club it would be a nothing story.

It is a nothing story, nothing happened him. If this was Jose/Wenger, i'd have expected a ban/fine. If this was Rooney imagine the ban he'd have got?

Not saying I think he should have been banned but as ever inconsistency and the FA go hand in hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

lordgoat wrote: »
    It is a nothing story, nothing happened him. If this was Jose/Wenger, i'd have expected a ban/fine. If this was Rooney imagine the ban he'd have got?

Not saying I think he should have been banned but as ever inconsistency and the FA go hand in hand.

Of course he should have been banned IMHO, imagined your manager was caught shouting at a manager of a competitor firm like that you would expect some serious ramification. I don't know what makes footballers and managers above things like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,387 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

razorblunt wrote: »
    Of course he should have been banned IMHO, imagined your manager was caught shouting at a manager of a competitor firm like that you would expect some serious ramification. I don't know what makes footballers and managers above things like that.

You seriously don't?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Horrible behavior, I really can't stand the man. Easily the least likeable manager in the Premier League imo.

Still the same ****

Advertisement